Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    The thing that concerns me the most with Leach is ... he's not a speech maker type motivator. He just is a "do you job" coach and says that over and over for most part. Saban, Kiffin, Kelly, etc., they'll make motivational type speeches and Leach doesn't do that too much. And sometimes that does need to be done, especially when a team is just going thru the motions in a given week. Sometimes you gotta find something other than "do your job" to get a team's attention.

Other than that, I think he'll develop good players over time, we'll be in shape, and we'll be physical. We just gotta do it every game and for a full 60 minutes in every game.
    Having time to develop players in today's NIL/Portal world is disappearing fast. If a program like us does develop them they can/will become poaching targets by bigger programs. The Wild, Wild, West is here. You're absolutely going to need a program to know your players year to year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Will is a good QB but he is holding us back. I believe he's reached his ceiling as a QB. Parson is the supposed heir apparent and he'll be here in December for spring '23. Leach and the offensive coaches need to have him ready to take over after next season. I like Leach but I'm not seeing where we are going to take this huge step under him. We will be a perennial 7-5/8-4 team under him.
    Parson probably wont' be the starter til the 25 season at the earliest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post

Maybe since I didn't grow up in MS and don't live there now I don't get it, but I sure as hell see it.
    In that case, no, you don't get it.

vCash
    Will is a good QB but he is holding us back. I believe he's reached his ceiling as a QB. Parson is the supposed heir apparent and he'll be here in December for spring '23. Leach and the offensive coaches need to have him ready to take over after next season. I like Leach but I'm not seeing where we are going to take this huge step under him. We will be a perennial 7-5/8-4 team under him.
    And that would take place under who? I am close to 80 years old. For those 80 years we have been searching for someone. We have had some worse coaches otherwise the others have been about what we presently have.

Who would you hire in order for MSU to take a huge step? And in three years, after starting over, who? Then who?

Maybe we should try what we have for another 3 or 4 years and then decide. Course I'll be looking at close to 90 then. Oh well!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Parson probably wont' be the starter til the 25 season at the earliest.
    Great. That means the entire 2024 season we're all on here bitching about why isn't Parson starting over QB X.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Lol, there is for sure nothing rational about your view of Ole Miss that's for sure. Your blind hate for them is just flat out weird. They are going to score some points on us and we just have to hope that Rogers plays his best game as a bulldog for us to win in their building.
    Do you think we would have won last year if we had just caught a few more balls, balls that were there to catch?

vCash
    Great. That means the entire 2024 season we're all on here bitching about why isn't Parson starting over QB X.
    QB X is Will Rogers. He isnt going anywhere.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Our Jekyl and Hyde offense, its disappearing for sometimes a quarter or more has many fans pulling their hair out, Coach Leach also, I'm sure. The frustration is not that we lost to LSU/KY, it is how bad we looked in the second half of both games. Leach is right about bama, as we have been intimidated by them for too many years. I no longer define our success compared to OM, but 3 losses in a row is far too much, especially if we lose badly. Finish as you have noted at 8-4 with a good non-Memphis or Birmingham Bowl and it is a very successful year. 7-5 with a lower bowl is a disappointing dud. Hail State!
    I would've just agreed with this if I had seen it before my Jekyll & Hyde post LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Well we did not think Cohen was going anywhere either so don’t steal my shred of hope Coach.

vCash
    I agree with you therefore let me ask; Will Coach Leach play the best player who gives the better chance for a win?

I say he will. Assuming all stay he will have Robertson, Greek, Locke, Parsons and Rogers to choose from. I believe he will pick the best at the moment to start game 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    And that would take place under who? I am close to 80 years old. For those 80 years we have been searching for someone. We have had some worse coaches otherwise the others have been about what we presently have.

Who would you hire in order for MSU to take a huge step? And in three years, after starting over, who? Then who?

Maybe we should try what we have for another 3 or 4 years and then decide. Course I'll be looking at close to 90 then. Oh well!
    Well Pops it's year three and we damn near shit the bed with a depleted Auburn team in Davis Wade.

I'm still seeing some of the same crap we saw in 2020. Nothing has changed much at all.

And, yes, one of the reasons Leach was hired was for the Big Step to become more of a perennial 9-3/10-2 team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    I agree with you therefore let me ask; Will Coach Leach play the best player who gives the better chance for a win?

I say he will. Assuming all stay he will have Robertson, Greek, Locke, Parsons and Rogers to choose from. I believe he will pick the best at the moment to start game 1.
    He will not replace a 4 year starter at QB that will be rewriting the NCAA passing records
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    So, we are going to be bitching in '24 about why isn't Parson starting.

vCash
    Well Pops it's year three and we damn near shit the bed with a depleted Auburn team in Davis Wade.

I'm still seeing some of the same crap we saw in 2020. Nothing has changed much at all.

And, yes, one of the reasons Leach was hired was for the Big Step to become more of a perennial 9-3/10-2 team.

Auburn has football talent on their team and the players who were on the field wanted to win that game for Cadillac and he had them motivated especially in the second half. So playing Auburn with Cadillac coaching them and not Harsin was a different team. That's not to say that we played a good game. Once we got that big lead, some of our offensive players looked at it like we had won the game and went on cruise control it appeared instead of putting the pedal to the metal.

vCash
    So, we are going to be bitching in '24 about why isn't Parson starting.
    We gonna be bitching about something ... I can guarantee you that ****

vCash
    He will not replace a 4 year starter at QB that will be rewriting the NCAA passing records
    So if Leach is more interested in passing records than in wins, then the discussion is moot. He has to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    So if Leach is more interested in passing records than in wins, then the discussion is moot. He has to go.
    CML is going to play the QB that he trusts, knows his offense, and knows how to run it, and right now that is Will. I don't think CML gives a crap about passing records.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    We gonna be bitching about something ... I can guarantee you that ****
    You got that right.

vCash

My argument is I think you are seeing it. Arky game was stolen last year and so was Memphis there’s your 9-3 in year two. Dont even count the dropped passes for tds against pissville U. Last year very easily was a 9-10 win season.

If we dont have a head case for a QB this year we would be 8-1 at this point. A lot of losses are to do either youth or maturity. Those things take time to be iron out and for someone to jump up and take over. Everyone is saying let’s get mad at leach for not having another QB ready, but everyone is forgetting that Leach has NEVER played a QB before their 3rd year outside of will. So what we are seeing currently is something outside of Leach’s norm.

vCash
    If Leach is going to run this offense, then Will is our guy.

If he refuses to put an RPO element to his offense, there is no reason to remove Will. He does great a job in the offense he is given.