Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is anybody else a little concerned....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    I wasnt "moderating" the thread. I stated what many people are aggravated about. Im on the fire Mullen train but, once again, its old when its the same bitching over and over about Mullen. I was simply aggravated once again by the same bitching and stated such in a public forum. I never had any intention of "moderating" the post or the thread which is what Engie flew off the handle about. Maybe everyone should take a step back and say to themselves, "If im getting so damn mad about something that can be argued about with more clarity in a week and a half maybe I should just keep my ****ing opinion to myself for a few more days. Maybe like alot of people have chosen to do and wait it out, especially seeing as how it was pretty much in agreement that the horse was dead a month ago and there isnt a damn new argument to be made that has anything new or constructive that can be brought to light."

Either that or just stay pissed off about it and keep slamming your face into a ****ing wall for another 10 days. Either way I dont give a shit but some of the people on here are trolling to keep things riled up or are blinded by their ****ing stupidity and cant make themselves stop. To those 2 groups piss off and take your dumbasses somewhere else.

DawgsBite34 did that have enough cussing and yelling through the keyboard for you for it to be GOLD?
    When you responded to his answer of the original question, you started this shitstorm. Maybe nobody else would have even replied to him. Ever thought of that? You are just as guilty of what you're calling him out for.
    This is turning into "just another message board" rather quickly.

vCash
    Is it baseball season yet?

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    So you are upset about a "diatribe" that was 5 sentences shorter than your response right here? Its a diatribe of the same shit in every other thread. Not just yours. If I didnt put your name you would have been pissed anyway because my post fell right after yours.(Cue "no I wouldnt have been pissed" here)

You are wrong. Youre right I was wrong. I should have just left it with I didnt care about all your other posts knowing you were going to tell us anyway. I wasted time there.

So, the overall discontent in our fanbase making itself known right now is my fault now? Take a page out of your get up early and sleep late arguing book here...where did I ever say it was your fault that the overall discontent in our fanbase that is making itself known right now is your fault? (I guess anyone can nitpick mistakes in a post) You don't deserve near that much credit henceforth I would never place that on your shoulders.

So, you are pissed about me about being a dick -- while also being a dick? I guess I should have thrown one of those "IMO" out there to clarify that it was my opinion that you have been an incorrigible dick lately. Just my opinion. But I can't think you're being a dick while also being a dick myself? And for the record I wasn't pissed about it.

Touche -- I'm not the one that started the shit in this thread. You were. I simply stated the obvious. Sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear. This one you hit a homerun. I did start the shit when I probably should have made it more generic. But your reply to me was over the top and wasn't commensurate with my post. And whether or not it was what I wanted to hear was superfluous to my comment. Didn't make a shit. I say 50-50 split on this one. But still watch that BP.

What is this even supposed to mean? Please link me to where I said "Dan Mullen will be fired at the end of the year"? Yes -- I'm going to be pissed until Mullen changes my mind about what kind of coach and recruiter he is.
    Where did this one come from? My statement meant if your are this cranked up now at someone coming back at you I hate to see how cranked you are going to be if Mullen is still here in August. Not sure where you got the whole link you to Mullen fired thing. Shit I want him gone myself but thats a whole other discussion-that Im holding for another 10 days.

Listen man, I don't want to fight about this whole thing because its stupid. I appreciate what you bring to the table and I really enjoy the discussions we all have during baseball season. I like you when I agree with you and like you when I don't. You're a topnotch poster and I don't want you to go anywhere.

That being said the whole "I'll be happy to get the **** out" and "take the things I bring back elsewhere" and "Im sick of being told what I can and can't say or think" is quite a few things...egomaniacal, childish, incendiary, challenging, and stupid. Bye, syanora, adios, **** off, see you later, whatever. Mississippi State sports, this message board and the revolution of the earth will continue without you or me. As far as Im concerned we have both attacked each other in public and hopefully got our moneys worth, I feel like I have. If you feel the need to exact a little more go right ahead as I feel you will do anyway as you seem a "last word" kind of guy, which I am ok with. Either way Im done (but reserve the right to dive back in if you take too much liberty).

Truce.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    My name is I seen it dawg. I started the shitstorm.

vCash
    Lol! Nice.

vCash
    Ha! Some levity in this thread! Now that is funny right there.

vCash
    You can't ever overlook a conference game in the sec and with our quarterback situation it doesn't help because Arkansas can eat up the clock with their style of play making it hard to get possessions to score. Hopefully Arkansas will continue to make dump mistakes. With that being said I still don't believe a loss is fine. For this game I would like to see some other improvements with no dumb penalties and some better special teams play such as with the punt returning and putting the offense in the best field position possible either it being a fair catch instead of bouncing or just getting a few return yards and no fumbles as an example. It would just be to painful to see the guys play so tough against a&m and bama to have it all go away with this game.

