Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: OM reaches 100% Vax Rate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    A PHD in English and the like has no more real idea about this than most high school students. Their science education stops at biology 101. Also, think back on some of the PHDs you knew. That study is hardly surprising. Meanwhile 95% of MDs have taken it.
    I'd like this breakdown of what Ph.D.'s were refusing it. Where you getting it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I'm watching it closely... look my options are ban everyone talking about covid (which I'm not gonnna do) and delete the thread. Or let them be. If i just delete / lock the thread.. there will be another one tomorrow.
    Just pass on the thread if you don't wish to read it please.
    Well ok but when you get Liver and 7 going on a debate, it might last for days or weeks*** I wish it was jeopardy and the final question would have a short answer and winner takes all!!

The debate want be known till a few years down the road, I'm gonna stay in my lane except when we talk sports and I know way more than either as I did Coach, LOL!

vCash
    I'm watching it closely... look my options are ban everyone talking about covid (which I'm not gonnna do) and delete the thread. Or let them be. If i just delete / lock the thread.. there will be another one tomorrow.
    So you're saying covid threads are spreading as fast as covid now? lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Here's the source for the tweet...

CORONAVIRUSStudy Finds Most Highly Educated Americans Are Also the Most Vaccine Hesitant
    https://summit.news/2021/08/11/study...cine-hesitant/

Study by Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh
    Thank you for the source. In looking deeper at the information (https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...5v1.full.pdf); it was derived using an online survey.

Volunteer online surveys do not produce valid results. (https://www.pewresearch.org/2010/12/...-online-polls/)

Here is an instance where the source would appear to be reputable, but when digging deeper - the means in which the results were derived make it worthless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Rep given! +1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Good one! ��

vCash
    Quick google search:
    https://www.ama-assn.org/press-cente...ainst-covid-19

Sample size was only 300. Would like to see more responses and means on how they were derived.

https://www.ama-assn.org/system/file...ine-report.pdf
    Last edited by Gutter Cobreh; 08-12-2021 at 12:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    There are MDs that say otherwise. There is also a reported (in Jerusalem Post) double-blind study performed in Israel stating Ivermectin is very effective. More so than the vaccine ... don't know.

The point is there is a lot of conflicting info out there and I do know for a fact the FDA and Big Pharma will suppress info and when every MSM or Big Tech outlet is censoring conversations about it then I certainly ask why that is. I work with a lot of pretty smart (some that are exceptionally smart) scientists every day that often disagree.

And my "feelings" tell me that once I get vaccinated, I can't get unvaccinated.
    First all of that is bullshit and why I I'm having to show ID to get horse wormer....

Second, you know "BIG PHARMA" makes Ivemetrin and Hyroxyclorquinine too, right? Since they are Pharmaceuticals....

But know this, based on the R0 Of Delta, you will get Covid.

If you are Vaccinated, you give your body a 2 week head start in fighting the virus. If not, well maybe the hospitals will be empty enough so you won't be in the UMC parking garage.

vCash
    Also to be fair, the number of people I know in academia, from R1's, to Vet schools, to small colleges like mine, this study certainly makes me dubious to its accuracy, because my experience/observation has been the opposite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    True. Getting it twice is very rare and an exception. Truth is natural immunity is way better than any vaccine they can mix up. They have been working on this for decades for SARS viruses with no success. Now experimental drugs. The Moderna guy said the mnra mix is not even safe for animals - his words not mine.

It is a personal choice and there is no one right answer as so many arrogant folks seem to want to look down their noses at people over. I know deaths on all sided, hospitalizations and life altering conditions from Covid and vaccine so folks need to shut up on the vax everyone.

Previous infection with Covid will not protect you from Delta.

Vaccination will. Especially with the Moderna and Pfizer. CITE: https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...a-variant.aspx

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    This is not supported by the data yet. Might end up being true, but the data is equivocal at this point.
    Yes it is..

Cite for Mrna VAx being 88-90% effective vs delta https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...a-variant.aspx

Cite for previous infection not being effective vs Delta https://www.health.com/condition/inf...-delta-variant
    Cite 2 https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-06-18...ays-oxford-led
    Cite 3 https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/0...-an-infection/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    You missed the point I'm not surprised. You do understand that you could have covid and have absolutely no symptoms? I mean with all your medical experiences and expertise right.... an example...so John Doe comes into the hospital and has a heart condition. Chest pains will say... history of angioplasty. They test him for covid he is....asymptotic or could be a false positive.. So your then telling me they decide oh let's treat the covid and not the heart condition. That's exactly what your saying. Correct??? Let me tell you what's going to happen they are going to treat his case as a heart related issue. Now the actual hospital records will show he is a covid positive patient which is mis leading. Now should John pass away due to the heart related issue he is now a...... you guess right a covid death.

The more you post on this and other boards Bill the dumber you sound and less and less are we lead to believe you are even in the medical field.
    And if you go to the ER with a broken wrist from falling off a ladder and they find a heart condition, they treat the heart condition, too. They don't just splint it up and let you go.

