Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
From the article:

"Most of my life, I didn't have a gun," Green said. "Every Black person should own a gun. Yes, I have an AR-15, and I'm ready to use it. Come to my door, and you'll know I have it."

I would amend that to every person PERIOD should have a gun.

I generally don't advocate violence against people, law enforcement especially, but if those dudes in Rankin County are out of control, eventually people will get sick of it and take matters into their own hands.

Holding law enforcement to a higher standard is imperative to ensure safety for both sides. There are hundreds of thousands of residents and a LOT less deputies. They have to be considerate of their constituents while trying to enforce the law.

Having said that, it could be a bunch of BS but I can't imagine how you can justify shooting a dude in the face after he's been handcuffed (assuming that is accurate).
I 100% agree everyone should be armed. You 2nd guess how far you're willing to abuse someone of they can fight back.

But regarding any sort of armed public rebellion? NOT happening. Why? Because even though "Cops should obey the law" isn't an opinion anyone disagrees with, there's a large amount of R voters who believe any accountability for cops will result in BLM mobs burning their house down and their cown will have San Francisco level petty crime. To some extent I get that reaction from the right, because there are left wingers who speak of all cops as racists, and who unironically say we should defund the police. Do we need more accountability for cops? 100% yes. They -quite literally- get away with murder as their departments "accidentally deleted the body cam footage" or "did an internal investigation and found no wrongdoing". DAs are scared of going after dirty cops because police unions can sink their reelection, and the cops themselves can ruin the DAs conviction record. But we still need cops in civil society

But, in this current climate, there would be just as many "all cops are heros!" Civilians defending cops as there would be oppressed armed civilians seeking justice on the crooked cops. It's a shame this incredibly easy to agree upon issue (that we need cops, but they also need to follow the law) has been polarized to extremes.