Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
What WMD said as far as the story goes. LT wanted Bobby Wallace if I remember correctly. He was a former MSU player who had a lot of success at D2 North Alabama and had been a DC under Felker. Eventually he ended up at Temple and he didn't win much there although Temple is definitely a bad job.

Leach had been with Mumme at Kentucky and we all saw what a pain in the ass it was to defend the Air Raid when they were together. It seemed like every time we played them it ended up like 38-35. Mumme had zero defense though and I would have been all for pairing up Leach and Joe Lee Dunn in the late 1990's. No offense to Sparky Woods- no pun intended- but I bet we go 12-0 in 1999 with Leach and that defense. It would have been scary.

In some ways MSU fans are going to be more accepting of doing something like the Air Raid. But there is definitely the sect of MSU fans that think the only way we can win is to run the ball all the time too. Which is why I think Napier was so popular with some of our fans. Mike Leach will probably change that though.
This is exactly the way it went down Todd!