Banned
    vCash
    I am not so sure the fact that they run a lot means that they necessarily play to our strength. I have watched a couple of their games and they don't run between the tackles that much. Think T J Yeldon. They run wide or semi wide and pull OL and block really well out there. Those backs can slip through very small creases and it will be a real test of our open field tackling.

If they ran straight at our DL/LB's, great, but they don't. They get outside fast and slash and force the DB's to tackle. That QB isn't very good, but if we stack the box anyone can hit those quick slants. They are 3rd in the SEC in rushing and they didn't do that running inside. They have two rb's in the top 10 in the SEC.

I am kinda concerned. We do not need to take them lightly.

vCash
    I think we lose if Damien starts. I think we win if Tyler or Dak start. It's pretty much that simple.

At the risk of agreeing with engie- if we lose, I think the team might quit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think we lose if Damien starts. I think we win if Tyler or Dak start. It's pretty much that simple.

Serious question.... What has this team done this season for any of us to think they will "quit"? Some of our fans may be ready to quit on our coaches, but I don't think the players are even close to that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyPolice View Post
    Serious question.... What has this team done this season for any of us to think they will "quit"? Some of our fans may be ready to quit on our coaches, but I don't think the players are even close to that.
    They are still playing for something tangible right now.

And nowhere did I say that "I expect to lose to Arkansas and the rest of the stuff to happen". I simply gave the theoretical of what would happen IF we did lose to Arkansas.

Anytime it's a close spread -- I'm gun shy right now. The last two really close ones, Northwestern and Ole Miss, did not go well for us.
    Last edited by engie; 11-19-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    I wasnt "moderating" the thread. I stated what many people are aggravated about. Im on the fire Mullen train but, once again, its old when its the same bitching over and over about Mullen. I was simply aggravated once again by the same bitching and stated such in a public forum. I never had any intention of "moderating" the post or the thread which is what Engie flew off the handle about. Maybe everyone should take a step back and say to themselves, "If im getting so damn mad about something that can be argued about with more clarity in a week and a half maybe I should just keep my ****ing opinion to myself for a few more days. Maybe like alot of people have chosen to do and wait it out, especially seeing as how it was pretty much in agreement that the horse was dead a month ago and there isnt a damn new argument to be made that has anything new or constructive that can be brought to light."

Either that or just stay pissed off about it and keep slamming your face into a ****ing wall for another 10 days. Either way I dont give a shit but some of the people on here are trolling to keep things riled up or are blinded by their ****ing stupidity and cant make themselves stop. To those 2 groups piss off and take your dumbasses somewhere else.

DawgsBite34 did that have enough cussing and yelling through the keyboard for you for it to be GOLD?

I was just agreeing with him that people on here trying to say what others cant or cannot say is pretty ridiculous. You say some good stuff to man it was no offense to you if your on the fire mullen train your on the same one I am, I wanna see if we win out too. if we do he should stay that's my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyPolice View Post
    I didn't say they will quit. I said they might quit.

vCash

Its Gonna Be a Close Game Either Way

Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    that after two decent outings by our team the last few weeks, many are chalking this Arkansas game up as a W?

What happens if we lose? I know where all of the Hud/Fire Mullen folks will be....but I'm talking about the majority of the board/fanbase. Those of us that are wanting to let these last two play out. Where does that leave us?

I'll admit, I have seen enough encouraging play the last few weeks to where I feel pretty good about this game, so I'm not real sure what it does to me or to our fan base as a whole if we drop a game to a bad Arkansas team after playing 2 pretty good games against highly ranked opponents.

Thoughts?

(Don't take this thread to a bad place, please)
    I shudder in fear that it comes down to Dan Mullen's Special Teams, but very well could...then we lose.

vCash
    I didn't say they will quit. I said they might quit.
    Uh... Ok.

Your statement implies that you consider it a non-neglible possibility, so my question still stands. What makes you, or anyone else that may want to chime in, think that this team would quit?

vCash
    We will stop the run and force that shitty QB to beat us in the air. If we get up early, we will win going away. I say we win 24-14. They do run it between the tackles and are more of a poor mans Alabama in the running game. If we lose this game, Mullen should be fired. They ARE that bad. In all honesty, they are worse then Kentucky.

vCash

Reasonable assumption. I can see Tyler tearing Arky apart like last year. All it will take is us getting the early lead and they will implode just like in the OM game.

vCash
    Dont think Tyler is playing this week
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Dont think Tyler is playing this week
    I had a guy tell me yesterday he had a torn labia... when I tried to correct him, he said, "I meant what I said"