Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My Biggest Concern for FB 2023

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    There was no INT at our 19. You're counting where the int return ended (19 yard line), not where the interception took place or where the play began. By that logic, if Im on the opponent's ten and throw a pick on their goal line and they return it 80 yards then I "threw an INT" in my own red zone.
    We scored 33 points in regulation.
    Offense didn't click all night, I agree, but it played plenty well enough to win against a horrible auburn offense with a backup qb. The defense sucked.

Holy shit dude. You went from “the turnover happened on special teams” to “the int was not caught in the red zone it only ended up there”. Take the loss and stop, for your own sake. Auburn started their possession in our red zone after we threw an interception. Period. Good lord what an argument. Scoring 33 points against a defense ranked 96th in the country and allowing the offense to take over in our own red zone twice is a recipe to go to overtime with a bad SEC team. Blaming the defense in that situation is absurd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Holy shit dude. You went from “the turnover happened on special teams” to “the int was not caught in the red zone it only ended up there”. Take the loss and stop, for your own sake. Auburn started their possession in our red zone after we threw an interception. Period. Good lord what an argument. Scoring 33 points against a defense ranked 96th in the country and allowing the offense to take over in our own red zone twice is a recipe to go to overtime with a bad SEC team. Blaming the defense in that situation is absurd.
    You literally were wrong. You said our offense turned it over twice in our red zone. That literally did not happen.
    Our offense fumbled inside our own red zone.
    Our special teams fumbled inside our red zone.
    We threw two picks on plays that began outside of our red zone, one of which was returned inside our our own red zone.
    Again, by your logic if we turn it over at the other team's 20 and somebody runs the pick/fumble back to our 19 that the turnover occurred inside our redzone. It didn't.

Again, I'm not saying our offense played great. But you score 33 points at home against a backup QB who can't throw, you should win. Our defense giving up 33 points to the 85th ranked offense, at home, isnt good. And Only 3 of their 33 points came off of offensive turnovers. They ran it down our throat despite being one dimensional.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    You literally were wrong. You said our offense turned it over twice in our red zone. That literally did not happen.
    Our offense fumbled inside our own red zone.
    Our special teams fumbled inside our red zone.
    We threw two picks on plays that began outside of our red zone, one of which was returned inside our our own red zone.
    Again, by your logic if we turn it over at the other team's 20 and somebody runs the pick/fumble back to our 19 that the turnover occurred inside our redzone. It didn't.

Again, I'm not saying our offense played great. But you score 33 points at home against a backup QB who can't throw, you should win. Our defense giving up 33 points to the 85th ranked offense, at home, isnt good. And Only 3 of their 33 points came off of offensive turnovers. They ran it down our throat despite being one dimensional.

This is the absolute dumbest argument I have ever heard in my life. If the offense has the ball and turn it over and the other team runs it back into our red zone, our defense has to start in our own red zone because of the mistake of our offense. That is the entire point. Our offense, against Auburn, was dog shit. Auburn scored 10 points where drives started in our red zone when they had 3 drives that started there. That’s pretty good defense.
    Last edited by Jarius; 07-07-2023 at 06:27 PM.

vCash
    We turned the ball over 3 times, twice in the red zone against Auburn last year. The offense didn't bail anyone out. Arkansas had the worst defense in the P5 last year. I would hope we could score on them. And are you really blaming our defense for the egg bowl? ****ing seriously? Will Rogers fumbled the ball on the 1 yard line for them even to get that last opportunity, and that?s after he continually shit the bed the entire night in one of the worst performances I have ever seen. Our defense was the only reason we were in the game in the Egg Bowl. And Kentucky? LoL. Our offense had was absolute trash against Kentucky. They had 10 offensive points and got 225 yards of offense. What a collective of horrible takes.
    First of all I didn't "blame" the defense for the Egg Bowl at all. I just stated that them allowing a 99 yard drive was a bad moment for them. And I don't really see how that is up for debate at all. Your problem is you are trying to make everything black and white where it's either one side of the ball's "fault" or they're credited with winning the game. And that's not how football works at all. The reality is the offense and defense both had good and bad moments this year. Our defense that you claim was soooo good finished right smack in the middle of the SEC in PPG allowed in SEC games only with 29 PPG. Our 2018 defense allowed 14 PPG for reference. Basically what you're saying is our offense was bad against Auburn because they turned the ball over 3 times and somehow our defense was good based on certain sections of the game that fit your narrative while completely ignoring the entire game and the entire product. You can't blame the offense for everything.

