Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to make sure this is seen....

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by codeDawg View Post
    1. I'm not arguing one way or another for Mullen's job. I'm arguing that the results are on a downward trend. Mullen circa 2009, 2010, 2012 are day and night to Mullen 2012 and 2013.
    2. The #1 contributor to winning games is talent. UM is getting middle to upper SEC talent. We are at the bottom of the SEC even in a good year. We won't ever have consistent success here, but we have to compete better. I think everyone recognizes that.
    3. There is a lot more to what is going on and changes UM made beyond the Freeze hire, but the replacement of the AD, the hiring of Freeze based on his recruiting success on Orgeron's staff, and the booster level of involvement are all responses to Mullen's early success.
    4. I'm not threatening that at all. I'm just not motivated to do so. I've been on campus a few times this year to have fun with friends and family, but sitting through a beating every week making the same mistakes is not on my good times list.
    5. I've been through Sherrill, Croom, and now Mullen. I've been to 90% of Sherrill, Croom's, and before this year, Mullen's home games. I've not seen our fan base this lethargic and unmotivated since Croom 2008. Include me in that. Dan's head has started to come out of his ass, but registering a pulse doesn't necessarily motivate me to devote a weekend, drive several hours, and spend my money on this product.

It's not just that we losing. It's a lack of effort from the team early in the year. A lack of passion from the coach. A lack of communication, messaging, and engagement from the athletic department in general. Since Byrne left, we're back to poor 'ole MSU. We are not competing. We are not innovating. We are not motivating. I would rather not purchase that product.
    Damn man id think you were in the middle of a depression reading this, I agree Mullen 2012 and 2013 are not even close to Mullen 2009-2011 but the talent level at State is every bit as good as Ole Miss. Look at the recent history of the Egg Bowl hell go back to mid 90s the talent level they have is about equal with ours. Freeze isn't some genius Mullen can kick his ass next Thursday and all the momentum comes back to us. Im behind Dan as long as he is here because I am behind MS State. I want us to win out so Dan can stay, not for Dan but for us to win the Egg Bowl and go bowling for the 4th straight year.
    Last edited by DawgsBite34; 11-20-2013 at 03:17 PM.

vCash
    Tell me with a straight face that the Dan Mullen you have seen on the sideline last year and this year inspires confidence. Tell me the message from the athletic department says we are all in and will do whatever it takes to elevate the MSU football program. Tell me you have confidence we are going to walk into a stadium we have NEVER won in and then take a team we are statistically inferior to despite our easier SOS and then win our crappy bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    How so on this?

5-7 in 2009.
    9-4 in 2010.
    7-6 in 2011.
    8-5 in 2012.
    We'll see in 2013 - possibility of 7-6.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

"Great Point" - Fresno State

nnnmmmm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    that's cherry-picked to fit an agenda...you are talking about 2 different teams 2012 and 2013

2012- we were 8-5- that's the bottom line

This year, we are 4-6 with 2 more games
    Whoa whoa whoa....I'm cherry-picking?? Haha.

You're using a quote from Bill Parcells that 3 message board posters agreed to, to show what the new "motto" is....yet I'm "cherry-picking to meet an agenda"? Good grief, Mullen's balls are covering up your eyes.

I'm actually using FACTS and STATS from the last 16 games. We're 5-11.

Again, I'm not saying anything negative against Mullen...I'm even inching back towards being on board with him as coach. Just saying, if you're going to "be what your record says you are", then 5-11 over the last 16 is also what our record is.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    but they lost 3 of 5 down the stretch and beat a shitty Pitt team in a shitty bowl

Your record is what it says it is- remember?
    true but they also took LSU to the wire, beat their in state rival at home, and off a 2-10 season they went 7-6. we were off a 7-6 and went 8-5. let me make this clear I am not at all worried about ole miss. I don't think what they do defines us, I wanna kick their ass each and every year. We shouldn't worry about their recruiting their coach etc. we worry about us and kicking their ass takes care of itself. I think in recent history our program is just as good if not better than theirs. We are a much better team than 4-6 its just a shame that our coach doesn't have us at 5 or 6 wins already like we should be. I agree with you, we are better than 4-6 it will show the next two weeks if we have Dakota

vCash
    What good teams did we we beat in '09 & '10 that we aren't beating now?

Banned
    vCash
    Tell me with a straight face that the Dan Mullen you have seen on the sideline last year and this year inspires confidence. Tell me the message from the athletic department says we are all in and will do whatever it takes to elevate the MSU football program. Tell me you have confidence we are going to walk into a stadium we have NEVER won in and then take a team we are statistically inferior to despite our easier SOS and then win our crappy bowl.
    the stats between us and ole miss are basically equal, the talent is basically equal. we have all the intangibles favoring us next Thursday, and they don't match up well with Prescott. We can make them one dimensional I don't see Bo Wallace beating us with his arm alone. Arky we are just better than period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgsBite34 View Post
    true but they also took LSU to the wire,
    We took Auburn to the wire and gave Alabama a solid game.

beat their in state rival at home, and off a 2-10 season they went 7-6. we were off a 7-6 and went 8-5. let me make this clear I am not at all worried about ole miss.
    Well that's good, we'll win the egg bowl too. Now you can say there's no dropoff from the 2009-10 era team.

vCash
    Tell me you have confidence we are going to walk into a stadium we have NEVER won in and then take a team we are statistically inferior to despite our easier SOS and then win our crappy bowl.
    We've also never played a winless UPig in that stadium. One that has lost 13 of 14 SEC games

How can you not have confidence with the way we have played the last 5 weeks- winning 2 and then playing 3 top 11 teams well?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Senior Member The Croom Diaries's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa....I'm cherry-picking?? Haha.

You're using a quote from Bill Parcells that 3 message board posters agreed to, to show what the new "motto" is....yet I'm "cherry-picking to meet an agenda"? Good grief, Mullen's balls are covering up your eyes.

I'm actually using FACTS and STATS from the last 16 games. We're 5-11.

Again, I'm not saying anything negative against Mullen...I'm even inching back towards being on board with him as coach. Just saying, if you're going to "be what your record says you are", then 5-11 over the last 16 is also what our record is.
    I got shat on yesterday for picking out stats. Coach has been doing it for 3 weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I generally agree when it pertains to us. The flip side of this coin though is why the hell the media gives two rats asses about OM. Freeze is 14-9 with only two quality wins if you count the egg bowl last season. Can you buy good media coverage???
    Can you really not understand why?

Look, I'm one of the most die hard and passionate MSU fans on the planet, but I'm also realistic. If you can't understand why the media gives a rats ass about OM, then you are wearing maroon glasses. Freeze turned around a dumpster fire in year 1 and got them to a bowl game and won it. He followed that up with a Top 5 recruiting class. Then he goes out this year and has already matched their win total from last year with 3 games to play, not to mention beating a top 10 team, and taking another down to the wire.

Those are reasons OM is getting attention. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's not 100% agenda by the media. Now, they do have a media advantage no doubt, and the media will look completely different towards them if they lose to Mizzou and us in back to back weeks. But the bottom line is, our coach picked a shitty time to get complacent the last year and half while Freeze and the Rebels completely flipped the script on us.

These next two weeks are so important for us it's crazy. We need two wins and two OM losses. That would completely kill their momentum.

Senior Member The Croom Diaries's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    What good teams did we we beat in '09 & '10 that we aren't beating now?
    Kentucky went 7-6 in 09, 6-7 in 10.
    Ole Miss was 9-4 in 09
    Florida was 8-5 in 09
    Georgia was 6-7 in 10

Plus: taking Upig to 2OT in 10 and nearly beating LSU in 09

Our last 9 SEC wins are against teams with a combined 8-62 SEC record. We've been fortunate to run into some dumpster fires.

vCash
    I know everyone claims their being unhappy with our program has nothing to do with at least the perception of a rising program in oxford, but does anyone really believe that? Seriously?

