Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: De'Runnya Wilson

Banned
    vCash

De'Runnya Wilson

Really proud of the way this true freshman played tonight. Several of our WRs grew up on that field in College Station today. I had a discussion with my Rebel Black Bear friend earlier and we both agreed that Laquon Treadwell is probably more SEC ready than Wilson right now but that could change over the next few years. Treadwell is a 3 and done type player but don't be surprised if Wilson is one of the best in the country by the fall of 2016.

Banned
    vCash
    Bear needs 10 targets a game. Feed the Bear!!

vCash
    He is special

vCash
    Best freshman WR we've had in a LONG time. Upside is tremendous.

vCash
    He is the closest thing we have to a Julio Jones, AJ Green, Alshon Jeffrey type talent. Hopefully he will develop like the aforementioned superstars

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    He is the closest thing we have to a Julio Jones, AJ Green, Alshon Jeffrey type talent. Hopefully he will develop like the aforementioned superstars
    I'm not sure who he reminds me of but if Dak and him can develop chemistry on the back shoulder pass/catch DeRunnya will be unguardable. Then if they can turn that into a double move he will burn the defense for a TD every single time. Man what a find he is!

vCash
    Over the last 20 years we have had a few Jackson Highschool guys and most of them turned out to be pretty good. Isn't he out of Jim Hill?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Over the last 20 years we have had a few Jackson Highschool guys and most of them turned out to be pretty good. Isn't he out of Jim Hill?
    Yea I say we sign another one from that school this year. Wide Reciever U.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    No. He's from somewhere in Alabama. Fred Brown is from Jim Hill

vCash
    Fred Brown looked damn good as well.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Fred Ross was impressive as well. Both of these guys, Dak, plus our young RB's give me some hope. We also have a plethora of young defensive players. All the reason why a coaching change would not hurt us this year. New guy will win right away and build the program further. The players are there, they just need leadership.

vCash
    Fred Ross and Fred Brown are not the same player.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Fred Ross and Fred Brown are not the same player.
    My bad. Fred brown was impressive today but Ross is as well.

Banned
    vCash
    Holloway had a TD if he hangs on to it too. We finally gave him a shot deep and he couldn't haul it in. He needs to keep running all out on that play next time.

vCash
    We have 3 good young WR's in Wilson, Brown, and Ross...good day for Wilson's coming out party.

And Morrow finally got him a TD
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    I'm putting Holloway in that group too even if I stand alone. He has elite speed. Much faster than the other 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I'm putting Holloway in that group too even if I stand alone. He has elite speed. Much faster than the other 3.
    I want to believe this as well, but I think we saw today why he doesn't play much. Just a hunch, but his "ball skills" might not be quite up to par.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I want to believe this as well, but I think we saw today why he doesn't play much. Just a hunch, but his "ball skills" might not be quite up to par.
    His "drop" (hard to call it a drop when it goes right through his hands without ever being touched) was one of the key missed plays in the game. It's a TD if he makes the catch.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    You can teach catching you can't teach his speed. He's a homerun waiting to happen on a straight fly route at any point in a game. How many drops is a 60 yard touchdown worth to you? You saw a drop but I saw a receiver that is so fast he had the defender beat by 5 steps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    You can teach catching you can't teach his speed. He's a homerun waiting to happen on a straight fly route at any point in a game. How many drops is a 60 yard touchdown worth to you? You saw a drop but I saw a receiver that is so fast he had the defender beat by 5 steps.
    You can only teach catching up to a point. Soft hands and the ability to go grab anything near you is something you either have or you don't. Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Mike Evans, etc. weren't taught to catch the ball as well as they do. It's instinctive. Julio Jones makes big plays, but he also struggles with the drops. No one argues that Holloway doesn't have elite speed, because he clearly does. The problem is that he doesn't have anywhere near elite hands as a WR. He can improve, but he'll never be a guy who is a reliable WR, either.

And you're only a "homerun waiting to happen" if you actually catch the damn ball.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22