Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: we need a scrapbook for photos of your trophies

vCash

we need a scrapbook for photos of your trophies

pinned to the top ... I love to see pics of fish, big or small game, or even some tailgate shots before the game, whatever your passion is give us a look ... I would post the first but I'm sure everyone has seen most of mine by now so I will throw this out there ......
    QUESTION - where will Arkansas find themselves this Saturday ...........

Answer - between a rock & a hard place
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 11-19-2013 at 01:13 PM.

vCash
    Cooler shot from a good trip in September

Me and some buddies did messed around fishing from piers and banks in BSL in September and ran into some sharks

The ride from Bay Marina to the Bay (then to the gulf) early in the morning is awesome

While everybody is stacked up in Smugglers Cove, we love hitting the less crowded cuts in the marsh at Cat Island

****And that's an awesome picture FishDawg****

vCash
    love shots of the ride out ... there's nothing else quite like it ... here's a ride up the Kenai River

and some of the sights

Last edited by FISHDAWG; 11-19-2013 at 12:50 PM.

vCash
    I love that picture of the South Bayou area. You are spot on with the crowds in Smugglers Cove. I also like to duck in there and hide from the wind a little bit.

vCash
    Here's a few pics from this year that were in my photobucket account already:

Two of us in kayaks on a WINDY day in South LA. We were proud of these 6.

vCash
    Nice specks in those pictures. That red on the left in the bottom pick looks like it would pull around a yak a bit. I just started fishing in a kayak on the coast last summer so I'm a newb. Any spots you recommend? I wanted to hit the a near shore reefs in pass christian (emerald street and japonica reefs). I've been itching to fish that reef by Melini point in BSL but I cant find a good place to launch b/c it mostly rock shore line over there (that's the jetty we were on for those 2 black tips). Any pro tips would be appreciated.

I did paddle out to the PC Key reef but I'm not interested in doing that again. It got windy quickly and got dicey out there. Deer Island is also on my to do list.

vCash
    Here is a buck i made a skull mount out of. First one i done. I added the lower jaw for looks.

Last edited by Crystal Balls; 11-19-2013 at 10:01 PM.

vCash
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by KennyPowers2; 11-19-2013 at 10:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Nice specks in those pictures. That red on the left in the bottom pick looks like it would pull around a yak a bit. I just started fishing in a kayak on the coast last summer so I'm a newb. Any spots you recommend? I wanted to hit the a near shore reefs in pass christian (emerald street and japonica reefs). I've been itching to fish that reef by Melini point in BSL but I cant find a good place to launch b/c it mostly rock shore line over there (that's the jetty we were on for those 2 black tips). Any pro tips would be appreciated.

I did paddle out to the PC Key reef but I'm not interested in doing that again. It got windy quickly and got dicey out there. Deer Island is also on my to do list.
    From now until spring, I will usually launch at the Merlin Necaise launch. The trout are moving up into the bayous and rivers. If you launch there and can't find any trout, there's an area right there called "Little Bay" that always seems to hold some redfish. Once the trout start moving out in the spring, I like to put in at the Henderson Point launch and fish the bay. There are some really good areas within a few hundred yards of that launch and you can find trout in there most of the year. Of course, once the trout hit the front beaches, the reefs are the place to go. I had some good luck at the USM reef in LB a couple times this Spring. Most of my trips are in LB, PC or BSL. I rarely go East from there, but there are endless options to launch and fish over in the Back Bay.

You should definitely do a Deer Island trip. I paddled out there last year with camping/fishing gear and stayed a night. It was a good time.

vCash
    There are nice trout moved in on the east Pascagoula as well. You see my picture above? Well I caught a 5 pound speck mixed in with those bass and about 6 14-16 inch specks as well. I also caught a 22" redfish, a nice flounder, and some small reds. There were all together. You could launch your kayak there at the miss point launch or under 613 and fish all around the mouth of dog river and up by the pogey plant. Tide falls strong out of there so you would have to be careful. I had my MK101 on 85 just to move my 21' Phoenix. Fish are there though.

vCash
    Good looking fish! I have heard there is some good trout action over there, just haven't ever made it that way. I love when you can catch a bass, red & trout all in the same area.

vCash
    On the wall in my dad's bizz. A 10 ft 400lb marlin he caught in the Caribbean. The pic and wall mount doesn't do it justice though

vCash
    Opposite wall has some nice mounts. They are all his kills. His house has even more deer and fish

vCash
    5+ lb spot anyone? this is a buddy of mine @ Bay Springs, I think last year.. I took the pic... Monster spots will be along soon. Water has to be 50 deg or so...monster spot.jpg

vCash
    8#er out of my kayak at Calling Panther.
    Last edited by J-Dawg; 08-25-2015 at 12:00 PM.

vCash
    Awesome pic J-Dawg. Where is that lake?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Awesome pic J-Dawg. Where is that lake?
    Crystal Springs exit in Copiah County. Kayakers paradise. Lake if full of stumps and give virtually free reign to the upper 3rd of the lake to kayakers.

I've caught several nice fish there, but it's usually feast or famine.

vCash
    I've heard it was getting to be a tough bite at CP and Okhissa... nice one J

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barking 13 View Post
    I've heard it was getting to be a tough bite at CP and Okhissa... nice one J
    It definitely declined later in the year.

vCash
    Finally figured out how to post pictures....

I finally got drawn for gator tags after 5 years. We got this 12'3" 600lb gator in the pascagoula river