Thread: GameDay camper

vCash

GameDay camper

Considering buying a camper and doing games day football and baseball. Any advice?
    "until the next time you beat a frat guy unconscious, get stoned and think you're Peter Pan"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnodawg View Post
    Considering buying a camper and doing games day football and baseball. Any advice?
    Don't buy a true camper. Buy a well built aluminum trailer like a sundowner or ATC.

vCash
    Moreland Storage on old HWY 25 has some nice parking spots. Get a spot and leave it up there all season. In heat like this, there is no way for the AC to keep up, but in Oct it will hopefully it will be fine. If you do leave the camper up there, turn on the AC right when you hit town and then go eat, shopping whatever giving the AD a chance to cool it down. If an older camper, change out all the bulbs with LEDs that don't produce heat.
    Last edited by viverlibre; 07-29-2023 at 09:23 PM.

vCash
    Originally started with 5th wheel camper stayed primarily at the horse park. Stayed a few times at the Rv park at the refuge. Stayed at the pines once wasn?t real pleased with pad where they had us reserved for. Broken concrete and not level. Then purchased a motor home and stayed exclusively at the horse park. Even dry camped (on generator) at horse park several times due to miss communication with reservations. Dry camped at the intramural baseball/softball fields parking lot and in the field beside vet school.

Our kids (x3) were at State then. The horse park was the best. Had shuttle to and from game. Became friends with other regulars at the horse park. This was quite a awhile ago before all the new rv places opened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnodawg View Post
    Looking to get one as well heading into this season. I had one years ago and did it, mostly at horse park. Had a great time. Horse park has gone up. Looking just for an economical night stay this time. Going on a small weekend camper, nothing big.

Get something that fits what you want. All kinds out there. I want something light and small this time. Looking at other options around Starkville as well.

vCash
    My advice would be save your money and upgrade your home experience - TV/outdoor area/grills etc.

vCash
    The reason I advocated a monthly parking spot is that setting up and breaking down a bumper pull or 5th wheel is a PITA. Especially if you're going to arrive in Starkville after dark on Friday and are leaving on Sunday morning. Don't get me wrong, plenty of folks do it, but I don't want to have to work when i go to a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Moreland Storage on old HWY 25 has some nice parking spots. Get a spot and leave it up there all season. In heat like this, there is no way for the AC to keep up, but in Oct it will hopefully it will be fine. If you do leave the camper up there, turn on the AC right when you hit town and then go eat, shopping whatever giving the AD a chance to cool it down. If an older camper, change out all the bulbs with LEDs that don't produce heat.
    $450 a month for Morelands. Cheaper than a hotel weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeuteredDawg View Post
    My advice would be save your money and upgrade your home experience - TV/outdoor area/grills etc.
    Home setup is as nice as I want it. Really just wanting to try the camper experience before I die or in too old to possibly enjoy it
    "until the next time you beat a frat guy unconscious, get stoned and think you're Peter Pan"

vCash
    Before the powers that be shut down the greatest tailgate areas ever, the old RR tracks along university drive was absolutely the BEST area to do a pregame gathering. Truly hate those old days were done away with. Those old oaks shading that area before the first night game at Davis Wade will forever be in my mind. I don’t think the grove had anything on that area.....ESPECIALLY THE FOOD !!!! Sometimes progress is going backward. JMHO