Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: State and NCAA Baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    This is true. LSU fired Orgeron less than two years after they won a national championship. They'd do the same for Jay Johnson if he falls apart.

We weren't willing to do the same to Lemonis.
    Well to me it sounds like "we" were, just the AD wasn't.

As much as I've been arguing with C34 and Todd let's not forget that Todd made a post calling for Polk to be the interim, and C34 called Lemonis "Lemonizick" as a reference to Gene Chizik. These guys were absolutely "willing" to fire Lemo. They're just trying to put a positive spin on next year because they'd rather we be optimistic than pessimistic, which is fair.

All accounts here have a common denominator- our AD didn't want to make the move. So I pin the blame on him
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 07-31-2023 at 02:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Well to me it sounds like "we" were, just the AD wasn't.

As much as I've been arguing with C34 and Todd let's not forget that Todd made a post calling for Polk to be the interim, and C34 called Lemonis "Lemonizick" as a reference to Gene Chizik. These guys were absolutely "willing" to fire Lemo. They're just trying to put a positive spin on next year because they'd rather we be optimistic than pessimistic, which is fair.

All accounts here have a common denominator- our AD didn't want to make the move. So I pin the blame on him
    That's who I'm referring to when I say "we."

It doesn't matter what I or any other poster on here thinks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Scoob can you already send this rebel packing? Nothing but negativity and hating State stuff in every sport with damn near every post. Pointless to discuss anything with him.
    Because you don?t like the truth you accuse people of being a Rebel. I?m just calling it like I see it, hoss. Most of you don?t care about the facts of the history as Coach and others have pointed out. You just want to say ?we are the best cuz we fill the stands?.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    This is true. LSU fired Orgeron less than two years after they won a national championship. They'd do the same for Jay Johnson if he falls apart.

We weren't willing to do the same to Lemonis.
    Big difference. LSU has multiple national championships in both of those sports.
    We just got our first in any sport. Does that give him a lifetime contract? nope.. and I was close after these past 2 years. But Foxhall is now gone.
    We have a ton of talent coming back. It's gonna be a very good year or a repeat.

He earned his chance... hopefully it's not his last.

vCash
    Scoob can you already send this rebel packing? Nothing but negativity and hating State stuff in every sport with damn near every post. Pointless to discuss anything with him.
    Really dude? you are asking me to send someone packing because you don't like their opinion?
    That's mighty funny considering if I followed that... you would have been loooong gone.

vCash
    He may well be Lemonizik. We’ll see this Spring. We don’t lack talent and we aren’t depending on too many freshmen this go round. No excuses
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    B-b-b-b-b-but we put 14k in the stands to watch us lose!!! Baseball royalty!!
    Some are finally coming around to the realization that players do not give one iota of a crap about this. It is nice but it is not the end all be all that some make it out to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Really dude? you are asking me to send someone packing because you don't like their opinion?
    That's mighty funny considering if I followed that... you would have been loooong gone.
    here go tater just a being tater again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Some are finally coming around to the realization that players do not give one iota of a crap about this. It is nice but it is not the end all be all that some make it out to be.
    Yep, our attendance records, stadium, and fans don't mean one thing to these portal players. They want to get paid, win, and get developed while they do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He may well be Lemonizik. We’ll see this Spring. We don’t lack talent and we aren’t depending on too many freshmen this go round. No excuses
    That's the difference in our positions- I think year 4 and 5 being abject failures is enough evidence he is "Lemonizick". You think there needs to be a year 6 to say he sucks.

Earlier this year you agreed with me, that's why you made the nickname

vCash
    If Parker can't get some pf the arms to be SEC arms quick and lower the ERA down to sub 5, it won't matter how many sticks we got

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    That's the difference in our positions- I think year 4 and 5 being abject failures is enough evidence he is "Lemonizick". You think there needs to be a year 6 to say he sucks.

Earlier this year you agreed with me, that's why you made the nickname
    I've criticized the guy since we hired him. We left pitchers in too long and other problems the year we won the title. Most of my complaints have been on the pitching side- so I'm willing to see if Fox was indeed the biggest problem. Now I know I will get the usual pushback of "Lemon is the HC- it ultimately falls on him". I get it. But Muscara at Wake handles all the pitching decisions as do other PC's at various schools. That's just how some coaches operate. We'll see if the PC change makes much difference.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    We have another tiresome dude here that I just put on auto block. Don't have to see the nonsense anymore. The ignore is awesome. Check it out.