If we score 17 points on Alabama it will be more than Mike Leach's offense scored against them in his entire tenure here. We are never going to consistently score a bunch of points on blue bloods. We can do better than the offense we trotted on the field for the past 3 years though.
    That would also be more than we scored on them since 2017 if my memory is correct. And if the highlighted is correct then why are you blaming our offense for last year? What did Barbay score on A&M? 17 points? Guess how many we scored on LSU and Georgia? 16 and 19? Even Alabama we outgained them on offense. The big difference is the defense you think is so great allowed 30+ to those teams while App State allowed 14. So which is it? Either we can't score a bunch of points on bluebloods or we can do better on offense? That's exactly what I'm talking about when I say that MSU fans talk out of both sides of their mouth.

We'll see if you hold Barbay to the same standard when the highlighted part comes to fruition.

Typical MSU fan logic- if we can just get a coach to outscheme Alabama we'll win! Like Barbay is going to catch Saban with his pants down running wide zone and Tulu on sweeps. The only that is going to ever do that is going to get us better is better players- which it looks like we're finally getting at least. Can't wait for 2027!**

vCash
    We ran a punt back against Georgia didn’t we?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    yes

vCash
    Too many agenda in this (17)ing thread. WE know your points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    First of all I didn't "blame" the defense for the Egg Bowl at all. I just stated that them allowing a 99 yard drive was a bad moment for them. And I don't really see how that is up for debate at all. Your problem is you are trying to make everything black and white where it's either one side of the ball's "fault" or they're credited with winning the game. And that's not how football works at all. The reality is the offense and defense both had good and bad moments this year. Our defense that you claim was soooo good finished right smack in the middle of the SEC in PPG allowed in SEC games only with 29 PPG. Our 2018 defense allowed 14 PPG for reference. Basically what you're saying is our offense was bad against Auburn because they turned the ball over 3 times and somehow our defense was good based on certain sections of the game that fit your narrative while completely ignoring the entire game and the entire product. You can't blame the offense for everything.

That would also be more than we scored on them since 2017 if my memory is correct. And if the highlighted is correct then why are you blaming our offense for last year? What did Barbay score on A&M? 17 points? Guess how many we scored on LSU and Georgia? 16 and 19? Even Alabama we outgained them on offense. The big difference is the defense you think is so great allowed 30+ to those teams while App State allowed 14. So which is it? Either we can't score a bunch of points on bluebloods or we can do better on offense? That's exactly what I'm talking about when I say that MSU fans talk out of both sides of their mouth.

We'll see if you hold Barbay to the same standard when the highlighted part comes to fruition.

Typical MSU fan logic- if we can just get a coach to outscheme Alabama we'll win! Like Barbay is going to catch Saban with his pants down running wide zone and Tulu on sweeps. The only that is going to ever do that is going to get us better is better players- which it looks like we're finally getting at least. Can't wait for 2027!**
    I’m not talking out both sides of my mouth, you just have such a hard on for Mike Leach that you can’t look at things rationally. Anyone having a negative talking point about our defense in the egg bowl probably never played a down of football in their life. They came out and bowed up time after time after time of being put in awful situations in that game. Yea, they gave up a 99 yard drive at the end after our quarterback turned it over for the 19th time that game. You have ZERO ability to look at the nuances of why certain situations play out the way they do. When the defense has to play backed up in their red zone, it affects their numbers. It makes things harder for them. When the offense goes punt, punt, punt, int, fumble, punt, touchdown, touchdown or some other variance of that, the defense is going to struggle. I don’t know how else to explain it to someone who obviously never played football and has only watched, but that is not a recipe for defensive success. And the fact that someone has to point out for the second time that Barbay was playing with a bunch of 2 stars at App State and will now be playing with a roster of all 3/4 star semi highly rated guys is a bit ridiculous. I mean how do you not understand that? We are not going to go outscheme Alabama or LSU or Georgia 9 times out of ten, but we should be more competitive than we have been a lot of times. We scored 12 points on Georgia and 6 on Alabama offensively last year. We have kind of shook off the LSU curse and competed. We need to do the same with alabama.
    Last edited by Jarius; 07-08-2023 at 01:34 PM.

vCash
    Look at any one of our bad offensive performances and you will see little to no rushing attempts, 3-5 drops (more should be counted) and a defense that played man free and made our outside WRs quit.

When a new coach comes in and takes 2 big outside WRs from the portal (and leach tells you after multiple games and even throws their chairs away) it shows you all
    You really need to know

