Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damien Williams

vCash
    I don't share your confidence. The young man is nowhere near being ready to run an offense for more than two series.

vCash
    RTGDF

Diamond package please please please

Pound the rock with JRob and Shump and Griff
    Bubble screens to Perk and tubby
    Sweeps with Holloway

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Of all games to get your wool sheared, why would it be the Bama game?
    Now that I read my again that came out wrong. I was really proud of the effort our players put forth and I was pleased with the adjustments our coaches made during the game. My wool being sheared has to do with the multiple injuries to the QB position and the all around bad luck this team has had to deal with this season. Also, the fact that we may be one play away from Sam Cowart or Jameon Lewis being our starting quarterback.
    Last edited by Radddawg; 11-19-2013 at 09:38 PM.

vCash
    Williams looked good for the position that he was put in. However I would feel more comfortable with T. Russell leading us to our first ever victory over there. Not knocking Williams but he just isn't experienced. And in no way can it be said that he allows for more of a playbook than Russell. The playbook for a young qb with a qtr and a half experience, is going to be very limited.

vCash
    if Wilson didn't have that drop, he would've had a TD on Bama. Kid can play. Offense just has to get used to all the churn. it takes a while to get used to a new QB.

vCash
    Perfect RAT opportunity to work in our favor for once!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    if Wilson didn't have that drop, he would've had a TD on Bama. Kid can play. Offense just has to get used to all the churn. it takes a while to get used to a new QB.
    Yea he looked sharp. Didn't expect him to handle playing against Bama as well as he did. Can't knock him. He made some plays that gave us a chance. It's like you said its just an adjustment, catching passes from a new qb

vCash
    Williams will lead the team to a 63-9 win while setting the SEC freshman QB single game.record. He's Balis made and Mullen coached, dual threat superhero.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    A true freshman quarterback making his first start in a state where we have never won and playing his first meaningful minutes against an SEC opponent...what could go wrong?
    Matt Wyatt made a good point about the Arkansas game. He said since they entered into the SEC they have almost always been between Alabama and Ole Miss. it has always been a trap game. Comming off the alabama game and looking toward the Ole Miss game and this is the reason the have beaten us so much. Move that game and the domination would go away. I think with six wins being with in reach and they want to go to a bowl game this will not be a trap game. I also think if Williams is the starter those upper classmen will step up and play harder to help him out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Op4isabitch View Post
    RTGDF

Diamond package please please please

Pound the rock with JRob and Shump and Griff
    Bubble screens to Perk and tubby
    Sweeps with Holloway
    We have a winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justwin View Post
    We have a winner
    Man, the diamond formation is what we need to run more of especially for this game.
    News Report, "Mississippi State Quarterback Michael Hening Tried To Throw Himself Off Of Davis-Wade Stadium But He Was Intercepted And Ran Back For A Touchdown"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgPoundRock View Post
    Man, the diamond formation is what we need to run more of especially for this game.
    Agreed. We have gotten away from the run and I believe that it's because Perk hasn't been 100%. I think our run game is most successful with josh as primary back. Run the diamond with J Rob and rotate Shumpert and Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcsteph1 View Post
    Agreed. We have gotten away from the run and I believe that it's because Perk hasn't been 100%. I think our run game is most successful with josh as primary back. Run the diamond with J Rob and rotate Shumpert and Nick
    Yes definitely, hell even Throw Milton in there
    News Report, "Mississippi State Quarterback Michael Hening Tried To Throw Himself Off Of Davis-Wade Stadium But He Was Intercepted And Ran Back For A Touchdown"

vCash
    Yea I don't think Milton or Griffin have touched the ball in the last two months. I feel like that's a problem. I hate it but Perk is still hurt and can't plant his foot and make his cuts, that's why he keeps falling and slipping. He is also tip toeing up to contact instead of putting his head down and running hard.

vCash
    A healthy dose of JRob would be awesome to see, wouldn't mind Shump in there to.

I am not as comfortable with Williams in there as some.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Of all games to get your wool sheared, why would it be the Bama game?.. Yes, we took Williams from USM but he was the crown jewel of their commitment list. He won a state championship at a quality high school program. He has gotten reps in 3 different games this year and the snaps against Bama are invaluable. He will also get a ton of reps in practice this week. This would be a great game to go more 2 back with Perkins/Griffin then Robinson/Shumpert.

We have a very simple offense. It's an offense that Tyler played just as well as a fresh as he has as a senior. Tyson Lee and Relf both picked it up very quickly and Dak has done well as a first year starter. The Arkansas crowd won't be that tough and their team is horrible. Damien should do fine as long as he's not asked to do too much.
    All of the qbs should learn the art of the pump fake. It would keep all of our deeper patterns from being bracketed by a safety reading the qbs eyes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by archdog View Post
    All of the qbs should learn the art of the pump fake. It would keep all of our deeper patterns from being bracketed by a safety reading the qbs eyes
    We rarely use the pump fake ha. If ever.

vCash
    First off, I don't have any doubt that whoever is on the field can beat UPig but if things get hairy direct snap to Shump in the WildDawg!