Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting quote by David Pollack on the The Herd

Banned
    vCash
    com?pli?ment
    noun
    ˈk?mpləmənt/
    a polite expression of praise or admiration.
    "she paid me an enormous compliment"
    synonyms: flattering remark, tribute, accolade, commendation, bouquet, pat on the back; More
    antonyms: insult
    an act or circumstance that implies praise or respect.
    "it's a compliment to the bride to dress up on her special day"
    congratulations or praise expressed to someone.
    "my compliments on your cooking"
    synonyms: congratulations, commendations, praise; More
    greetings or regards, esp. when sent as a message.
    "carry my compliments to your kinsmen"
    synonyms: greetings, regards, respects, good wishes, best wishes, salutations, felicitations More
    verb
    verb: compliment; 3rd person present: compliments; past tense: complimented; past participle: complimented; gerund or present participle: complimenting
    ˈk?mpləˌment/
    politely congratulate or praise (someone) for something.
    "he complimented Erica on her appearance"
    praise (something) politely.
    "complimenting the other team's good play"
    synonyms: praise, pay tribute to, speak highly/well of, flatter, wax lyrical about, make much of, commend, acclaim, applaud, salute, honor; More
    antonyms: criticize
    archaic
    present someone with (something) as a mark of courtesy.
    "Prince George expected to be complimented with a seat in the royal coach"
    Origin
    mid 17th cent.: from French compliment (noun), complimenter (verb), from Italian complimento ‘fulfillment of the requirements of courtesy,’ from Latin complementum ‘completion, fulfillment’ (reflected in the earlier English spelling complement, gradually replaced by the French form between 1655 and 1715).

vCash
    sleepy dawg good post. MSU only have 2 sports we can seriously have chance to win a national championship-Track, where with 10 to 12 good athletes you can accomplish and Baseball. We were close last year in Baseball. I stated this about 3 years ago. We can only hope for 7/5-8/4 seasons each year that will sell out Davis Wade each year and a bowl trip each year. This will keep our coffers with money that is needed to operate our athletic department. I feel we should be happy and content with this.

Darryl Berryhill
    Class of 1963/65
    Box 13 DNF/PDS
    1-225-205-1499
    berr6728@bellsouth.net

vCash
    I think a lot of you guys are way off on this. Put them in the SEC, yes they would immediately have a season like us (sort of like Missouri did). But given an adjustment period, they would start to do better than us on a yearly basis. I am looking at their schedule last year, and we would absolutely NOT run the table like they did (not even close actually). They are just better suited and more comfortable for the type of football they play now against a consistent schedule, and once they went up against Bama with a month to prepare it was no contest, but so was LSU the previous season.

Say what you want, but ND, as much as people hate them, isn't just god awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I think a lot of you guys are way off on this. Put them in the SEC, yes they would immediately have a season like us (sort of like Missouri did). But given an adjustment period, they would start to do better than us on a yearly basis. I am looking at their schedule last year, and we would absolutely NOT run the table like they did (not even close actually). They are just better suited and more comfortable for the type of football they play now against a consistent schedule, and once they went up against Bama with a month to prepare it was no contest, but so was LSU the previous season.

Say what you want, but ND, as much as people hate them, isn't just god awful.
    we would skull drag them this year.

hell, OM and Vandy could skull drag them this ear.

vCash
    lol it is compliment not complement. damn...

vCash
    haha thank you for this.