Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damien Williams

vCash

Damien Williams

If he gets the start I have a gut feeling hes gonna show out in LR this weekend. Do any of yall agree or disagree?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgPoundRock View Post
    If he gets the start I have a gut feeling hes gonna show out in LR this weekend. Do any of yall agree or disagree?
    Certainly possible, because we don't know exactly what he'll look like if he gets the majority of the reps in practice. I'll say this, if Tyler starts, we are probably going to win, but if Williams starts, it will be a toss up because we don't know what to expect. But things could also go better because we will be able to use our entire offense.

Williams is a true dual threat QB that is a far better athlete than Tyler. If we were to play well Saturday, we may be able to beat Ark by more than points than if Tyler plays.

However, Tyler is by far the safer option. Just my opinion.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Totally agree.

I hope he gets to play, and think we will win if he does. Throws a pretty ball. I think it is just a matter of timing. Speaking of "history of a program", I'm shocked our 3rd string QB is this good.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgPoundRock View Post

vCash

If Tyler and Dak both are out

We are in serious trouble.

vCash
    I hope so. We are WAY over due to have freshmen a QB come in and play all world.

vCash
    A true freshman quarterback making his first start in a state where we have never won and playing his first meaningful minutes against an SEC opponent...what could go wrong?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Certainly possible, because we don't know exactly what he'll look like if he gets the majority of the reps in practice. I'll say this, if Tyler starts, we are probably going to win, but if Williams starts, it will be a toss up because we don't know what to expect. But things could also go better because we will be able to use our entire offense.

Williams is a true dual threat QB that is a far better athlete than Tyler. If we were to play well Saturday, we may be able to beat Ark by more than points than if Tyler plays.

However, Tyler is by far the safer option. Just my opinion.
    Oh I definitely agree that Tyler is the safer bet, and from what we seen he has shown flashes of being pretty decent. Im more comfortable now with our backups than 5-6 years ago I mean we were starting Hening then

vCash
    Triple QB controversy after this weekend***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Triple QB controversy after this weekend***

At this rate I say go ahead and play Cowart as well Haha

vCash
    Honestly, I have no idea. He's a untested freshman for all practical purposes regardless of last week or other games he appeared in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Honestly, I have no idea. He's a untested freshman for all practical purposes regardless of last week or other games he appeared in.
    Williams is a wild card and Tyler is a known quantity that we know is good enough to win the game.

However, Williams' skill allows us to run the same offense that we run with Dak, and Tyler's skill set doesn't.

Not saying that Williams is better than Tyler, just saying that Williams' skill set could allow him, if he plays well BIG IF, to be more productive within our offense than Tyler.

That being said, I desperately want Tyler to be healthy so we don't have to test this theory.

vCash
    The kid is a winner and he will battle his ass off if he plays. He came in against Bama and should have had a TD pass.

That being said- I sure hope he doesnt have to play Saturday unless its it mop up
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I hope he plays the entire 4th quarter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The kid is a winner and he will battle his ass off if he plays. He came in against Bama and should have had a TD pass.

That being said- I sure hope he doesnt have to play Saturday unless its it mop up

I completely agree, I think the kid is gonna be a baller. When they flashed his high school stats they were pretty damn good honestly

vCash
    The great thing about having an unsophisticated passing scheme is that our offense is very easy to learn. Damien probably has a pretty good grasp of the offense and there are usually only 1 or 2 reads. He can throw the football. I'm not sure he is a true dual threat because he seems to lack speed, but he is definitely more of a running threat than Tyler.

I think he will play well and lead us to a victory. Have I mentioned how terrible Arkansas is? This will be a battle of who hasn't quit on their coach.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    He was a damn good High school qb in a really good winning program. He is used to winning which you cant teach. That being said I would rather have Dak or TR play but if not I think the frosh can do enough to win the game.

vCash
    I have a feeling that we lose if we don't use him and play Tyler the whole game.

The only weakness of our offense that ark has the ability to exploit is if we become one dimensional.

We've been known to do thAt. Damien and Tyler interchanged out would work. Or Damien the whole way. But not Tyler by himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Would not have been awesome he he had been throwing that pass if we had scored on the 2 and 1 series?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    He was a damn good High school qb in a really good winning program. He is used to winning which you cant teach. That being said I would rather have Dak or TR play but if not I think the frosh can do enough to win the game.

I usually get accused of being woolly but I guess the Bama game sheared a bunch off. I dont know why our fans think a true freshman QB we stole from Southern Miss at the 11th hour last January is ready to win an SEC road game. The kid has like 10 meaningful snaps under his belt. He's going into an environment where we've never played well, much less won. Maybe I'm just being overly negative. Hopefully he throws for 3 TDs and runs for 2 more in a blowout win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Radddawg View Post
    I usually get accused of being woolly but I guess the Bama game sheared a bunch off. I dont know why our fans think a true freshman QB we stole from Southern Miss at the 11th hour last January is ready to win an SEC road game. The kid has like 10 meaningful snaps under his belt. He's going into an environment where we've never played well, much less won. Maybe I'm just being overly negative. Hopefully he throws for 3 TDs and runs for 2 more in a blowout win.
    Of all games to get your wool sheared, why would it be the Bama game?.. Yes, we took Williams from USM but he was the crown jewel of their commitment list. He won a state championship at a quality high school program. He has gotten reps in 3 different games this year and the snaps against Bama are invaluable. He will also get a ton of reps in practice this week. This would be a great game to go more 2 back with Perkins/Griffin then Robinson/Shumpert.

We have a very simple offense. It's an offense that Tyler played just as well as a fresh as he has as a senior. Tyson Lee and Relf both picked it up very quickly and Dak has done well as a first year starter. The Arkansas crowd won't be that tough and their team is horrible. Damien should do fine as long as he's not asked to do too much.