Thread: Lewisburg/Louisburg State titlle

vCash

Lewisburg/Louisburg State titlle

Where is this school? I see they beat Gulfport for the Baseball Title. Is this a new school??

vCash
    They've been around since 2006.

Desoto county school

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    They've been around since 2006.

Desoto county school
    Thanks

vCash
    6 or 7 of their position players have committed to High d-1 schools.
    #LoadedTeam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    6 or 7 of their position players have committed to High d-1 schools.
    #LoadedTeam
    They dont want no part of Magnolia Heights tho.

vCash
    Current players: Gage Hailey is a SR pitcher and signed with State. His brother Talon is a So and championship series mvp, committed to Vandy.

Lewisburgs 2024 class has 7 commitments to sec schools. I think we have one of them.

A few years ago, Lewisburg had 3 players that were signed with sec schools. Tygart (Ark), Bane (MSU) and Sanders (OM). Tygart is only one still in sec.

Bane is headed to USM. Just fyi.

I'm sure they've had many more college signees but that's all off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 06-04-2023 at 09:44 PM.

vCash
    One of the many newer schools in the ever growing Desoto Co. school system. There are several more on the drawing board. Southeast Desoto will be the next built. Every school in the county will eventually be in the highest level of sports participation. Hernando is on their 2nd addition due to so many new students. One reason Olive Branch is not really a football power any more is due to the redistricting where they've lost area and #of students. Seems like the county redraws the school districts every two years or so. Amazing growth. If Lemon, Zach, and Jans are not recruiting this county nonstop, then they're idiots.
    Last edited by SpaceBully; 06-04-2023 at 09:43 PM.

vCash
    Yeah. I don't know that they redraw district lines but it is redundant they built Lewisburg and center hill so close to OB. Then DC has a huge district boundary that takes many kids from OB.

Then they built Lake Commorant near walls. Horn lakes school is very old. They could easily combine LC and HL and make a super 7a school.

DC and Southaven have 2,000 kids (to be legit 7as). OB could be a big 7a if not for CHS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Yeah. I don't know that they redraw district lines but it is redundant they built Lewisburg and center hill so close to OB. Then DC has a huge district boundary that takes many kids from OB.

Then they built Lake Commorant near walls. Horn lakes school is very old. They could easily combine LC and HL and make a super 7a school.

DC and Southaven have 2,000 kids (to be legit 7as). OB could be a big 7a if not for CHS.
    We need to recruit the Dominican Republic. I spent time there and watched plenty of baseball. These guys eat sleep and drink baseball. i saw plenty of SEC talent there. They would die at a chance to play at the DUDE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    We need to recruit the Dominican Republic. I spent time there and watched plenty of baseball. These guys eat sleep and drink baseball. i saw plenty of SEC talent there. They would die at a chance to play at the DUDE.
    They do not give a rats ass about playing at Dudy Noble. They want to get paid, and being that international players are ineligible for NIL deals, that is not possible. You are not wrong that there is plenty of SEC talent down there but MLB teams sign them by the time they are 14-15 and put them in baseball academies down there. It is impossible to get any of them to campus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBully View Post
    One of the many newer schools in the ever growing Desoto Co. school system. There are several more on the drawing board. Southeast Desoto will be the next built. Every school in the county will eventually be in the highest level of sports participation. Hernando is on their 2nd addition due to so many new students. One reason Olive Branch is not really a football power any more is due to the redistricting where they've lost area and #of students. Seems like the county redraws the school districts every two years or so. Amazing growth. If Lemon, Zach, and Jans are not recruiting this county nonstop, then they're idiots.
    Where is Southeast DeSoto going? I haven't kept up with school expansion since my kids graduated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    Where is Southeast DeSoto going? I haven't kept up with school expansion since my kids graduated.
    They built Lewisburg a new middle school, on 305 near Ingram's Mill rd (in the S curve just north of cockrum). RUMOR is the new SE Desoto will be there. However I hear that is a ways out still.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    They do not give a rats ass about playing at Dudy Noble. They want to get paid, and being that international players are ineligible for NIL deals, that is not possible. You are not wrong that there is plenty of SEC talent down there but MLB teams sign them by the time they are 14-15 and put them in baseball academies down there. It is impossible to get any of them to campus.
    This is true - I have a friend from the DR that played professionally that?s given me a glimpse of his upbringing

Baseball was his chance to get off the island

His typical weekday
    Dad would drop him off at school early in the morning.
    School ended at 1230 and he?d get dropped off at field to work on skills until late afternoon
    From there go do conditioning
    After eating he?d do a little homework then go out back at night and hit corn kernels his dad soft tossed to him
    On Saturdays, he?d catch the bus with all his gear at 630 in morning and bus an hr to his coach?s house (which was dirt floor) then go to cage and field - usually finished somewhere around 7pm then it was bus back home - and that night was his one free night to hang out with friends

To say he despises laziness is an understatement

All that to say, there is one goal in mind- get paid and help your family out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post

Both my kids went to OB in 2004/2006. They both would have been to Desoto Central.....then Lewisburg if they were just recently approaching high school age. District lines changed twice for our address since the early/mid 2000's.

vCash
    Fun fact: There was a tight end that played at Kentucky that seemed to catch everything thrown his way in a game against MSU late 90s early 2000s. His name was Jimmy Hailey, their dad.