During games there are always commercials about what schools are doing. I feel like lately ours has not had any substance to them. Reading Keenum's email, there is a lot of recent things to be proud of, along with all the other accolades and routine accomplishments not mentioned. Past commercials have been really generic. I really hope they put some substance in the ones for the upcoming season. I'll attach Keenums email below for those that didn't see it.

-Hail State

"From land to sky, from sea to space, and in countries around the world, Mississippi State University is taking care of what matters during an action-packed summer.

In the realm of things that matter, global food security ranks at the top. For years, we?ve been recognized as a leading research institution in this critical area. In June, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations designated MSU as a Reference Center for Antimicrobial Resistance and Aquaculture Biosecurity?one of only four institutions worldwide to achieve this distinction.

I?m thankful I was able to travel to Rome with a delegation of MSU leaders to participate in this momentous announcement. As a Reference Center, we?re supporting FAO?s mission to promote the responsible use of antimicrobials in aquaculture, which will advance global food and nutrition security.

We?re leaders in the marine world, too. MSU?s Global Center for Aquatic Health and Food Security recently received a $2 million grant to monitor the restoration of marine mammals and sea turtles in the Mississippi Sound. Continued research in this area is critical in reducing world hunger by supporting sustainable aquaculture and the ecological health of aquatic resources.

From national security to study abroad opportunities to scientific innovation, MSU students are leaders who continue to excel in highly competitive scholarship programs, including those awarded by the U.S. Department of State, the Fulbright U.K. Summer Institute and the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation."