Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Games around country thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    It’s going to be a 2008 level beat down. Their defense is improving.
    Maybe not. I'm still dreaming we click on offense any time now

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    We are not going to click on offense this year. Unless 8 gets hurt for them they will name the score. They will move him around like Alabama did their #1 guy and match him up with a walk on safety. They will beat us to death, and I’m a leach homer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    See the thing is Todd, they were horrible a long time before those guys were hired. We were not horrible. We were trending down bc we lost a great coach, but we still had a decent program. Did you think we'd win 2 games this year?
    See the thing is you're wrong again.

West Virginia went to FIVE bowls and won eight games before they hired Brown and only won five in year one. And they went from Air Raid guy to Air Raid guy. No questioning the Brown hire from you on that?**

Indiana went to bowls the two years prior to Tom Allen- granted both were 6-6 seasons but then Allen went 5-7 in both years. So, actually worse than the year before and hardly a trend in the right direction.

Wake Forest was 6-7, 5-7, and 4-8 before your boy took them to 3-9 the next two years. And yet you're telling us that you wouldn't have questioned that hire either?**

You're a liar. Period.

The fact of the matter is no one was talking about ANY of these coaches when they were rebuilding their programs. But like a typical MSU fan stuck in the Golden Triangle Bubble you don't understand that most of the time it takes a year or two for most coaches to change over. As far as wins- I didn't have any expectations one way or the other. Too many unknowns with COVID. And without question with the OOC schedule Leach would easily win more than two games.

vCash
    We finished 6-7. That?s a losing season. Going to a bowl game doesn?t mean we had a winning season. I will be the first to admit that I thought we would be better offensively this year but it is pretty obvious that Leach did not inherit anything offensively that fits what he needs to be a competent offense.
    And then there is this. Yes, we have a bowl streak going. We also have losing seasons two out of the last four years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

West Virginia went to FIVE bowls and won eight games before they hired Brown and only won five in year one. And they went from Air Raid guy to Air Raid guy. No questioning the Brown hire from you on that?**

Indiana went to bowls the two years prior to Tom Allen- granted both were 6-6 seasons but then Allen went 5-7 in both years. So, actually worse than the year before and hardly a trend in the right direction.

Wake Forest was 6-7, 5-7, and 4-8 before your boy took them to 3-9 the next two years. And yet you're telling us that you wouldn't have questioned that hire either?**

You're a liar. Period.

The fact of the matter is no one was talking about ANY of these coaches when they were rebuilding their programs. But like a typical MSU fan stuck in the Golden Triangle Bubble you don't understand that most of the time it takes a year or two for most coaches to change over. As far as wins- I didn't have any expectations one way or the other. Too many unknowns with COVID. And without question with the OOC schedule Leach would easily win more than two games.
    That's good research. I should've remembered that holgerson was pretty good at WV

vCash
    I don?t think he?s working with guys with zero talent. I just don?t think a lot of our offensive linemen are built to play in this offense. I also don?t think we have a bunch of crack heads. If he is awful next year on offense and shows no improvement I will also be worried but I don?t expect to see that.
    He's working with a lot of young players.

Fr at QB and RB.
    Walley and Tulu are freshmen. We also don't really have a slot receiver that profiles for this offense. Not yet anyway. That would help some against the defenses we are facing.
    Offensive line is two RS sophomores, a true freshman and a DT at least some of the time.

More than anything these players have to develop and grow up as football players. A lot of guys are playing sooner than they should be.

vCash

You're a liar. Period.

WVU actually was 9-3 before Brown came. This is a perfect example of someone looking at a record and not understanding the magnitude of how bad the situation was. Holgerson knew he was done and quit recruiting prior to this. He left the program a big mess to the point they were only expected to win 2 games the next year. Brown had to nuke it and blow it all up. WVU fans are very much reacting to Brown the way MSU fans did with Mullen. He is following the same trajectory

vCash
    That's good research. I should've remembered that holgerson was pretty good at WV
    Look Leach may not work here. History says he will. No ones knows. But for the love of God I just wish our fans would give a coach a couple of years before just declaring that it's all bad and terrible and blaming the coach for everything. There's a difference between saying Croom should get seven years and a difference between saying a coach should get two years.

vCash
    Michigan is down 28-0 to Wisconsin. How long will they put up with Harbaugh losing so much? And they're paying him almost as much as Saban.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    WVU actually was 9-3 before Brown came. This is a perfect example of someone looking at a record and not understanding the magnitude of how bad the situation was. Holgerson knew he was done and quit recruiting prior to this. He left the program a big mess to the point they were only expected to win 2 games the next year. Brown had to nuke it and blow it all up. WVU fans are very much reacting to Brown the way MSU fans did with Mullen. He is following the same trajectory
    The difference is I can't see MSU fans reacting well to going from 9 wins to 5. I'm not sure why West Virginia fans understand the context of their situation and a lot of MSU fans don't understand the context of our situation.

vCash
    Look Leach may not work here. History says he will. No ones knows. But for the love of God I just wish our fans would give a coach a couple of years before just declaring that it's all bad and terrible and blaming the coach for everything. There's a difference between saying Croom should get seven years and a difference between saying a coach should get two years.
    No one is saying fire leach. Hell, we can't fire leach. He's gonna get his chance to fix this. I think it's more than fair to question him (or anyone) when the offense is this pathetic though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Michigan is down 28-0 to Wisconsin. How long will they put up with Harbaugh losing so much? And they're paying him almost as much as Saban.
    NFL will call him this offseason.

vCash
    No one is saying fire leach. Hell, we can't fire leach. He's gonna get his chance to fix this. I think it's more than fair to question him (or anyone) when the offense is this pathetic though.
    Well, Brandon Walker called out three people on his podcast that post on sixpack for saying that Leach should be fired last week. So, someone is saying it.

I don't have a problem with people questioning- but look at the context of the situation is all I'm saying. We have a coach that has a history of his offenses struggling the first two years. We have a lot of young players. And as I have shown most coaches- I'm sure there are exceptions take a year or two to get it going. Even Dan went 5-7 here. It may have made our fans "feel good" but if you look at it statistically it wasn't all that great.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    No one is saying fire Leach today but plenty are saying that they know this won’t work which is equally as stupid.

vCash
    The difference is I can't see MSU fans reacting well to going from 9 wins to 5. I'm not sure why West Virginia fans understand the context of their situation and a lot of MSU fans don't understand the context of our situation.
    Holgerson could never beat the Oklahoma teams and then quit recruiting in 2017 because prior to that year he knew he was done. Lots of arrests and other internal issues. Had he stayed it would?ve been a big disaster. He got lucky getting Grier. He never won the big 12 or went to a title game in 6 years. He was a Mark Richt. Brown gives them that hope and chance

vCash
    No one is saying fire Leach today but plenty are saying that they know this won’t work which is equally as stupid.
    It's not going to work unless Leach adapts. And I don't think he will adapt.

vCash
    Well, Brandon Walker called out three people on his podcast that post on sixpack for saying that Leach should be fired last week. So, someone is saying it.

I don't have a problem with people questioning- but look at the context of the situation is all I'm saying. We have a coach that has a history of his offenses struggling the first two years. We have a lot of young players. And as I have shown most coaches- I'm sure there are exceptions take a year or two to get it going. Even Dan went 5-7 here. It may have made our fans "feel good" but if you look at it statistically it wasn't all that great.
    Well, to be fair Brandon Walker called out 2 for saying Leach should be fired. He call out a guy named bruiser for criticizing Walker for having to use the F word along with his sidekicks in every sentence to prove he is one of the boys. Kind of funny but I kinda agree. Using the F word on a publicly broadcast forum is kinda skanky to me. But I guess ?most? Christians find that word offensive.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    It's not going to work unless Leach adapts. And I don't think he will adapt.
    Exhibit A.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Well, to be fair Brandon Walker called out 2 for saying Leach should be fired. He call out a guy named bruiser for criticizing Walker for having to use the F word along with his sidekicks in every sentence to prove he is one of the boys. Kind of funny but I kinda agree. Using the F word on a publicly broadcast forum is kinda skanky to me. But I guess ?most? Christians find that word offensive.
    Thanks for the clarification. I don't listen to his podcast and I was going off of the post on sixpack.

I don't really care what he says as far as cussing goes on his podcast but I get why some would be offended by that.

vCash
    Exhibit A.
    A-Z all day.