Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
It's only different in how long the vaccines have been out before becoming mandatory versus the severity of the disease. While MRNA tech isn't new, to my knowledge there haven't been any vaccines with it so people are understandably concerned about whether there might be long term, unknown effects.

For the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, I don't think it is different, but I'm not positive. The only new vaccine I can remember recently was the one for HPV. And there was a stink about making that mandatory, which some states did I think pretty quickly (I know it hurt Rick Perry in his campaign; his argument was that making it mandatory ensured it was covered by insurance, and then there was an opt out procedure). I'm not sure how long it has typically taken to get from the development of a vaccine to it being made mandatory, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is usually done within a couple of years, so with not much better long term data than we have now. And we basically have a new flu vaccine every year, and I'm not sure the Johnson and Johnson is really different. Probably a little more likely to have adverse effects from the stress of your immune response, so probably more dangerous, but once you get through that initial response (which we do have data on, if imperfect), I don't know why there would be any particular concern about long term, unknown effects that wouldn't be there for say the flu vaccine. Not saying their isn't, but it's basically the same technology as far as I understand it.
Just pointing out that a guy named Johnson is commenting on the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Break off some of that pharma money for us an Oline specific NIL.