Would there be AS MUCH negative noise about our program right now if the Bears were 4-6 or 3-7? No, I don't think so.

vCash
    true but they also took LSU to the wire, beat their in state rival at home, and off a 2-10 season they went 7-6. we were off a 7-6 and went 8-5.
    they still lost 3 of their last 5- but you never hear about that. It's called spinning and perception

We should win these last 2 and move to a bowl- gotta get the job done

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    We're gonna own Arkansas on their own field. They're terrible, and we're way better right now.

vCash
    the stats between us and ole miss are basically equal, the talent is basically equal. we have all the intangibles favoring us next Thursday, and they don't match up well with Prescott. We can make them one dimensional I don't see Bo Wallace beating us with his arm alone. Arky we are just better than period.
    No, they are the statistically superior team. It's not dramatic in all categories, but their offensive stats are about 30% better than ours and their defense is playing better as well. Facts here. Now, I'll take our chances at home for the Egg Bowl and say we have a very good shot at it, but our chances of taking the next two are not great. I would feel much better if we had not given away the Auburn game. We should have won that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Croom Diaries View Post
    Kentucky went 7-6 in 09, 6-7 in 10.
    Ole Miss was 9-4 in 09
    Florida was 8-5 in 09
    Georgia was 6-7 in 10

Plus: taking Upig to 2OT in 10 and nearly beating LSU in 09

Our last 9 SEC wins are against teams with a combined 8-62 SEC record. We've been fortunate to run into some dumpster fires.
    Or we have shown we are not going to turn into a dumpster fire. We win the last 2, we will still be only 1 of only 6 SEC teams to go to 4 straight bowl games. 6 of 14 teams

And I wish like hell we could play Florida now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    I know everyone claims their being unhappy with our program has nothing to do with at least the perception of a rising program in oxford, but does anyone really believe that? Seriously?

Would there be AS MUCH negative noise about our program right now if the Bears were 4-6 or 3-7? No, I don't think so.
    I do. Mullen raised the expectations around here. 4-6 with the potential of a losing record should always get negative attention in the SEC. Especially after going to 3 straight bowl games.

I can honestly say that my feelings toward Mullen have zero to do with ole miss. My feelings towards Mullen started last year when we looked like we mailed it in down the stretch. I can take a hard fought 4-8 against a brutal schedule way more than I can take a complacent 8-4 against a bunch of bad teams. I enjoyed basketball season and watching Rick Ray's squad give it all they had last year FAR more than I enjoyed watching our football team limp to the damn finish line.

Some people may worry about ole miss, and I do feel concerned about their recruiting....but at the end of the day, they don't have shit to do with Mullen. We play them once a year. And even after all the hype and hoopla, they could very well finish 1 game better than us with a loss to Mullen. So I don't understand why people would base their opinion of coaching on OM. If anything, that says we would have a stupid fan base, because it would mean we kick our feet up and get complacent when ole miss is down. Most of our fans that I know, aren't like that. We want to win, and try to progress the program...not just get comfortable and start accepting 6 wins per year and giving extensions to coaches for mediocrity.

Just my two cents though.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 11-20-2013 at 03:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    I agree with you. However if we went 13-0 we would get respect that we are 13-0 but it would because everybody else were down or had injuries or something else. Well the SEC overall wasn't very good that year. We would get respect that would would have an * by it.
    This is bs -- and the biggest dose of poor ole MSU I've seen on here in awhile...

Are they putting asterisks beside Mizzou this year because they caught the east at a lucky time? Hell no -- they are calling them dark horse title contenders just the same as they are calling Auburn.

We're not disrespected "because we're MSU" -- we are disrespected because WE CONSTANTLY PROVE THAT WE DESERVE NO RESPECT. No one would be making up bullshit to dismiss a 13-0 SEC team. Sorry -- they just wouldn't -- and the fact that you think this makes it hard to take anything else you say seriously.

There's not some grand media conspiracy to hold MSU down.

Banned
    vCash
    No, they are the statistically superior team. It's not dramatic in all categories, but their offensive stats are about 30% better than ours and their defense is playing better as well. Facts here. Now, I'll take our chances at home for the Egg Bowl and say we have a very good shot at it, but our chances of taking the next two are not great. I would feel much better if we had not given away the Auburn game. We should have won that one.
    Their defense is better??? than who's? Texas A&Ms????? State has a much much MUCH better defense than Ole Miss's. They have done just about as well as you could ask for this year except the 4th quarter vs LSU. Considering we have a coach that made just pure idiotic playcalls and couldn't give them any help, our defense would be way on up there statistically. We will take the run away from Ole Miss, make them one dimensional, Dak will hit their ass in the mouth and we'll win. IF we execute and Dan keeps coaching with some fire like he has recently. if you think TSUN has a better defense than State we are not watching the same games