Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Here is a Barbay interview that will get slightly less hate.

vCash
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Except there is....but you guys don't want to accept it because it hurts your arguments....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Well, Parsons is not what he has done his whole career. Maybe he wouldn't have done anything with Parson's athletic ability, but he wasn't a typical recruit. Even if we didn't change anything, we were still upgrading talent on offense I think. Our Oline was pretty solid despite not having many highly rated recruits. We were getting guys Leach identified in and I think that would have helped in another year or two. While we seemed to still be missing out on the game changer WR, we were still upgrading our average talent at WR, which in the air raid is just about as important as getting the one big time stud. As much as I love Tulu, he was undersized on the outside. I think Robinson would have been an upgrade in a year. As important as Austin Williams was, if we are recruiting where we should, he probably doesn't get on the field.
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This season vs those 3 teams, we were 0-3 with a combined score of 106-41.
    Reality, not opinion.

vCash
    ?15-16, we were out scored by Bama 82-9. In two games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    1-1 against Georgia and beat LSU 2x and 0-century Bama.
    Mullen lost to UGA at least twice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Mullen lost to UGA at least twice
    correct. he was 1-2 vs UGA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    ?15-16, we were out scored by Bama 82-9. In two games.
    Well, CML lost to them 9-90 the first two years. Add the third year and it was 15-120

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    But that's like judging a half baked cake in a contest against fully baked ones... What we saw wasn't where we were going with this offense judging by the archetype of QB we'd been recruiting as of late.
    How can you say that? Leach had 3 full seasons with a 2 and a half year starter that set school passing records. You can?t say that it is not comparable to full seasons of other coaches.

Will is what he is but just because the Texas boys had more crootin stars didn?t mean that they were going to have much bigger careers. There was potential for that to happen but you can?t minimize Leach?s record and say that it is not even with other coaching tenures based solely and what you THINK the offense could have looked like with Sawyer or anybody else running the show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    How can you say that? Leach had 3 full seasons with a 2 and a half year starter that set school passing records. You can?t say that it is not comparable to full seasons of other coaches.

Will is what he is but just because the Texas boys had more crootin stars didn?t mean that they were going to have much bigger careers. There was potential for that to happen but you can?t minimize Leach?s record and say that it is not even with other coaching tenures based solely and what you THINK the offense could have looked like with Sawyer or anybody else running the show.
    3 seasons is not the same as 5 or 7 seasons. If you're not at a blue blood, in year 3, you're still presumably playing a lot of guys from the former coach and/or relying on a lot of transfers to plug holes, or you're playing people that aren't quite ready yet. Granted it's partly because of his recruiting failures, but Mullen was still dealing with serious OL issues in his third year because Croom just didn't sign enough bodies for two years. Hell, Mullen was sort of dealing with transition issues even in 2013 because of inheriting a QB that didn't fit his style but was good enough that he was hard to recruit over.

Leach certainly wasn't guaranteed to get better, but at least on offense, we presumably would have upgraded our talent at WR and OL and probably would have at least upgraded physical talent at QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post

I'm not comparing him to another coach. I'm comparing the offense with Will to the one we were likely to see with the new QB's he was recruiting. It has nothing to do with stars either, it has to do with the fact that the new guys were more physical and have the ability to make plays with their feet while still being accurate from the pocket. That was what was in store..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    I'm not comparing him to another coach. I'm comparing the offense with Will to the one we were likely to see with the new QB's he was recruiting. It has nothing to do with stars either, it has to do with the fact that the new guys were more physical and have the ability to make plays with their feet while still being accurate from the pocket. That was what was in store..
    Yes. And to me that is a big part of the tragedy when Leach passed away.

Comparing it to Dan- Dan's offense the first few years was not as good as it was until Dak took over in year six of his tenure. And then when Fitzgerald became QB the PPG went down from when Dak was QB- because Dak is the greatest QB in MSU history so I'm not being critical here. But the numbers when Fitz was our QB were better than it was when Relf/Russell were the QB's.

I think a similar thing would have happened with Leach had he survived.