Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: That Morale Victory Post Everyone Hates

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    The team is Pu55y soft and will is again 3rd rate. We/him are 6-7 win quality and nothing better.
    Not sure how the whole team was soft. WRs sure. But everyone else played hard. Woody ran with a broke nose. Will got a 4th down run conversion. The defense held bama to 29 rushing yards. The team fought. Alabama's offense ran on holding for 8+ seconds and having the QB backyard it. Nothing you can do when you don't have DLine that can take advantage of solid coverage and at least make it blatant that you're being held.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Not sure how the whole team was soft. WRs sure. But everyone else played hard. Woody ran with a broke nose. Will got a 4th down run conversion. The defense held bama to 29 rushing yards. The team fought. Alabama's offense ran on holding for 8+ seconds and having the QB backyard it. Nothing you can do when you don't have DLine that can take advantage of solid coverage and at least make it blatant that you're being held.
    If no one but the WRs are soft, then 36-45% of our offense is soft

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Correct. Don't talk bad about tulu. That's only for Austin. I've been reading for months how we were misusing tulu and walley...both had drops and tulu played soft.
    Maybe armchair coaches shouldn't set the depth chart. The backup is both the most popular guy in town and also lilly the backup for a reason.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This saying the refs are why we lost is quite embarrassing
    The refs were bad. But they were not the sole reason we lost. The refs being like they were against UTK do make this a completely different ballgame though. But the drops were the bigger thing.

Banned
    vCash
    If no one but the WRs are soft, then 36-45% of our offense is soft
    And by math that's less than 25% of our team. Great point you have there.

vCash
    Yea, I know ... you want it all to be legit. I get it.

We wouldn't have won anyway, but I don't believe Bama would've walked away with it either.

Whining over and over like a spoiled kid for anyone not named Mullen in football should be quite embarrassing too. But yea ... I get that too. You ain't embarrased. Mullen's offense was very average 6 of the 9 years he was here, especially in SEC road games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Yea, I know ... you want it all to be legit. I get it.

We wouldn't have won anyway, but I don't believe Bama would've walked away with it either.

Whining over and over like a spoiled kid for anyone not named Mullen in football should be quite embarrassing too. But yea ... I get that too. You ain't embarrased. Mullen's offense was very average 6 of the 9 years he was here, especially in SEC road games.
    Who brings up mullen more, me or you? Think about that when you crying about refs this morning

vCash
    And by math that's less than 25% of our team. Great point you have there.
    So how many of the 11 on offense at one time play wr? 25%?

vCash
    The refs were bad. But they were not the sole reason we lost. The refs being like they were against UTK do make this a completely different ballgame though. But the drops were the bigger thing.
    Every time we lose, it's drops, drops, drops being blamed. Guess what? When you throw it 60 times there are gonna be drops. That's why no one else throws it 60 times

Banned
    vCash
    So how many of the 11 on offense at one time play wr? 25%?
    The offense is 100% of the team? Ok lincoln.

Banned
    vCash
    Every time we lose, it's drops, drops, drops being blamed. Guess what? When you throw it 60 times there are gonna be drops. That's why no one else throws it 60 times
    This is one of those times you probably need to step away from the keyboard. You're clearly in a bad bad mood. You're not thinking straight and posting with emotion. Go for a walk and skip on sports for a couple days. It does wonders for your psyche. Trust me.

vCash
    This is one of those times you probably need to step away from the keyboard. You're clearly in a bad bad mood. You're not thinking straight and posting with emotion. Go for a walk and skip on sports for a couple days. It does wonders for your psyche. Trust me.
    Nothing makes me more mad than a moral victory (loss of 24 in reality) esp when it follows a complete turd loss like last week. We have 2 offensive TDs in the last 2 games (one on the last play of a 30-0 game), and we don't have 600 total yards combined in the 2 games. What part do I not have straight?

ETA... if we had taken care of business last week, us high fiving a 24-pt loss wouldn't be so bad.
    Last edited by msstate7; 10-23-2022 at 09:25 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    Nothing makes me more mad than a moral victory (loss of 24 in reality) esp when it follows a complete turd loss like last week. We have 2 offensive TDs in the last 2 games (one on the last play of a 30-0 game), and we don't have 600 total yards combined in the 2 games. What part do I not have straight?

ETA... if we had taken care of business last week, us high fiving a 24-pt loss wouldn't be so bad.
    That we had a kid on the team die and expecting anything more than a team coming out and fighting against angry Bama is just setting yourself up to be disappointed. You need to recalibrate a bit. Seriously.

vCash
    That we had a kid on the team die and expecting anything more than a team coming out and fighting against angry Bama is just setting yourself up to be disappointed. You need to recalibrate a bit. Seriously.
    What's the excuse for last week?

vCash
    We've played 3 sec road games, and we haven't gotten 300 total yards in any of them.

Banned
    vCash
    What's the excuse for last week?
    I think everyone here jointly agreed last week sucked hard. It was by far our worst game of the season. Nothing more to say about it. Beating a dead horse.

We've had one game this year where we as a team cohesively sucked. That was UK. We've had 2 games where we dropped the ball on winning. LSU / Bama. Sucks, but that's a lot better than the typical Mississippi State baseline.

vCash
    Y?all do realize that we didn?t take the points on opening drive (3) missed a semi long FG (6) dropped a straight up TD pass (12) possibly (13) if we kicked XP. Those missed points resulted in 2 tds (13) with the XPs (14). Now you figure in the miffed punt which by the way was not Austin Williams, it resulted in (6) and (7) with XP on an extreme short field for Bama. Do the math this game was way closer than it was in scoreboard. Not to mention we were not allowed to touch Young, that roughing the passer gave a fresh set of downs. Walley dropped 2 passes on 4th down. One of them is understandable due to safety crashing down with helmet on ball though.

We got beat, flat out. But that game should have been a 10 point game or closer if we could kick FGs or even attempt them and didn?t drop sure fire TDs.

Maroon glasses or not, but they were not running the ball that great and the rush 3 killed us on defense.

Not sure what many of you were expecting but the final score does not tell the story.

vCash
    I think some folks are quick to assign fault to the refs because it?s too hard for them to accept our team isn?t good enough. Blaming the refs allows them to continue a false narrative that we would have won if only.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    I think some folks are quick to assign fault to the refs because it?s too hard for them to accept our team isn?t good enough. Blaming the refs allows them to continue a false narrative that we would have won if only.
    Dawgday is a good poster, but he has major issues with bama. He can't just accept they're damn good, and they arent winning vs us bc of officiating. They win bc they're far superior in every facet from on-field to off-field

vCash
    Dawgday is a good poster, but he has major issues with bama. He can't just accept they're damn good, and they arent winning vs us bc of officiating. They win bc they're far superior in every facet from on-field to off-field
    Which is why I don't get the melt. 90% of everyone thought we would be boat raced by Bama's talent, and we were. To beat Bama we have to play a perfect game and we didn't. Because of the talent gap and the need to play perfect the mistakes are amplified. Throw in losing a teammate and I'm shocked it wasn't worse.

As for the Refs I'll say this - They impacted our game for the 2nd week in a row. They are not why we lost. But, if we continue to be penalized with the number of very questionable calls I will start to believe that Mark Curles has called in his favors and is getting revenge for us getting his crew suspended.