Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
I'll always remember the 91, 92, 94 and 96 years vs them. Maybe Arnett can harness some that Jackie hard nose football and give them a game. In 91 we absolutely punched them in the nose but gave them a free TD on batched flea flicker and we could only muster one TD ourselves. However then in 92 and 94 gave a heavyweight fight again only to lose in the 4th quarter. I walked out of the stadium in 94 saying we would never beat them.

Then in 96 Stallings was rebuilding. We got a few lucky breaks. The most unexpected win took place that night.
Those games in the 1990's were epic. I had the same feeling you did after the game in 1994 in my den instead of at the game so I know where you are coming from. We got our payback in 1996 though. I would not say that Alabama was rebuilding that year though. They won the SEC West and won I think 9-10 games. They were very comparable to their 1994 team.

Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
This is not going to be one of Saban's best teams. I'd love to keep it close.
Two things make me believe we can keep it close and have a chance to win:

1. It's in Starkville

2. They do not have a QB like they have had the past few years that can make incredible plays. Thus, they will likely rely more on their running backs- Saban has even hinted at this during SEC media days which is no surprise. IMO the strength of our defense is stopping the running game. IF we can get out of our heads there is no reason we can't at least give them a tough 1990's esque effort.