Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SI picks Aubie not state to finish last in the west.........

vCash
    If you believe recruiting rankings accurately reflect talent, Alabama has the most talented roster in the history of college football.
    We will see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    SEC West:

1. LSU
    2. Bammer
    3. State
    4. A&M
    5. Mississippi
    6. UPig
    7. Auburn

LSU has to go to Bammer but I still think they win it even with 1 loss
    Bammer gonna lose a couple
    We gonna be pretty good
    A&M has potential to be 2nd or 3rd- but we'll see how it works out
    UPig returns a damn good QB but the rest is suspect
    Mississippi returns a good many starters- they are likely an 8-4 team with a 2nd Egg Bowl loss
    Auburn lacks talent. Freezus needs the collection plate to be full to lock down his 1st good class to pave the way back
    This is likely how it goes but all 7 are probably going bowling. A&M could implode and OM showed some warning signs of imploding. Auburn is going to win 1 or 2 they shouldn?t at Jordan hare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Auburn is going to beat ole miss
    Good call

vCash
    This is likely how it goes but all 7 are probably going bowling.
    Would not surprise
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    They play OM 10/21 and then us the next Saturday 10/28. Both are home games for AU. Can Hugh get them up to beat us after he has stoked them like a fire to play OM?

I really like our chances.
    That is a very good point. Maybe the league will throw us a bone again like they did 2 years ago and make it an 11 AM game.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    That is a very good point. Maybe the league will throw us a bone again like they did 2 years ago and make it an 11 AM game.
    Oh, it'd be awesome for them to have OM 6pm on ESPN and then us the next Saturday on SECN at 11am. I can see that too. Freeze coaching against OM since his firing six years ago. The Lane/Freeze match up is going to be talked about all that week. Freeze is going to get them sky high to play OM. Then they have to come down from the high and practice to play us at 11am. They will come out flatter than a Dr. Pepper from 1995.

vCash
    Freeze is notorious for getting his squad up for a big game and then having a let down. Sets up well for us.

vCash
    Very few Egg bowls are won until after the half time. I will say the 14 travesty/debacle/train wreck against a one legged qb is still one of the most devastating, long term destruction of a program I can remember. ......I truly still want to know what happened. It seemed the defense and offense just didn’t get off the bus.....Any thoughts?
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 07-30-2023 at 11:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    Very few Egg bowls are won until after the half time. I will say the 14 travesty/debacle/train wreck against a one legged qb is still one of the most devastating, long term destruction of a program I can remember. ......I truly still want to know what happened. It seemed the defense and offense just didn’t get off the bus.....Any thoughts?
    Our DC was going to Florida and hated Mullen. Mullen was pimping himself out - again - after having the #1 team in country.

vCash
    We also drove over from Columbus(or was it Tupelo?) the morning of the game instead of staying the night in Oxford.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    I see Arnett and Freeze doing much better than expected, For some reason I see LK doing a little less than expected.
    And LK will probably get a raise. Lost 5 of 6 to end the year and landed quite a raise

vCash
    Mississippi likely ends up 8-4. They have alot of starters returning
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    We had Zach Jackson covering Evan engram all game because Justin Cox was suspended for breaking into his GFs house. That and the fluke run by Jeff Scott killed the defense. Offensively they beat us up front and we didnt capitalize in the first half when we had a chance to get up 2 scores

vCash
    And Mullen doing his yearly look at me tour 100 percent hurt us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Mississippi likely ends up 8-4. They have alot of starters returning
    I think Kiffins game is up. They have been one of the worst 2nd half teams in the SEC

vCash
    We had Zach Jackson covering Evan engram all game because Justin Cox was suspended for breaking into his GFs house. That and the fluke run by Jeff Scott killed the defense. Offensively they beat us up front and we didnt capitalize in the first half when we had a chance to get up 2 scores
    Weren't we missing another starting safety in that game too or am i remembering wrong?

vCash
    I don’t think Ole Miss has the talent or coaching to win @bama or @uga or LSU. With their returning starters though, I would be highly surprised if they aren’t 8-3 coming into the Egg Bowl. I think we get beat them at home this year even though I think we go 6-6

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Weren't we missing another starting safety in that game too or am i remembering wrong?
    IIRC - Jay Hughes was the other starter at Safety and he was battling injuries. He played but was slowed down.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    IIRC - Jay Hughes was the other starter at Safety and he was battling injuries. He played but was slowed down.
    Thanks, Bruns. I'm getting old and dont remember like i used to. I thought we were playing with mostly backup safeties in that game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Kendrick Market also tore his acl or achilles during that game.