Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kermit will absolutely be fired

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We have got to steal Hubbard
    Will Wade to Grenada, without the lake? Does he have a show cause or similar sanction?

vCash
    Are we missing the obvious joy here?!!?? That school is tanking in one of the three major sports and will be looking for a new bad hire to fail them. And they are in the running to finish DEAD LAST!! Ain't it GRAND!!
    Last edited by EdwardDrayton; 02-12-2023 at 02:26 PM.

vCash
    There are rumors Will Wade wants that job. I’m sure that would really rile up the LSU fanbase considering they went from being solid with Wade to last in the SEC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    There are rumors Will Wade wants that job. I’m sure that would really rile up the LSU fanbase considering they went from being solid with Wade to last in the SEC
    Oh I hope he gets it and goes on to break his personal record for Level I violations.

vCash
    There are rumors Will Wade wants that job. I?m sure that would really rile up the LSU fanbase considering they went from being solid with Wade to last in the SEC
    Wade has a standing deal with Wichita St to take their job if he is cleared.

vCash
    Surprised Jay Wright or Coach K doesn’t want the job .. I mean it is Ole Miss and Oxford

vCash
    Personally I hoped Kermit won enough to stay there. He?s not a guy that scares me at all so I won?t find joy in his firing as there is probably a 75% or greater chance they do better.

vCash
    It is pretty baffling how he went from SEC Coach of the Year his first season to where he is now. He inherited a ton of talent that first year with T. Davis and Tyree.

The thing is, Kermit can recruit. Murrell was a top 50 recruit. Ruffin is a top 50 recruit. Amaree Abram was a pretty big recruit. He just can?t develop or coach, I suppose.

vCash
    I wouldn’t mind Kermit knocking off Florida tomorrow night. Then we beat UK and Ole Miss and UK loses to Tennessee. I think that would really knock UK and UF far down and we should make the tournament if we just protect our home court after that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    It is pretty baffling how he went from SEC Coach of the Year his first season to where he is now. He inherited a ton of talent that first year with T. Davis and Tyree.

The thing is, Kermit can recruit. Murrell was a top 50 recruit. Ruffin is a top 50 recruit. Amaree Abram was a pretty big recruit. He just can?t develop or coach, I suppose.
    Well and he's lost the locker room there. I still firmly believe they all expected him to get fired last year and once he wasn't he never won the team back. I don't necessarily believe Kermit is a bad coach. He obviously can recruit and I think he's an average floor coach, but his best Middle teams relied on 4th or 5th year players and in the SEC your best players are just not staying that long. Another thing that hurts him is the transfers he's brought in haven't done anything and the guys that left the program have produced and been effective at their second school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Well and he's lost the locker room there. I still firmly believe they all expected him to get fired last year and once he wasn't he never won the team back. I don't necessarily believe Kermit is a bad coach. He obviously can recruit and I think he's an average floor coach, but his best Middle teams relied on 4th or 5th year players and in the SEC your best players are just not staying that long. Another thing that hurts him is the transfers he's brought in haven't done anything and the guys that left the program have produced and been effective at their second school.
    Speaking of, should we be reaching out to Austin Crowley?

vCash
    If he has any eligibility left it would probably be worth kicking the tires on.

vCash
    Austin is at Southern Miss now.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Austin is at Southern Miss now.
    Yep, and he's a junior having a great season. Not sure if he's on pace to graduate this year or not. He's from West Point, so maybe there would be interest
    Last edited by msstate7; 02-15-2023 at 11:05 AM.

vCash
    Yep, and he's a junior having a great season. Not sure if he's on pace to graduate this year or not. He's from West Point, so maybe there would be interest
    Yeah. Austin's mom worked with me some in the clinic when I was in West Point.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Do they try to hire Andy Kennedy back?

vCash
    No

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Do they try to hire Andy Kennedy back?
    Their problem is that the guy they want....Beard....can't be hired. He's still facing felony charges and those are not going to be resolved until probably sometime this summer at the earliest. The next guy on their list is Will Wade. His stuff with the NCAA is not going to be resolved one way or the other until probably April. I think the hire is going to be Dusty May at FAU or Pat Kelsey at CofC. May doesn't scare me at all. Kelsey scares me a bit because he's 10x the floor coach of Kermit, and he's probably around the same type of recruiter. However, I think Carter is going to roll the dice and attempt to hire Will Wade, even though I've heard he has a standing deal with Wichita St if the NCAA stuff gets resolved without a show cause.

vCash
    Their problem is that the guy they want....Beard....can't be hired. He's still facing felony charges and those are not going to be resolved until probably sometime this summer at the earliest. The next guy on their list is Will Wade. His stuff with the NCAA is not going to be resolved one way or the other until probably April. I think the hire is going to be Dusty May at FAU or Pat Kelsey at CofC. May doesn't scare me at all. Kelsey scares me a bit because he's 10x the floor coach of Kermit, and he's probably around the same type of recruiter. However, I think Carter is going to roll the dice and attempt to hire Will Wade, even though I've heard he has a standing deal with Wichita St if the NCAA stuff gets resolved without a show cause.
    Well never mind. It just got dropped. I would expect Ole Miss to put the full court press on Beard. And if they get him, we need to be worried.

vCash
    Well never mind. It just got dropped. I would expect Ole Miss to put the full court press on Beard. And if they get him, we need to be worried.
    So he did something that was bad enough to get fired as a top 10 coach at texas but it's not bad enough to keep OM from hiring him?