Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SI picks Aubie not state to finish last in the west.........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I think Kiffins game is up. They have been one of the worst 2nd half teams in the SEC
    And don't forget Kiffin will go for it on 4th down when he should punt and rely on his defense. It blew up in his face several times last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    Very few Egg bowls are won until after the half time. I will say the 14 travesty/debacle/train wreck against a one legged qb is still one of the most devastating, long term destruction of a program I can remember. ......I truly still want to know what happened. It seemed the defense and offense just didn’t get off the bus.....Any thoughts?
    21 was lost by us in the first half. We should have been up 2 scores

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Mississippi likely ends up 8-4. They have alot of starters returning
    8 wins for Ole Miss would be an overachievement due to the schedule. They are going to lose to Alabama, LSU, and Georgia. Then they have 4 tossups. 2-2 in those have them a 7-5. They are going to be awful on defense again.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    21 was lost by us in the first half. We should have been up 2 scores
    As good of a player Austin Williams was for us he just about single handidly lost us 2 huge games. that 21 egg bowl and the lsu game last year were crucial errors for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    8 wins for Ole Miss would be an overachievement due to the schedule. They are going to lose to Alabama, LSU, and Georgia. Then they have 4 tossups. 2-2 in those have them a 7-5. They are going to be awful on defense again.
    Traditional wisdom may be on your side, I think C34 is right. Don?t sell LK short, plus as we found out in 14 a great QB can absolutely turn a regular season into a magic one. Let?s see how he does.......should be interesting!

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    Traditional wisdom may be on your side, I think C34 is right. Don?t sell LK short, plus as we found out in 14 a great QB can absolutely turn a regular season into a magic one. Let?s see how he does.......should be interesting!
    He lost 5 of his last 6 games last year, lost anyone worth a damn on a bad defense, and lost 2 of his best playmakers on an offense that was not any good the second half of last year. Ole Miss is going to be extremely mediocre.

vCash
    the plantation will be awash with tears when they lose at Tulane early

vCash
    Mississippi likely ends up 8-4. They have alot of starters returning
    I just think they?ve got a brutal schedule unlike last year when they went a very soft 8-4. Road games at Bama, Georgia, MSU, Tulane, and Auburn. And they still have to play LSU and have loseable home games against A&M and Arkansas. 8-4 would be a big success with that schedule.

vCash
    Losing a few early and then capsizing late in the season seems appropriate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    I just think they?ve got a brutal schedule unlike last year when they went a very soft 8-4. Road games at Bama, Georgia, MSU, Tulane, and Auburn. And they still have to play LSU and have loseable home games against A&M and Arkansas. 8-4 would be a big success with that schedule.
    Saint Hugh will have AU ready for this game. This is more important to him than the Iron Bowl.

vCash
    Brutal schedule? Kiffin sux? Lots of maroons in this thread.

Mississippi is 2nd in the SEC in returning starters. Year after year teams with lots of returning starters end up being very good. I said the same thing about us last summer and you guys freaked out because I said we would have a shot at 10 wins. And we ended up a Kentucky debacle away from it (the team you guys say we should beat every year). They have a returning experienced QB and other QB talent.

OOC- Mercer, Tulane, Ga Tech, and Monroe. They are going 4-0 against those teams

SEC home- LSU, UPig, Candy, A&M- could go 3-1 at home and will likely play LSU tough as they usually do. 2-2 at worst- thats 6 wins at worst for them

SEC road- Bama, Auburn, Georgia, State- they gonna lose to Bama and Jawja. I think they beat Auburn because Auburn just isnt very talented yet. Auburn lacks depth and plays A&M, Georgia, and LSU the 3 games before Mississippi. Tough sledding for Freezus and they will get beat up in those games. And I wont even get into the fact that the Egg Bowl will be a war as usual.

They are going to be pretty good this year and win 7-8 games. 9 ceiling with a 6 at the very worst
    Last edited by Coach34; 08-04-2023 at 08:45 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash

Mississippi is 2nd in the SEC in returning starters. Year after year teams with lots of returning starters end up being very good. I said the same thing about us last summer and you guys freaked out because I said we would have a shot at 10 wins. And we ended up a Kentucky debacle away from it (the team you guys say we should beat every year). They have a returning experienced QB and other QB talent.

OOC- Mercer, Tulane, Ga Tech, and Monroe. They are going 4-0 against those teams

SEC home- LSU, UPig, Candy, A&M- could go 3-1 at home and will likely play LSU tough as they usually do. 2-2 at worst- thats 6 wins at worst for them

SEC road- Bama, Auburn, Georgia, State- they gonna lose to Bama and Jawja. I think they beat Auburn because Auburn just isnt very talented yet. Auburn lacks depth and plays A&M, Georgia, and LSU the 3 games before Mississippi. Tough sledding for Freezu and they will get beat up in those games. And I wont even get into the fact that the Egg Bowl will be a war as usual.

They are going to be pretty good this year and win 7-8 games. 9 ceiling with a 6 at the very worst
    Tulane is not a gimme. The evolved version of Lane Kiffin, Lincoln Riley, lost to them.

1-3 at home is possible for them.

They have a very real 4 win floor. 6 wins is where I see them. 9 win ceiling if it all breaks right for them I agree. But that's a big if.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash

SEC road- Bama, Auburn, Georgia, State- they gonna lose to Bama and Jawja. I think they beat Auburn because Auburn just isnt very talented yet. Auburn lacks depth and plays A&M, Georgia, and LSU the 3 games before Mississippi. Tough sledding for Freezu and they will get beat up in those games. And I wont even get into the fact that the Egg Bowl will be a war as usual.

They have 3 auto losses and 4 toss ups. 8 wins would be outstanding. It is doable but they have a severe lack of talent on defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    They have 3 auto losses and 4 toss ups. 8 wins would be outstanding. It is doable but they have a severe lack of talent on defense.
    They are again trying to mold a roster very heavy with portal mercenaries into a team from August to the first game. I said last season that if Lane could do this, he was a very good coach. Lost 5 of last 6 last year after early season cupcake wins were gone. i see same song, second verse with much harder schedule.

vCash

Excellent observation Coach