Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senior laden team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We have a chance this season which will probably mirror 2017. We are at home, vet team, experienced QB, good on D. Got to find a way to make a few plays when we need it
    And Bama is going to play a style that is less conducive to blowing people out. More run first than what they've been recently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    And Bama is going to play a style that is less conducive to blowing people out. More run first than what they've been recently.
    This should be our best chance to beat them probably since 2017. Yes, they will be a lot different in that they do not have a Hurts, Tua, or Young at QB that can score with anyone and create and make plays.

People talk about our offense failing to score on them- well the defense hasn't exactly been great against them either. If we can contain their run game and their QB doesn't have the game of his life like Will Levis last year then we'll force Saban to hit the red emergency button in Birmingham to force the officials to beat us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This should be our best chance to beat them probably since 2017. Yes, they will be a lot different in that they do not have a Hurts, Tua, or Young at QB that can score with anyone and create and make plays.

People talk about our offense failing to score on them- well the defense hasn't exactly been great against them either. If we can contain their run game and their QB doesn't have the game of his life like Will Levis last year then we'll force Saban to hit the red emergency button in Birmingham to force the officials to beat us.
    Let's keep our powder dry and beat them in 2024 propelling us into the 12-team playoff.

vCash
    The game I have circled is LSU. Figure out how to win that game and the whole season opens up to us. We will automatically be in the West Championship race because LSU will have to beat everyone to catch up. We might actually get decent officiating against Bama if we have taken care of SCar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    The game I have circled is LSU. Figure out how to win that game and the whole season opens up to us. We will automatically be in the West Championship race because LSU will have to beat everyone to catch up. We might actually get decent officiating against Bama if we have taken care of SCar.
    Nope not going to happen, no chance, water is wet, rinse and repeat. My 40+ years of watching Bama vs State I can count on one hand the times we didn?t just get screwed by the officials and some really unjustified calls against us. Not just my imagination either.

I forget which Bama coach it was that was heard yelling this ?gosh damit we?ve got Kenny Stabler?s cousin out there officiating the game and we can?t get a call to go our way!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Need to cut the line to Stankey before the game. Even in 18 the officiating was criminal as we lost 0-25. They held and tackled our D all day long. They took away a TD we scored. They were allowed 3 players past line of scrimmage on rush.

Fact is the streak is there because of SEC office controlling game. Since 2007, we could have won 3-4 times against them easy without Hep.

vCash
    Yeah, it's the legs of the QB that we have to combat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    Nope not going to happen, no chance, water is wet, rinse and repeat. My 40+ years of watching Bama vs State I can count on one hand the times we didn?t just get screwed by the officials and some really unjustified calls against us. Not just my imagination either.

I forget which Bama coach it was that was heard yelling this ?gosh damit we?ve got Kenny Stabler?s cousin out there officiating the game and we can?t get a call to go our way!?
    Bama gets calls not just because they are Bama but because the SEC is protecting their best investment. If we win early and show that we are legit team with playoff possibilities we MAY get the calls that usually go against us.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    I'm assuming LSU is one of the least winnable games on our schedule. I don't care for him, but Brian Kelly is a good coach. As overrated as Notre Dame is every year, it might be even more overrated as far as being a good job where you can win. South Bend sucks and very few athletes of the type needed to compete nationally are concerned about whatever cachet Notre Dame has academically. Hell, BYU might be an easier job to win at. At least they get a lot of 20 year old freshmen to work with.

vCash
    Bama gets calls not just because they are Bama but because the SEC is protecting their best investment. If we win early and show that we are legit team with playoff possibilities we MAY get the calls that usually go against us.
    Even then I think Bama would have had to drop a couple before we play them and we would have to be sitting on 1 or less losses. Otherwise, if we are ranked it’s a win that would help them out so…