Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miss. State vs South Carolina )Women's Basketball

vCash
    She is going to get a pass for this year regardless- but next year things will heat up. Quickly
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    She is going to get a pass for this year regardless- but next year things will heat up. Quickly
    Next year it has to heat up fast. We will still have talent that someone can bring us back quickly. We can't let what was our best program on campus go back to 80s WBB. Cohen will have to be fired for this is he don't fix it.

vCash
    As I see it, this team has big talent with bigger egos. I see selfish players who really don't like each other. Unless they are allowed to play with three balls, NMP has to develop a "team" or risk losing players and the program. There could possibly be a need for a purge.

vCash
    It feels like there is going to be a mass exodus from this team in the off-season. I’m talking about talented players that have star potential are going to leave while we have to blow it up and start all over, only a year after we finished second in the SEC with a very young team.

It’s women’s basketball so people will just stop caring, but this has been an even bigger failure than Moorhead’s first year. This was an Elite 8 caliber roster and I’m not certain we will even make the tournament.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    It feels like there is going to be a mass exodus from this team in the off-season. I’m talking about talented players that have star potential are going to leave while we have to blow it up and start all over, only a year after we finished second in the SEC with a very young team.
    That is exactly what's going to happen, unless there's a big turnaround before the season runs out.

vCash
    Amazing... Our women’s Basketball program has been blown up in less than a year.

You reach out to Matthew Mitchell today and see if he has any interest in returning ..

vCash
    This thread currently sits at 1 and 1/2 pages. In years past it would have been 10. That’s pretty telling.

vCash
    i never missed a womans game last 3 years.....now i dont give a damn and wont unil that sorry ass coach is told to pack her bacgs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    This thread currently sits at 1 and 1/2 pages. In years past it would have been 10. That’s pretty telling.
    Zed, your thoughts are exactly why I clicked this link. 2 pagers of chatter when just last year, the MSU-USCe matchup was the best in WCBB. Pinson is a FAILURE.

vCash
    Well- gotta let this season play out. But right now it’s not very encouraging
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Amazing... Our women’s Basketball program has been blown up in less than a year.

You reach out to Matthew Mitchell today and see if he has any interest in returning ..
    If he had any interest he would be coaching Kentucky. His wife doesn't like Mississippi and they sure as hell don't need the money.

vCash
    Pretty crazy that our WBB fan base was probably top 5 over the last few years with Vic, maybe top 3 with UConn and USCe. Now, there is a great deal of apathy. I didn't even bother to cut on the game. Things can turn around, and I sure hope they do, but there really is no excuse for this. I remember Jo Mo telling the team that they were laying a foundation for the future, which is what you tell a team who had never won. It was so ridiculous because those guys had already won and laid a foundation under Mullen. This feels like much of the same, but perhaps worse. The foundation was laid as well as it could be. The talent is there. She has crapped the bed so far this year, but hopefully that changes.

vCash
    I think COVID is playing a large part in all of the administrations decisions, but IMO you gotta part ways with Cohen. We've taken a step back in every sport under his watch. Baseball is still strong but Cannizzaro was a embarrassment that could've been prevented with some research up front. Even the Lemonis hire wasn't smooth; he was at least the third choice and that's ok but all of Cohen's comment prior to made it a cluster.

Ask yourself, if we part ways with NMP tomorrow, do you really trust the current AD to make a good hire? I hate calling the guy out but at some point the writing is on the wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    Baseball is still strong but Cannizzaro was a embarrassment that could've been prevented with some research up front.

I don't disagree with anything else you said but how on earth could anyone have researched more and known what happened was going to happen with Cann?

vCash
    I think COVID is playing a large part in all of the administrations decisions, but IMO you gotta part ways with Cohen. We've taken a step back in every sport under his watch. Baseball is still strong but Cannizzaro was a embarrassment that could've been prevented with some research up front. Even the Lemonis hire wasn't smooth; he was at least the third choice and that's ok but all of Cohen's comment prior to made it a cluster.

Ask yourself, if we part ways with NMP tomorrow, do you really trust the current AD to make a good hire? I hate calling the guy out but at some point the writing is on the wall.
    But that again goes back to who then do you hire to be the AD? Could you pluck Jeff Long from Kansas? Would it be an up and comer like Danny White? And I think the most important question, do you trust that Keenum could make that hire? I'm not sure I do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    I don't disagree with anything else you said but how on earth could anyone have researched more and known what happened was going to happen with Cann?
    Just going to have to trust me on this one. I know that's not what anyone wants to hear, but I've always been of the same opinion you stated until about 6 months ago.

ETA: I don't think anyone could've known what happened was going to happen, but there was probably enough smoke there that we should've stayed clear of that hire.
    Last edited by Randolph Dupree; 01-29-2021 at 10:58 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    But that again goes back to who then do you hire to be the AD? Could you pluck Jeff Long from Kansas? Would it be an up and comer like Danny White? And I think the most important question, do you trust that Keenum could make that hire? I'm not sure I do
    Yeah, I don't know who I trust but if I'm searching for an AD I find Greg Byrn's right hand person or someone that worked for him that's an AD at a smaller school. That guy is the real deal.

vCash
    Everything is going to be all right. According to our coach in the presser last night we are moving in the right direction going into February.*** We looked to be disorganized, poor coaching, out of control, and not a team effort in doing the things necessary to compete. Edit to say - No effort to play together in a team effort.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-29-2021 at 10:49 AM.

vCash
    Yeah, I don't know who I trust but if I'm searching for an AD I find Greg Byrn's right hand person or someone that worked for him that's an AD at a smaller school. That guy is the real deal.
    I'd make a call to Rhett Hobart. That guy knows how to run our dept. efficiently. He was here during both Byrne and Stricklin's tenure and also during Cohen's so he knows how to correct those mistakes that have been made.

vCash
    Also little rumor going around that Leah Beasley had a hand maybe small Maybe big in the hiring of NMP
    If true All I have to say about that is Holy ****ing Shit....