Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Picked last in the SEC WEST by 247

vCash

Picked last in the SEC WEST by 247

Have a very vet team coming back. A 3 year starting and record setting qb. 3 year starting Rb... a OL that replaces 1 starter.

Etc.

Will we ever get picked appropriately?

vCash
    Of course we were.

vCash
    As old as I am, I should expect it. Lol.

vCash
    247 huh? It goes with them dropping our recruits ranking.

vCash
    And they?ll be wrong again just like every year

vCash
    When was the last time we were picked higher than 5th? How many times the last 15 years?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

vCash
    Getting picked last and not finishing last is perennial tradition now. Embrace it like cowbells and Hail State. 😏😏😏

vCash
    I think Arnett & staff will do well, but think about it.

Allegiances aside, we would not pick a middle of the pack SEC team not named Mississippi State to light the world on fire with a first time head coach, new coordinators, new scheme, and playing an SEC schedule.

All the tossups in conference (except the Egg Bowl) are on the road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post

Allegiances aside, we would not pick a middle of the pack SEC team not named Mississippi State to light the world on fire with a first time head coach, new coordinators, new scheme, and playing an SEC schedule.

Nevermind we return just about our whole damn team. This team is top 4 in the West. We didn't have offense last year and didn't finish last . It's sad we have fans that making excuses for the biased BS. How many times have we finished last since Mullen got here? Not a lot.

vCash
    Wife found a shirt. says something to the extent of... "You might not like, you might ignore us.... but you damn sure gonna hear us!" huge cowbell on the front.

vCash
    Boy, you know Arnette is lovin this.... he is going to remind them boys daily

vCash
    1st time HC, new OC, newish DC, new scheme…..I mean it is not hard to figure out why people are picking us last. We have to prove it. I am saving my judgement for anything until at least after USCe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post

KY is home

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    When was the last time we were picked higher than 5th? How many times the last 15 years?
    2018, we were picked 3rd behind Bama and Auburn. We finished 4th. That stupid season.

We were picked 4th in 2011, we finished 5th.

I think those are literally the only two times we?ve been picked to finish above 5th in the last 20 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    1st time HC, new OC, newish DC, new scheme…..I mean it is not hard to figure out why people are picking us last. We have to prove it. I am saving my judgement for anything until at least after USCe
    Did they pick LSU to finish last when O came on board or the current staff?

vCash
    Picked last is perfect for our blue collar head coach and program. Great locker room material. A good coach can use this as motivation. I?d rather be underestimated than picked higher than usual. I love it. Fires me up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Well remember now, Ed had been the interim for the last 7 games of the previous season and had also been the interim previously at USC.

The current LSU staff was brought on by Brian Kelly. He has been a HC for a few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Considering they never get it correct- does it matter?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Here's the deal, some of you guys need to step back from the keyboards and go to YouTube and watch the highlight videos of all of last year's wins (remember we won 9 of 13 ). Contary to internet message board ranting, our offense did some really good things. Probably the most disappointing part of our O-game last year was Rogers lack of physicality. A running QB can change the landscape of a game completely. But because Rogers was really the only viable QB we had on the roster, I'm sure CML drilled into Rogers a stay safe command. We need a strong backup (Wright?) to allow Rogers to mentally focus on being a complete QB. Is Will another Dak, hell no, but he needs to play for fun again and let the chips fall as they may. If the whole team is focused as much as CZA there is no reason a 10 win season is not doable.