Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Washington football team

vCash
    They went from tying their team's identity to fierce native warriors to identifying instead with the invading European military leaders who conquered them?

You can't make this stuff up. I would almost be entertained by this continuing circus if they weren't actually trying to implement policies that negatively affect mature, taxpaying adults.

vCash
    Total woke attempt.

vCash
    I wonder if they had just gone with Washington Warriors if they?d have been able to keep the logo. It was one of my favorites. Just lose the negative connotation and replace it with a positive one.

vCash
    If they would have gone back to this

https://www.google.com/search?q=1971...uJ_eRbJMUOWFcM

or this things might have been reverted. The org started as the Boston Redskins and were named to go after the Boston Braves

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...adw4w&usqp=CAU
    Last edited by parabrave; 02-04-2022 at 07:35 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    I wonder if they had just gone with Washington Warriors if they?d have been able to keep the logo. It was one of my favorites. Just lose the negative connotation and replace it with a positive one.
    At least keep Injun reference. Washington Pu$$ies would work a this point AS I'm Running out of shits to give.

vCash
    Being a cowboy fan since 1965 FU%^ the Redskins.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Being a cowboy fan since 1965 FU%^ the Redskins.
    Got me beat by 4 years. Never thought I'd feel sorry for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Got me beat by 4 years. Never thought I'd feel sorry for them.
    Before 1972 it was FU%^ the Packers and Browns because those were the 2 teams which beat the Boys in the playoffs. Still got bad dreams about Leroy Kelly.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Before 1972 it was FU%^ the Packers and Browns because those were the 2 teams which beat the Boys in the playoffs. Still got bad dreams about Leroy Kelly.
    I don't remember us getting whipped by the Pack cuz I'm too young to remember the Ice Bowl. Are the Browns not in the AFC? Can't remember Browns post season add whippings. I guess I've blanked bad shit outta my mind over the years for mental self preservation. LOL.

In '69 the Colts beat the Boys in the SB & Tom Goode, STATE QB, held the last minute Winning FG. I was 6 and went into a crying, screaming , room & toy destroying rage. My Mom had to call Dad to come home from the SB party he was at because he had to "get over here to control the monster you created." LMAO. My Mom just turned 81 and still reminds me of it and neither of us knew how I didn't break any windows.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 02-05-2022 at 11:23 AM.

vCash
    [QUOTE=OLJWales;1408680]I don't remember us getting whipped by the Pack cuz I'm too young to remember the Ice Bowl. Are the Browns not in the AFC? Can't remember Browns post season add whippings. I guess I've blanked bad shit outta my mind over the years for mental self preservation. LOL.

In '69 the Colts beat the Boys in the SB & Tom Goode, STATE QB, held the last minute Winning FG. I was 6 and went into a crying, screaming , room & toy destroying rage. My Mom had to call Dad to come home from the SB party he was at because he had to "get over here to control the monster you created." LMAO. My Mom just turned 81 and still reminds me of it and neither of us knew how I didn't break any windows.[/QUOT

The Browns were in the NFL and the big 4 back then were the Pack, Colts, Cowboys and Brown,., GB beat Dallas in 66 and 67 and the Browns beat them in 68 and 69. Dallas won the NFC in 70 and Lost to the Colts in SB V cause Craig Morton Sucked.

vCash
    Native Americans have sent a petition with over 100k signatures to the Commanders demanding the team's name be changed back to Redskins.

"The Native American Guardian's Association (NAGA) President, Eunice Davidson, issued a demand letter to the Washington "Commanders" owners and key leadership as part of NAGA's National Advocacy Campaign against cancel culture.

"This is a 'LINE IN THE SAND' pledge that reinforces undeniable history of the NATIVE AMERICAN assisting the founding of the United States with Native American principles used by the Founding Fathers in the United States Constitution ? and, EVERY AMERICAN's right to the 1st and 14th, and every Amendment to the Constitution and not be targets of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) and Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) cancel culture environment.

"Americans see they are losing their rights because of a vicious cancel culture that shows little care for their concerns or civil liberties; It is time to support leaders, brands and organizations who will stand with EVERY AMERICAN, rather than fighting against them."

You simply cannot erase history and target the Native American community by eradicating the name 'Redskins' while being an organization that fosters other Constitutional rights, including players who don't honor the American Flag and kneel during our National Anthem."