vCash
    I’m not talking out both sides of my mouth, you just have such a hard on for Mike Leach that you can’t look at things rationally. Anyone having a negative talking point about our defense in the egg bowl probably never played a down of football in their life. They came out and bowed up time after time after time of being put in awful situations in that game. Yea, they gave up a 99 yard drive at the end after our quarterback turned it over for the 19th time that game. You have ZERO ability to look at the nuances of why certain situations play out the way they do. When the defense has to play backed up in their red zone, it affects their numbers. It makes things harder for them. When the offense goes punt, punt, punt, int, fumble, punt, touchdown, touchdown or some other variance of that, the defense is going to struggle. I don’t know how else to explain it to someone who obviously never played football and has only watched, but that is not a recipe for defensive success. And the fact that someone has to point out for the second time that Barbay was playing with a bunch of 2 stars at App State and will now be playing with a roster of all 3/4 star semi highly rated guys is a bit ridiculous. I mean how do you not understand that? We are not going to go outscheme Alabama or LSU or Georgia 9 times out of ten, but we should be more competitive than we have been a lot of times. We scored 12 points on Georgia and 6 on Alabama offensively last year. We have kind of shook off the LSU curse and competed. We need to do the same with alabama.
    And you have such a hard on for Zach Arnett that you can't see things rationally. I'm actually the one in this discussion that is saying that both sides had bad moments last year. You're blaming the offense for any time the defense didn't hold up and that's absolutely ludicrous. But yeah- I'm the irrational one.** You don't have to play a down of football to know that a defense allowing a 99 yard drive is not good. I don't even think Zach Arnett would agree with you to be honest. The "nuances" go both ways. When the defense is allowing the same guy for Kentucky to get huge chunks after every play and allows them to run down the clock it makes it harder on the offense to get into a rhythm and puts more pressure on them. Our defense allowed four straight TD's basically after our offense gave us the lead with 8 minutes left in the third quarter. But yeah- it's totally the offense's fault. If your nuances theory held up then how do you explain low scoring games? In your theory at least one team should cave because they were "tired". I could just as easily tell you that Dillion Johnson getting hurt royally messed up the offense which has a lot of validity to it. We had no problem handing him the ball in the Kentucky game until he hurt his knee.

The vast majority of App State recruits are three stars by the way.

https://247sports.com/college/appala...tball/Commits/

Texas A&M sucks. We kicked A&M's ass. The difference between A&M at this point until someone comes in and fixes A&M and App State is about the same as it is between MSU and LSU. A&M was a 5-7 team last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Look at any one of our bad offensive performances and you will see little to no rushing attempts, 3-5 drops (more should be counted) and a defense that played man free and made our outside WRs quit.

When a new coach comes in and takes 2 big outside WRs from the portal (and leach tells you after multiple games and even throws their chairs away) it shows you all
    You really need to know
    Yeah but the narrative sounds a lot better than the actual truth.**

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And you have such a hard on for Zach Arnett that you can't see things rationally. I'm actually the one in this discussion that is saying that both sides had bad moments last year. You're blaming the offense for any time the defense didn't hold up and that's absolutely ludicrous. But yeah- I'm the irrational one.** You don't have to play a down of football to know that a defense allowing a 99 yard drive is not good. I don't even think Zach Arnett would agree with you to be honest. The "nuances" go both ways. When the defense is allowing the same guy for Kentucky to get huge chunks after every play and allows them to run down the clock it makes it harder on the offense to get into a rhythm and puts more pressure on them. Our defense allowed four straight TD's basically after our offense gave us the lead with 8 minutes left in the third quarter. But yeah- it's totally the offense's fault. If your nuances theory held up then how do you explain low scoring games? In your theory at least one team should cave because they were "tired". I could just as easily tell you that Dillion Johnson getting hurt royally messed up the offense which has a lot of validity to it. We had no problem handing him the ball in the Kentucky game until he hurt his knee.

The vast majority of App State recruits are three stars by the way.

https://247sports.com/college/appala...tball/Commits/

Texas A&M sucks. We kicked A&M's ass. The difference between A&M at this point until someone comes in and fixes A&M and App State is about the same as it is between MSU and LSU. A&M was a 5-7 team last year.

I don’t have a hard on for anyone. I just have enough common sense to look at what both sides of the ball did against any team with a pulse last year and know which one cost us the game and which one didn’t. No one said that the 99 yard drive the defense gave up was great. If you cook, clean, bathe the kids, and pay the bills but accidentally forget to fill the car up with gas while your spouse sat there and played on Facebook all day you don’t get the blame for the gas not being full. I’ll let you figure out which spouse was playing on Facebook all during the egg bowl. The one sitting on their ass all game day does. The offense didn’t pull their load in almost any single SEC game in 2022. Acting like App State should be in the football game with Texas A&M last year (or any other year) is the dumbass take of the century. I can’t even argue with that nonsense. The offense scored 10 ****ing points against Kentucky and the defense had a pick 6. What on earth are you bitching about in that game? We had 225 yards of offense.

vCash
    The offense scored 10 ****ing points against Kentucky and the defense had a pick 6. What on earth are you bitching about in that game? We had 225 yards of offense.
    Which is hilarious considering the narrative around here before we played Kentucky was that we should always be the favorite when playing Kentucky.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Which is hilarious considering the narrative around here before we played Kentucky was that we should always be the favorite when playing Kentucky.
    Don't tell Turfdawg that.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.