Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is anybody else a little concerned....

vCash

Weather forecast...

..is saying this game will be played in 40 degree weather & rain. So nobody in the stands or on the field is going to be
    comfortable for this one.

I guess I am in the minority in that I don't see MSU winning this game.

I've seen MSU play & I've seen UPig play & the difference I see between the 2 teams is negligible.

vCash
    Mullen should have his team very ready for this game. If he loses this one, he is going to lose a LOT of his supporters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    ..is saying this game will be played in 40 degree weather & rain. So nobody in the stands or on the field is going to be
    comfortable for this one.

I guess I am in the minority in that I don't see MSU winning this game.

I've seen MSU play & I've seen UPig play & the difference I see between the 2 teams is negligible.
    You really see no difference between MSU and ARK when they play?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I was about to ask the same thing haha

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    All things considered, we pretty much shut down bama's running game and I think we'll do the same against Arky. They'll get some yards, but our defense is very stout and I look for them to "win" the game for us either with multiple turnovers or scoring off of a TO.

vCash
    My main concern is if we screw up and lose, how many people are going to cancel going to the Egg Bowl since we are no longer bowl eligible?
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    All things considered, we pretty much shut down bama's running game and I think we'll do the same against Arky. They'll get some yards, but our defense is very stout and I look for them to "win" the game for us either with multiple turnovers or scoring off of a TO.
    Main way to stop Arky's run game is keep them bottled up. Do not let them get outside.
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgsBite34 View Post
    Talking to some players they seem really focused I know theyre not gonna tell me that theyre overlooking Arkansas but still. Everybody involved in the State football program knows how big this game is. If we have Dak we win handily. Russell could get us a W and even if we do have to go with Williams, don't think we will but still. I'll expect a win. The sky will fall if we lose this game. Dak can save Mullen's job. He's earned a little bit of my respect back the last two weeks
    They should be focused. I'd expect nothing less.

As for if we lose or not, Dan has two things going for him. 1) He has Dak coming back for a few years, which is very promising for our offense 2) I think Dan has a chance to put together a really good recruiting class. We have some solid kids like Green, Cooper, J Jackson, and Williams to name a few. I expect we will pull in some other big targets as we get closer to signing day. Recruiting is an area we need to keep up with the rest of the SEC if we want to be able to get over the hump to win these close games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stxdawg View Post
    Dan has a good record of beating teams that we should win against. It would be a major fluke for them to upset us. Although anything can happen, I really expect us to beat them and will not be surprised if we beat them soundly.
    How many of those teams has he played with his 3rd string freshman QB???

All things being normal, I'd agree with you 100%... this QB situation has me more than a little concerned. If Dak plays, I definitely feel better.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post
    My main concern is if we screw up and lose, how many people are going to cancel going to the Egg Bowl since we are no longer bowl eligible?
    If we lose this one I cant wait to wake up sunday after the Egg Bowl to a scott stricklin press conference

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post

Especially on thanksgiving... With no bowl to play for, a lot of people would rather spend the time with family.

vCash

Very little..

..MSU has a little more raw talent. Both squads are poorly coached.

Netheir team is capable of playing 4 quarters of intelligent, error free football.

Hence I give UPig a slight edge on their home field.

Banned
    vCash

Netheir team is capable of playing 4 quarters of intelligent, error free football.

State is a much better team than Arky if you ask me. Better defense, better QB, our RB's would do exactly what theirs do in that system, and I'll take a fired up Mullen over Bielema or however you spell his name anyday. State has more across the board talent. If we play like we expect to, we'll blow their doors off

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    I take nothing for granted with this team. We tend to play to the level of our opponent. If they Arkansas team they came to Oxford shows up, we are going to lose. I don't feel like we can score without Dak.

vCash

Yeah Ronny, you may have just exposed your inability to evaluate football teams and talent.

Although the records are only separated by 1 game, these two teams aren't very close. How they got to those records is very very different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgsBite34 View Post
    State is a much better team than Arky if you ask me. Better defense, better QB, our RB's would do exactly what theirs do in that system, and I'll take a fired up Mullen over Bielema or however you spell his name anyday. State has more across the board talent. If we play like we expect to, we'll blow their doors off
    bielema took wisconsin to 3 straight rose bowls. why would you take mullen over him? i know arkansas has sucked this year, but no one thought they had the talent to be turned around this season anyway, it's going to take a few years to accurately judge bielema's work at arkansas.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    bielema took wisconsin to 3 straight rose bowls. why would you take mullen over him? i know arkansas has sucked this year, but no one thought they had the talent to be turned around this season anyway, it's going to take a few years to accurately judge bielema's work at arkansas.
    yeah he did get them to 3 straight rose bowls but its not like he built Wisconsin, they were already winning. they had that fat guy as a coach I cant remember his name but they were winning 8-10 games a year before he got there. the big 10 sucks anyway, itd be State, Michigan State, and Ohio State if we were in that conference. And before yall even bring up last years gator bowl, tyler Russell threw that game away. terrible coaching too

vCash

I do not claim to be..

Yeah Ronny, you may have just exposed your inability to evaluate football teams and talent.

Although the records are only separated by 1 game, these two teams aren't very close. How they got to those records is very very different.
    ..an expert at evaluating football teams.

Even if I was, where would I put that rare and unique talent to work? On Elitedawgs.com messageboard?

I've watched enough MSU football this season to know making jr. high mistakes is their stock in trade.

I don't see a squad as error prone as MSU going to UPIg & winning. Maybe I'm wrong. I probably am, since it is clear I possess no talent for evaluating football teams.

Remember, we don't even have a kicking game. We don't have a warm body that can kick a 15 yd fg. And historically the UPIg game has often come down to the kicking game (see 1998 for best example).

vCash
    ??? How do you make that claim? You don't play the way did against Bama from not being well coached. I think you have not been paying attention the past few weeks.

vCash
    I think after the last couple games, even though losses, improvements were made in the effort and heart department. We show up and play 4 quarters we win. Ride the somehow positive waves coming out of the last 2 games. I don't care if we never win in Ark I'm just glad to see us on the road, against an SEC team not named Kentucky, with a damn good chance to win.