Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go 8-4 or get out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vindastra View Post
    I don't get this hatred for the AD.

There are "experienced" ADs out there that sign up coaches with $100 Million guaranteed. Go figure.
    If you can?t see how our football program has gone under his leadership, I don?t know what to tell you. In the SEC that is what gets it done. The past 3-4 years the internal turnover and job placements in the ath dept have been blah. Only Hobart coming back this year has helped with game day and some marketing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    If you can?t see how our football program has gone under his leadership, I don?t know what to tell you. In the SEC that is what gets it done. The past 3-4 years the internal turnover and job placements in the ath dept have been blah. Only Hobart coming back this year has helped with game day and some marketing.
    We are 8th in FPI in the SEC since Cohen took over as Athletic Director.

We do need better marketing for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    We are 8th in FPI in the SEC since Cohen took over as Athletic Director.

We do need better marketing for sure.
    Do you see us trending up or down? I do not see reasons for optimism. Recruiting is the only variable that significantly changes from year to year when you have an experienced stable staff, and I don?t see that getting better. Our whole admin seems to be happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Do you see us trending up or down? I do not see reasons for optimism. Recruiting is the only variable that significantly changes from year to year when you have an experienced stable staff, and I don?t see that getting better. Our whole admin seems to be happy.
    Slightly up from the Moorhead Era, but not as fast as I want.

I want us to be better than we are, but I think we beat Auburn and hope we can at least split the Georgia and Ole Miss games to get to 8-4, which is an improvement on last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Slightly up from the Moorhead Era, but not as fast as I want.

I want us to be better than we are, but I think we beat Auburn and hope we can at least split the Georgia and Ole Miss games to get to 8-4, which is an improvement on last year.
    Something impacting recruiting is the lack of highly rated MS recruits. There hasn't been a 5 star from MS since the 2019 class (which had Nakobe Dean, Charles Cross and Jarrion Ealy). MS isn't producing the talent it was in the 2010s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Something impacting recruiting is the lack of highly rated MS recruits. There hasn't been a 5 star from MS since the 2019 class (which had Nakobe Dean, Charles Cross and Jarrion Ealy). MS isn't producing the talent it was in the 2010s.
    We don't have to rely on high school kids alone. The portal us our friend if we'll use it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    We don't have to rely on high school kids alone. The portal us our friend if we'll use it.
    But we aren't going to get a whole class in the portal. High school will always be our base.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Yes, we need to do that more. There have to be plenty of players out there who would want to play and contribute in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    With the team that you have rn with the amount of junior and seniors ,

You should beat auburn who is going to fire their coach and ole miss ain?t nothing too tall to tackle.

The defense can slow down ole miss, hell they played their asses off against the heisman winner and their offense couldn?t do a ****ing thing
    Many of our 18 returning Jr's and Sr's would be at best be backups on other SEC West teams. Therein lies much of the problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Honestly if getting beat by ole miss this year means we can fire Cohen then count me in. I still can?t believe we let an ex baseball coach with ZERO AD experience take over an SEC program. That was such a Mississippi good ol boy hire.
    Hey, he's getting on the job training. Give it 5 more years.*****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    We need to hit Louisiana more. Remember when we got slot of kids from Georgia. Then Merld started getting Louisiana hard? We need to start again esp in the river parishes.

vCash
    6-6 and Leach should be heavily encouraged to retire. That's unacceptable in year three with this much experience returning. Cohen should be on the chopping block too. It's time to go in a different direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    6-6 and Leach should be heavily encouraged to retire. That's unacceptable in year three with this much experience returning. Cohen should be on the chopping block too. It's time to go in a different direction.
    I?m praying this team uses this bye week to get healthy . Offensive staff changes some things up with their play calling ?.. throwing the ball twice with 1 yard to go is absurd.

It?s not much to ask to go 8-4 this year and beat auburn and ole miss.

Ole Miss?s defense doesn?t have Sam Williams and the pass rushers they had last season.

We have to win that game this year. No excuses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    We need to hit Louisiana more. Remember when we got slot of kids from Georgia. Then Merld started getting Louisiana hard? We need to start again esp in the river parishes.
    We have been trying but A&M , Texas , and bama are creeping into Louisiana and taking a lot of the recruits that LSU has always had for themselves . For example , we would have normally got nabers but because Alabama came in and took the 5 star receiver they wanted, LSU came in and took the 4star Nabors who 10 years ago , we woulda got