Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: State and NCAA Baseball

vCash
    My bad. 2 in 33 years. Not sure why 2016 slipped the mind.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    And we have historically held our own recruiting against LSU in baseball when our program is performing like it should. Even when LSU has not been at the top.of the league I can't ever remember them falling to the absolute bottom like we have the last 2 years
    We have had 5 losing seasons in the last 15 seasons with only 1 of those being Lemon's. Again- acting like we are experiencing some historical losing under Lemon is not living in reality.

LSU will never fall like us. They are the best program in the country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We have had 5 losing seasons in the last 15 seasons with only 1 of those being Lemon's. Again- acting like we are experiencing some historical losing under Lemon is not living in reality.

And LSU would have fired Lemonis after the last two seasons NC or not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    And LSU would have fired Lemonis after the last two seasons NC or not
    We aren’t LSU and never will be

vCash

14th of 14 SEC teams in '22 and 13th of 14 in '23 is now historical for us. Just having an overall winning season is a very low bar for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    14th of 14 SEC teams in '22 and 13th of 14 in '23 is now historical for us. Just having an overall winning season is a very low bar for us.
    We finished last in 2008
    We finished last in 2009
    We finished next to last in 2010
    Losing season in 2015
    Losing season in 2022

5 losing seasons in the last 15 years

vCash
    We finished last in 2008
    We finished last in 2009
    We finished next to last in 2010
    Losing season in 2015
    Losing season in 2022

5 losing seasons in the last 15 years
    3 of those were the end of Polk 2/beginning g of Cohen where he had to fix the roster the slow way (no Portal)

In 15 Cohen reacted so strongly to loosing he got a ton of great JuCos and we won the SEC the next year. There's no good excuses for '15, but the man took action to fix it

What did Lemo do after his loosing season?

vCash
    same thing he's doing now, waiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    I wouldn't say that Vitello elevates anyone.....his teams are absolute trash as far as character goes and that lack of character is why they choke every post season.
    Omaha 2 out of the last 3 years. National seed two out of the last 3 years and was the number 1 overall seed in 2022. At this moment they are light years ahead of us and it is solely because of Vitello. You can hate him all you want but I would take him in a heartbeat over Lemonis. Also, how about we stop acting like our guys play like choirboys. Hunter Hines flipped off the OM fans two years ago in Oxford, Ethan Small told the CMU dugout to blow him, and Logan Tanner had some very choice words for the OM dugout after the 21 series. And btw, none of that is bad. I love playing with that brash confidence and cockiness.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 07-30-2023 at 07:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    3 of those were the end of Polk 2/beginning g of Cohen where he had to fix the roster the slow way (no Portal)

In 15 Cohen reacted so strongly to loosing he got a ton of great JuCos and we won the SEC the next year. There's no good excuses for '15, but the man took action to fix it

What did Lemo do after his loosing season?
    That's not entirely true. We brought in exactly 3 JUCOs who contributed in '16 - Lowe, Kruger, and Daniel Brown. Everyone else was either on the roster or true freshman. We had a ton of guys make jumps (Hudson, Sexton, Houston and Rooker being the main ones) from '15 and had a freshmans who hit .400+, and 2 more who gave us major innings (Pilk and James).

More than anything Cohen filled a hole with Lowe, got lucky with Kruger which allowed Collins to play 3B (remember Lovelady was our C and he went down early to injury), and trusted the talent he saw that didn't play well in '15.

vCash
    I know, because our fans, school, boosters, you name it accepts mediocrity

It?s that poor ol ms state attitude of ?cant?

From a fandom standpoint, sometimes I kick myself for choosing MSU over LSU to get my degree

vCash
    baseball will be mediocre under lemonis. he's proven 2 years in a row that he's dull and can't get a top portal pitcher to seal the deal. hitting will be fine next season with or without Montgomery. Lemo's job is all under the control of Parker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    baseball will be mediocre under lemonis. he's proven 2 years in a row that he's dull and can't get a top portal pitcher to seal the deal. hitting will be fine next season with or without Montgomery. Lemo's job is all under the control of Parker.
    It is weird to me that he and staff do a good job of overall recruiting but have been very lackluster in portal recruiting.

vCash
    It is weird to me that he and staff do a good job of overall recruiting but have been very lackluster in portal recruiting.
    I thought about that also. Hard to figure.

vCash
    Quite frankly- we're way too nice to our coaches.

If LSU has a year like we did in 2022 they'll turn on Jay Johnson VERY quickly.

vCash
    I think we've done pretty well myself. Who have we lost? Skenes and Holman? I think our pitching situation is part of that in both cases. Skenes because we still had Foxhall and he liked LSU's team better. And Holman because Parker is a little bit of a newer guy and his friend was on their team. And in both cases we got pretty close to landing them. If Parker has a good year there is a good chance we'll get the next big guy next year.

But look at who we have gotten- Dubrule and Simmons for 2021. 2022 we got RJ Yeager and Jess Davis. 2023 we got Ledbetter who became a second round pick, Dohm, Nixon, Larry, and Hujsack.

I do think we could do better but I don't think we've been bad and at least Lemonis typically fills holes in the lineup.

vCash
    like I said, kinda mediocre for a guy who should field a top 15 caliber team annually. Lemo contacted several other portal guys this summer, not just pitchers but came up no dice. I am very interested in Parker though and what immediate improvement he can get from each arm really. I'm wondering if next season might be a situation where we see 3-4 arms each game, regardless of who starts as part of a strategic plan to keep guys fresh and out of trouble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Quite frankly- we're way too nice to our coaches.

If LSU has a year like we did in 2022 they'll turn on Jay Johnson VERY quickly.
    This is true. LSU fired Orgeron less than two years after they won a national championship. They'd do the same for Jay Johnson if he falls apart.

We weren't willing to do the same to Lemonis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Omaha 2 out of the last 3 years. National seed two out of the last 3 years and was the number 1 overall seed in 2022. At this moment they are light years ahead of us and it is solely because of Vitello. You can hate him all you want but I would take him in a heartbeat over Lemonis. Also, how about we stop acting like our guys play like choirboys. Hunter Hines flipped off the OM fans two years ago in Oxford, Ethan Small told the CMU dugout to blow him, and Logan Tanner had some very choice words for the OM dugout after the 21 series. And btw, none of that is bad. I love playing with that brash confidence and cockiness.
    B-b-b-b-b-but we put 14k in the stands to watch us lose!!! Baseball royalty!!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    B-b-b-b-b-but we put 14k in the stands to watch us lose!!! Baseball royalty!!
    Scoob can you already send this rebel packing? Nothing but negativity and hating State stuff in every sport with damn near every post. Pointless to discuss anything with him.