Thread: Jeffries and Davis returning for MBB

Banned
    vCash

Jeffries and Davis returning for MBB

One of the consistently underrated things in basketball is consistency. This team will have plenty of it heading into next year. If we can not be the worst at 3s made, we'll make serious noise.

We got the year 1 appearance. This years goal should be top 4 SEC finish / make it to sweet 16.

vCash
    Glad to see they are returning. Experience goes a long way, I think Jans will have a much better idea about his squad going into the upcoming year. I expect a really good year ahead.

vCash
    Great accurate post, Tater! Glad they're back!

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    One of the consistently underrated things in basketball is consistency. This team will have plenty of it heading into next year. If we can not be the worst at 3s made, we'll make serious noise.

We got the year 1 appearance. This years goal should be top 4 SEC finish / make it to sweet 16.
    Can we please stop with the Sweet 16 being the standard of a successful season. If that's the case MSU has had exactly 2 good basketball seasons in 115 years.

I am excited about basketball, but I don't know where this constant Sweet 16 talk comes from. It's really hard to get there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Can we please stop with the Sweet 16 being the standard of a successful season. If that's the case MSU has had exactly 2 good basketball seasons in 115 years.

I am excited about basketball, but I don't know where this constant Sweet 16 talk comes from. It's really hard to get there.
    Because it was the measuring stick to get rid of Stansbury. So it has to be used to establish a reasonable level of accomplishment for any past, current or future Head Coach.

We used to measure Football by Allyn McKeen. Then Jackie Sherrill. Then Dan Mullen.

We used to measure Baseball by C.R. Dudy Noble and then Ron Polk and then John Cohen.

We used to measure basketball by Joe Dan Gold, Babe McCarthy and Richard Williams( by the way only 3 truly successful years)

We measure our futility by multiple coaches in all sports!

vCash
    Stans never made it to the NCAA Tournament his last 10 seasons as a head coach at MSU and WKU combined.

vCash

Yes but how many years was it because the governor wouldn't let us

vCash
    Great news. I think Davis will be improved next season as a scorer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Yes but how many years was it because the governor wouldn't let us
    We'd probably have multiple championships had the MS govt not been knuckle dragging morons. Instead, KY racked up.

vCash
    I want to believe because I'm a State fan. I'm ROOTING for these two to make step change improvement. But they gotta show me something before I buy the ring and get down on one knee.
    Last edited by EdwardDrayton; 06-05-2023 at 05:42 PM.

Banned
    vCash

I said the goal should be that. You always set a loftier goal than the one you just achieved. Progress and all that.

A good season to me is making the tournament. As long as you're in the dance, anything can happen. But this team did that last year so they should have higher sights.

vCash
    Goal should be ncaa tourney as 5-seed or better.