"In 2023 America, this oppression, and arbitrary and capricious recognition of U.S. history and Constitutional rights is not acceptable. We are standing our ground. If you don't acknowledge history, we are doomed to repeat it. The coin has been tossed; we choose to honor and defend," stated Eunice Davidson, NAGA President"
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 08-30-2023 at 07:10 AM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Native Americans have sent a petition with over 100k signatures to the Commanders demanding the team's name be changed back to Redskins.

The Native American Guardian's Association (NAGA) President, Eunice Davidson, issued a demand letter to the Washington "Commanders" owners and key leadership as part of NAGA's National Advocacy Campaign against cancel culture.

"This is a 'LINE IN THE SAND' pledge that reinforces undeniable history of the NATIVE AMERICAN assisting the founding of the United States with Native American principles used by the Founding Fathers in the United States Constitution ? and, EVERY AMERICAN's right to the 1st and 14th, and every Amendment to the Constitution and not be targets of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) and Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) cancel culture environment.

"Americans see they are losing their rights because of a vicious cancel culture that shows little care for their concerns or civil liberties; It is time to support leaders, brands and organizations who will stand with EVERY AMERICAN, rather than fighting against them."

You simply cannot erase history and target the Native American community by eradicating the name 'Redskins' while being an organization that fosters other Constitutional rights, including players who don't honor the American Flag and kneel during our National Anthem."

"In 2023 America, this oppression, and arbitrary and capricious recognition of U.S. history and Constitutional rights is not acceptable. We are standing our ground. If you don't acknowledge history, we are doomed to repeat it. The coin has been tossed; we choose to honor and defend," stated Eunice Davidson, NAGA President
    Is that 100k Native American signatures or just 100k signatures? 100k Native American signatures is a big deal. If it's just a bunch of people signing outside the local grocery store, it doesn't mean so much.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

The Native American Guardian's Association (NAGA) President, Eunice Davidson, issued a demand letter to the Washington "Commanders" owners and key leadership as part of NAGA's National Advocacy Campaign against cancel culture.

"In 2023 America, this oppression, and arbitrary and capricious recognition of U.S. history and Constitutional rights is not acceptable. We are standing our ground. If you don't acknowledge history, we are doomed to repeat it. The coin has been tossed; we choose to honor and defend," stated Eunice Davidson, NAGA President
    Don't give a shit about your History.... Redskin as a name is not acceptable. Move on.
    Might as well change their name to the Hitler Nazi Football team. Not all history is good history. Some things need to stay as a long lost relic of a forgotten past, Redskins is one of them.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    As long as they stay away from my Red Man chewing tobacco.

That is some good stuff.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Don't give a shit about your History.... Redskin as a name is not acceptable. Move on.
    Might as well change their name to the Hitler Nazi Football team. Not all history is good history. Some things need to stay as a long lost relic of a forgotten past, Redskins is one of them.
    If actual native Americans aren't offended, what's the problem? Minorities need white liberals to let them know what's offensive, I guess

vCash
    The team is in DC, so some good names would be:

Washington Deficit
    Washington Debt
    Washington Dead Beats
    Washington Criminals
    Washington Druggies
    Washington Parasites
    Washington Crooks
    Washington Dumbasses
    Washington (Epstein) Islanders

Or to honor President Biden:
    Washington er you know the fdgarsteskies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    If actual Native Americans don't think it's offensive what gives you the right to? If someone put a professional team in MS and named it the Mississippi Rednecks, I wouldn't be offended at all, nor if a team in Ark was called the Hillbillies, nor a team in LA called the Coonasses. The "Fighting Irish" could be considered derogatory by some, but it doesn't seem to bother ND fans at all.

vCash

I wonder what the odds are for them to change the name to the Washington Demanders now? I think both parties would be happy.

vCash
    I just wish they'd bring back aunt Jemima..............

vCash
    Washington White Skins? and then rename Baltimore the Black Skins. Would be a helluva rivalry I tell you. Call it the Racist Bowl. Open up half the stadium to the KKK and Aryan Brotherhood, and the other half to the Black Panthers and Black Lives Matter.
    Last edited by SpaceBully; 08-30-2023 at 06:49 AM.