Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: ** Diamond Dawgs Opening Day Thread **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScooterDog View Post
    I am not a baseball guru. But, can someone tell me how the winning pitcher was decided in this game?
    If the starting pitcher doesn't go 5 the official scorer makes the determination on who the winning pitcher is(based on who he decides pitched the best out of the relief pitchers)provided you keep the lead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    If the starting pitcher doesn't go 5 the official scorer makes the determination on who the winning pitcher is(based on who he decides pitched the best out of the relief pitchers)provided you keep the lead.
    Never understood the rule that eliminates the starting pitcher from getting a decision if he doesn't go a full 5 but a reliever can come in for one inning and get the win even if the score was 15-0 when he enters. As Madea would say, that's crazy as hell.

vCash
    BASEBALL IS BACK!!! It's a privilege to get to compete against the best in the country week in week out. Baseball is the SECs most dominant sport and it's beautiful to watch the competition.

Couldn't watch today, will catch the next 2. Excited to see the young guys, sounds like they did great (Alford errors aside). What kind of stuff did the relievers have? Stat box don't tell me what Yntema, Dohm, Hardin, or New Forsythe were slinging velo or movement wise.
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 02-17-2023 at 08:57 PM.

vCash
    Thought the pitching was pretty good today. Gotta clean up the D. Hitting was good, the wind and cold air robbed us of a few bombs early.
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    BASEBALL IS BACK!!! It's a privilege to get to compete against the best in the country week in week out. Baseball is the SECs most dominant sport and it's beautiful to watch the competition.

Couldn't watch today, will catch the next 2. Excited to see the young guys, sounds like they did great (Alford errors aside). What kind of stuff did the relievers have? Stat box don't tell me what Yntema, Dohm, Hardin, or New Forsythe were slinging velo or movement wise.
    Dohm 96-97 w run. Hardin 93. Forsythe 92/93. None get hit. Yntema was fine. Bunt hits and duck farts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Dohm 96-97 w run. Hardin 93. Forsythe 92/93. None get hit. Yntema was fine. Bunt hits and duck farts.
    I was impressed with Hardin and Forsythe. Their fbs seemed to have good life and movement. Dohm was as advertised, very good! Yntema didn't give up anything hard hit.

vCash
    Forsythe is way better than the guy I saw two years ago. Looked to me like his Fb carries wel and has some movement to it.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 02-17-2023 at 09:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Forsythe is way better than the guy I saw two years ago.
    I honestly wasn't expecting to much out of him but his fb had good life and run.