Thread: Freakish Squid Recently Filmed in Gulf Of Mexico

vCash

Freakish Squid Recently Filmed in Gulf Of Mexico

video and story linky http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...e-oil-rig.html

Shell oil uses remote-controlled vehicles to study the water around its oil rigs and this particular recording, pictured, was filmed in the Gulf of Mexico in the Perdido Area of Alaminos Canyon. The rare sighting of the squid was discovered at a depth of more than 7,800ft in November 2007
    I'd shoot/kill it if I saw it no doubt

vCash
    that is one freaky squid ... never even heard of anything like that .... an offshore late night swim during the hot summer nights will take some serious consideration from now on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    an offshore late night swim during the hot summer nights will take some serious consideration from now on
    Unless you can free dive 7,800 ft I think you're good The big sharks are what I'd be worried about on offshore swims

vCash
    ha, good point-I think I'm safe then ..... I've never worried about sharks, if it's hot I jump in ... even right in the middle of a chum slick

vCash
    We were in perdido a few weeks ago and the water was crystal clear. You could see everything swimming in from deeper water. Probably saw 100 sharks over the time we were there. I don't think my 11 year old daughter will ever get in again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewalkdawg View Post
    We were in perdido a few weeks ago and the water was crystal clear. You could see everything swimming in from deeper water. Probably saw 100 sharks over the time we were there. I don't think my 11 year old daughter will ever get in again
    that's pretty awesome.

vCash
    well, except for your daughter never getting in the water again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewalkdawg View Post
    the thing folks don't realize is they are there on almost any beach just out of sight - and folks have been swimming with them for years but just didn't know it

vCash

Why would you shoot/kill it?

[QUOTE=BeastMan;90465]video and story linky http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...e-oil-rig.html

I'd shoot/kill it if I saw it no doubt[/QUOTE

vCash
    [QUOTE=OldFatDog;92045]
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    video and story linky http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...e-oil-rig.html

I'd shoot/kill it if I saw it no doubt[/QUOTE

It looks like an alien and it just might be. Kill it with fire!