Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SI picks Aubie not state to finish last in the west.........

vCash

SI picks Aubie not state to finish last in the west.........

Toppmeyer prediction: Auburn, not Mississippi State, will finish last in the SEC West.

Hugh Freeze inherited a roster thinner on talent and depth than Auburn is accustomed to. He got to work in the transfer portal, but questions linger at key spots like quarterback and offensive line. Meanwhile, Mississippi State returns 41-year starter Will Rogers (OK, maybe it's not quite that long), and although Zach Arnett is unproven as a coach, he showed enough as a coordinator that we can expect MSU will remain stout on defense.

Adams agrees.

vCash
    I think Austin Williams was a 41 year starter.

vCash
    Oh man I can't wait for the season to start. So tired of seeing predictions and just can't understand why people care about them anymore, especially with the playoff polls not coming out until mid-season(the only poll that matters).
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    I see Arnett and Freeze doing much better than expected, For some reason I see LK doing a little less than expected.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Oh man I can't wait for the season to start. So tired of seeing predictions and just can't understand why people care about them anymore, especially with the playoff polls not coming out until mid-season(the only poll that matters).
    People love to hate.

vCash
    Our favorite sports journalist Barrett Sallee thinks Auburn struggles this year. He said Freeze is running the same plays he did at ole miss. He's not going to surprise many defenses in the SEC.

The AU faithful proceeded to have a meltdown on Twitter. They all claimed Freeze would take them 9-3 at worst this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Our favorite sports journalist Barrett Sallee thinks Auburn struggles this year. He said Freeze is running the same plays he did at ole miss. He's not going to surprise many defenses in the SEC.

The AU faithful proceeded to have a meltdown on Twitter. They all claimed Freeze would take them 9-3 at worst this year.
    I may be way wrong on this, but I'll be very surprised if Freeze does anything at Auburn. I've said it for years, but Freeze won because he cheated his way to a team with exceptional talent. He won't have that advantage anymore. There is no cheating. He won't steal the best offensive lineman in the nation from Georgia. Or the best defensive player from Clemson or Alabama. It's not happening in today's free market. He's just another average coach today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I may be way wrong on this, but I'll be very surprised if Freeze does anything at Auburn. I've said it for years, but Freeze won because he cheated his way to a team with exceptional talent. He won't have that advantage anymore. There is no cheating. He won't steal the best offensive lineman in the nation from Georgia. Or the best defensive player from Clemson or Alabama. It's not happening in today's free market. He's just another average coach today.
    Idk. He won at Liberty. Highly unlikable human but perhaps a decent football coach. It'll be fascinating to watch either way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    Idk. He won at Liberty. Highly unlikable human but perhaps a decent football coach. It'll be fascinating to watch either way
    I can?t stand the guy but he will have Auburn competing at a high level especially if he gets the alumni base to buy in and support NIL to get the players he wants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    I agree. It's gonna be interesting to watch.

vCash
    Auburn is going to beat ole miss

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Yep.

vCash
    i hate to say this but revrend frezzus saint p ussy chaser is a good coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    i hate to say this but revrend frezzus saint p ussy chaser is a good coach.
    I guess we'll see. Not saying he's not, but people seem to just gloss over the fact that he was cheating at an unprecedented level at ole Miss to win like he did. Now all schools are just buying players away from each other. If auburn can outbid Bama and Georgia, then sure, he'll be this "good coach" again. If not, he'll have Auburn at 8-4 again.

vCash
    Hugh circled that day on his calendar the moment he got the job. I would not be surprised if we beat them but they lay an absolute ass kicking on Lane.

Let's not forget Freeze an absolutely loaded ole miss team and still couldn't win the West.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Hugh circled that day on his calendar the moment he got the job. I would not be surprised if we beat them but they lay an absolute ass kicking on Lane.

Let's not forget Freeze an absolutely loaded ole miss team and still couldn't win the West.

People seem to just disregard that last sentence. He's a snake oil salesman that cheated his ass off. He's a damn good cheat though. Probably already figured out a loophole to utilize NIL better than anyone else.

vCash
    SEC West:

1. LSU
    2. Bammer
    3. State
    4. A&M
    5. Mississippi
    6. UPig
    7. Auburn

LSU has to go to Bammer but I still think they win it even with 1 loss
    Bammer gonna lose a couple
    We gonna be pretty good
    A&M has potential to be 2nd or 3rd- but we'll see how it works out
    UPig returns a damn good QB but the rest is suspect
    Mississippi returns a good many starters- they are likely an 8-4 team with a 2nd Egg Bowl loss
    Auburn lacks talent. Freezus needs the collection plate to be full to lock down his 1st good class to pave the way back
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    SEC West:

1. LSU
    2. Bammer
    3. State
    4. A&M
    5. Mississippi
    6. UPig
    7. Auburn

LSU has to go to Bammer but I still think they win it even with 1 loss
    Bammer gonna lose a couple
    We gonna be pretty good
    A&M has potential to be 2nd or 3rd- but we'll see how it works out
    UPig returns a damn good QB but the rest is suspect
    Mississippi returns a good many starters- they are likely an 8-4 team with a 2nd Egg Bowl loss
    Auburn lacks talent. Freezus needs the collection plate to be full to lock down his 1st good class to pave the way back
    I know it's some maroon colored glasses, but I would not be surprised if we catch a less talented Bama early and beat them. It's possible. We could finish second in the West and Arnett's stock skyrockets.

vCash
    Agreed, and probably us as well. On the road and we haven't beaten them 3 years in a row in like 25 years.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Agreed, and probably us as well. On the road and we haven't beaten them 3 years in a row in like 25 years.
    They play OM 10/21 and then us the next Saturday 10/28. Both are home games for AU. Can Hugh get them up to beat us after he has stoked them like a fire to play OM?

I really like our chances.