Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mullen says

vCash

Mullen says

Tyler and Dak both back at practice and doing much better. They were limited in practice tho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Tyler and Dak both back at practice and doing much better. They were limited in practice tho.
    Heck yea, that's a start.

John Cohen needs to walk over the practice fields and teach Dak to slide.

vCash
    That's good to hear. Hopefully he is good to go this weekend.

vCash
    Awesome news.
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    Overheard Stricklin last night say that they don't expect Dak to play this week fwiw. Said he maybe able to go for the egg bowl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Overheard Stricklin last night say that they don't expect Dak to play this week fwiw. Said he maybe able to go for the egg bowl
    That's what I'm hearing as well. There is optimism about Tyler though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    If there is any chance that he isn't 100% and could risk making the injury worse then he should play. Gotta think about the future.

vCash
    If Tyler can play Sat, Dak wouldn't be seeing the field if I'm Mullen, esp with the Eggbowl being a week from tomorrow. If we can't beat Ark with a 5th year senior at qb we've got huge problems. No excuses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    If Tyler can play Sat, Dak wouldn't be seeing the field if I'm Mullen, esp with the Eggbowl being a week from tomorrow. If we can't beat Ark with a 5th year senior at qb we've got huge problems. No excuses.
    THIS

My only concern is if Dak will be rusty when he comes back for the Egg Bowl. Although, a running QB is far less likely to be rusty than a finesse passing QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Exactly. Russell tore them up last year and he can this year. Arkansas is bad and a 5th year senior with that kind of arm should be lighting them up.

Banned
    vCash
    If Dak practiced at all he's going to play. If he can play, he needs to play that's just my opinion. Russell could beat Arky but I still would feel much better with Dak

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Exactly. Russell tore them up last year and he can this year. Arkansas is bad and a 5th year senior with that kind of arm should be lighting them up.
    I agree, but it seems to me the problem isn't all Russell .... it's his surrounding cast - OL , WR's, and coaching

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    THIS

My only concern is if Dak will be rusty when he comes back for the Egg Bowl. Although, a running QB is far less likely to be rusty than a fines passing QB.
    True. I think Dak will perform fine if he's feeling good. But since we don't know exactly what type of injury he sustained, I wonder how much punishment he'll be able to take..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I agree, but it seems to me the problem isn't all Russell .... it's his surrounding cast - OL , WR's, and coaching
    Yep, gotta agree with this too. I'd rather see Dak play because Arky can't stop a QB with two good feet, see Rutgers and OM.

vCash
    We can do a lot of things with Dak or Tyler IF Mullen and crew would call plays that utilize the strength of each QB. We don't need Tyler running the ball in critical short yardage situations and we don't need Dak throwing three straight passes from the pocket on a series of downs. We just often do things that make no sense based on the personnel on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Can anyone define limited? Is that watching on the sideline with a cast or actually out there going through the drills and making throws? If things look as though neither of them will be able to play or play on a very limited basis then I would rather Williams be getting every snap at practice he can. He will need the work, the OL will need to get some familiarity with his cadence and call, and the WR's will need to get a better idea of the type of ball he throws. Need some chemistry.

vCash
    Dak is not playing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Dak is not playing.
    Hunch or you've heard a coach say that?

vCash
    I've heard from a player that Dak won't be playing this weekend. We'll see though

vCash
    I don't feel good about Tyler beating anyone, but the situation does present itself nicely. Should be able to throw on them. I would feel better about Dak, but we need him to get healthy for the Egg Bowl.