Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting quote by David Pollack on the The Herd

vCash

Interesting quote by David Pollack on the The Herd

Pollack said that he talked to some senior Alabama players after last year's national championship against Notre Dame and asked them where Notre Dame would stack up in the SEC. The Alabama player's quote,"They are Mississippi State."

If nothing else, this should add a little perspective about who we are and what we are up against.

This isn't a Mullen thread, just thought I would share an interesting quote.

vCash
    very interesting
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    meaning that like us before we played them last year, had a lot of hype with the undefeated record but didn't really deserve it.....I'd love to hear what that certain player had to say after the game Saturday night lucky we didn't have our best offensive player.....Bet he was the loser they showed on ESPN bitching about the cowbells so he put earplugs in his ears. good thread it kinda fired me up a little bit, that and *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* comment from the presser yesterday, he was talking about winning 4 out of 5 Egg Bowls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgsBite34 View Post
    meaning that like us before we played them last year, had a lot of hype with the undefeated record but didn't really deserve it.....I'd love to hear what that certain player had to say after the game Saturday night lucky we didn't have our best offensive player.....Bet he was the loser they showed on ESPN bitching about the cowbells so he put earplugs in his ears. good thread it kinda fired me up a little bit, that and *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* comment from the presser yesterday, he was talking about winning 4 out of 5 Egg Bowls
    Pollack took the quote as meaning the level of play, not having to do with hype.

In greater context, the conversation was centered around the difference between Ohio State's schedule and an SEC team's schedule.

I honestly took it as a complement.

vCash
    I don't

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    I don't
    me neither

vCash
    Considering AL beat them 42-14, I don't either.

vCash
    Oh, ok. I took it as a complement that we were being compared to a team that was in the national championship last year. Guess I completely misunderstood the conversation. Colin certainly took it as a compliment.

Banned
    vCash
    Fair assessment. When I watched Notre Dame last year, I saw MSU, Ole Miss, or Vandy. I saw a good, solid 6-6, 7-5, or 8-4 SEC team.

vCash
    I think it makes sense. If you put ND in our division with our schedule... they would fair as we do. They would win against our OOC and struggle against our tough divisional opponents. They don't have great depth, but have a solid first string... so on and so forth. I don't see it as an outright compliment, but I also don't think its an insult. Thanks for the info Shotgun.

vCash
    National media gives us a compliment and you fruit loops can't take it. How many of you are female?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    National media gives us a compliment and you fruit loops can't take it. How many of you are female?
    THE ENTIRE ALABAMA FANBASE MADE FUN OF NOTRE DAME!!!!! MY GOD THEY GOT BEAT 42-14!!!!!!!!!! sounds to me like you people are looking for a complement

Banned
    vCash
    not just the fanbase either the whole country knew what was going to happen it was 42-14 and it wasn't that close. I don't understand how comparing us to a team that got demolished is a complement

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Considering AL beat them 42-14, I don't either.
    Bama beat us 38-7 last year- which is when the question was asked
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    We can take it and spin it however we want, but it was meant as a shot at Notre Dame. The guy was saying that Notre Dame was no tougher than what they play in the mid to lower tiers of their own conference. More of a compliment to the strength of the SEC than a compliment towards MSU. But mostly just an insult to Notre Dame, and no compliment at all.

Or at least, that's how I took it
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 11-19-2013 at 01:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Oh, ok. I took it as a complement that we were being compared to a team that was in the national championship last year. Guess I completely misunderstood the conversation. Colin certainly took it as a compliment.

You took that as a compliment??? LOLOLOLOLOLOL Colin constantly uses us as an example of ineptitude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Pollack said that he talked to some senior Alabama players after last year's national championship against Notre Dame and asked them where Notre Dame would stack up in the SEC. The Alabama player's quote,"They are Mississippi State."

If nothing else, this should add a little perspective about who we are and what we are up against.

This isn't a Mullen thread, just thought I would share an interesting quote.
    Notre Dame?? That's an insult

vCash
    Ok, Ok, Ok, maybe it wasn't a complement or a jab, maybe it was just a quote that should enlighten us to the challenges we face. We can be as good as a team that made the National Championship, and still suck within our own division. Maybe that's what we should take away. Of course, I think most on here already knew this.

vCash
    We could have beaten ND had we played 'em early last year.

vCash
    Unless you 1 of about 5 teams in the country, then you couldn't even be a competitor in the SEC west in a given year. The SEC west usually produces the hands-down #1 team each year, and some years I think the west has had the #1 and #2 teams. There's also been years where I thought 3 of the top 5 teams in the country were in the SEC west.

You can call that quote what you want. Notre Dame would be like us and most other schools in the country who don't play in the SEC who think they're good. They're mostly good because they're not in the SEC.

We're not ever going to be there (A consistent top SEC competitor). It doesn't matter what we change. We are poor ole msu. We will never achieve the success of the big time SEC programs. It's never going to happen. You can spend your life suffering over that fact and refusing to believe it, or you can accept reality and take the highs when you can get them.
    Many of you won't take those highs, you'll just remain pissed off the rest of your life over something that will never happen.