I'm not sure you understand how healthcare works....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Don't have to justify it right now ... it's my decision.

Not sure why all you vaxxed people are up in arms tho. According to all of your sources
    a) if you get it your symptoms will be mild at worst
    b) you can't die from it.

So that means all of us unvaxxed probably will kill each other off and then y'all will be happy. Or we'll be put in the CDC isolation camps (described on CDC's own website .. or was a couple of days ago) ... and then y'all can rejoice. Either way ... it ends very good for you. Once we're gone, everyone is vaxxed then.

Personally, I don't see a downside for any of you.

Because y'all are 17'ing this up for everyone else.

Delta (and other variants) were formed due to COVID spreading in unvaccinated populations.

And it's senseless to see people dying, when there is an easy and free way to prevent it.

And some of us have kids under 12 than we kinda like and don't want to see die from a preventable disease.

Do the rest of us a favor and sign a DNR/Do not treat to make sure when you get it, you don't take up a bed.
    Last edited by SheltonChoked; 08-12-2021 at 01:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Because y'all are 17'ing this up for everyone else.

Delta (and other variants) were formed due to COVID spreading in unvaccinated populations.

And it's senseless to see people dying, when there is an easy and free way to prevent it.

And some of us have kids under 12 than we kinda like and don't want to see die from a preventable disease.

Do the rest of us a favor and sign a DNR/Do not treat to make sure when you get it, you don't take up a bed.
    Help me here. What I've yet to understand, if you are protected by the shot you so believe in, what are you worried about? You will not get sick or need a hospital.

Fact is it is mostly the sick vaccinated that are spreading this. They think they are protected and are not. Israel study showed that natural immunity was 7X more effective than any vaccine. Millions of people don't need a vac, some vulnerable people do but not everyone. If you have natural immunity or have vac, what are you worried about?

I have my protection, I just don't understand the thinking? Please enlighten me.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Projections are based off of the percentages of hospitalizations and ICU admits to previous weeks. They are looking at the rising cases and applying that percentage to what they will have. If it holds, the national guard pop up hospitals will likely be used.

vCash
    Thank you.

IMHO it is best to let them air it all out. It is what should be allowed on all media. We as Americans are in a terrible place in the history of this country since before July 4 1776.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Help me here. What I've yet to understand, if you are protected by the shot you so believe in, what are you worried about? You will not get sick or need a hospital.

Fact is it is mostly the sick vaccinated that are spreading this. They think they are protected and are not. Israel study showed that natural immunity was 7X more effective than any vaccine. Millions of people don't need a vac, some vulnerable people do but not everyone. If you have natural immunity or have vac, what are you worried about?

I have my protection, I just don't understand the thinking? Please enlighten me.
    As simple as I can put it.
    He has kids, his neighbors has kids, and he has friends that have kids that are not allowed to take the vaccine. They have no protection and no option for coverage by a vaccine at this time.
    2nd, The vaccinated are not spreading this more than unvaccinated people. Anything stated otherwise is literally impossible to determine.

Just because someone has the vaccine does not mean they cannot still get sick from a variant or the original. It means they will have some immune response ready to go, but they can and will contract it if they come in contact with the virus at an efficacy rate around 80-95%, which is way, way, way better than 0% for no vaccine.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    The virus, as with all viruses, spreads more quickly through unvaccinated populations. It seems like it is working through the vaccinated right now, because that is the hot button media darling at the moment.
    When you look at the overall numbers of just the actively infected, it is 87% to 13%. 87% being unvaccinated people. The overall percentage of those being hospitalized are vastly different as well. Unvaccinated being the big percentage of cases versus hospitalization. Deaths too.

Perception in the media right now is all about vaccinated people coming down with Delta, but when you look at the number objectively (like Ole Miss) reality does not meet that perception.

When you have an area like that county in Mass or Isreal, with high high percentages of vaccinated people, the numbers look dire because everyone there that could get it is probably vaccinated. If you look at the percentage of that area, versus Florida and now Mississippi, it is spreading much faster and is more deadly.

So, simple answer. Get the vaccination. WAsh your hands. Socially distance when you can. Refrain from staying indoors for long periods of time with a bunch of other people. Keep your circle small.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Alright. Mississippi Facts coming up.

https://mississippitoday.org/2021/08...-unvaccinated/

1 in 65 covid deaths in Mississippi this year was from Vaccinated people.
    Now I will be first to admit, this number is not the end all discussion because the vaccine was not available starting Jan 1.
    But still, that is a clear indication, even if it were only 1 in 30 from March-July 22
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Alright. Mississippi Facts coming up.

https://mississippitoday.org/2021/08...-unvaccinated/

1 in 65 covid deaths in Mississippi this year was from Vaccinated people.
    Now I will be first to admit, this number is not the end all discussion because the vaccine was not available starting Jan 1.
    But still, that is a clear indication, even if it were only 1 in 30 from March-July 22
    You need age data too. I am under the impression that very few if any under 65 have died that had been fully vaccinated. The vaccine only works to trigger your immune system, if yours sucks, it's not going to work. So, the elderly and the very young will be in the most danger.