Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who is plan B if HUD says no thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 601Dawg View Post
    Same exact info I was told yet old Engie seems to know everything.

Like I said in my original post HUD isn't a Stricklin fan
    Knowing Mark as I do- he is a "win a championship" guy. He is not going to take a job that he doesnt think can win one. That plus the SC talk, then add in our administration- and I really have a hard time thinking he will take the job. Now if the Big Boys are willing to force some Admin changes to get him in- I'm all for it.
    Hud + better Admin > Mullen + Admin problems
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Knowing Mark as I do- he is a "win a championship" guy. He is not going to take a job that he doesnt think can win one. That plus the SC talk, then add in our administration- and I really have a hard time thinking he will take the job. Now if the Big Boys are willing to force some Admin changes to get him in- I'm all for it.
    I tend to agree and think the MSU curse that we are a coach's graveyard tips the balance to him not accepting the job even if offered money in the $2 to $3 mil range.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 601Dawg View Post
    Same exact info I was told yet old Engie seems to know everything.

Like I said in my original post HUD isn't a Stricklin fan
    Bundy, I find it hilarious that you are fighting battles all around the internet for a website owner that you never trusted during the Chris Jones saga and instead went full meltdown on your own. What gives?

Why do people assume that we would let an AD whose seat is about as warm as Mullen's define a FOOTBALL hire and thus prevent us from getting who we really want? Much the same way as Sid Salter MENTIONING a contract extension for Mullen = "It's over" to the people seeing what they want to see instead of looking at reality.

Do you think Bill Battle is Saban's boss?

I think Hudspeth has over a decade of insider knowledge to know exactly what it would take for him to be as successful as possible at his dream job at MSU. Our money people were starting to migrate toward him before this year even happened, when he likely becomes one of, if not, the hottest midmajor coach in the country. With every win, he becomes a bigger name -- and has more power to dictate terms in a search.

If the CB's get ready to pull the plug on Mullen and he says "I want Bracky gone -- and I want at least 50% administrative power over the football team and don't want to 'answer' to Stricklin for x, y, z reasons" -- do you really think we walk away and go the open coaching search route? Or do you think we're going to step up and make that happen?

People that don't want it to happen project is as some kind of impossibly complex situation -- when it's a simple situation... He's going to require us to be "all in" from the get go -- and if we are who I think we are -- his demands will be met.
    Last edited by engie; 11-07-2013 at 12:37 AM.

vCash
    Why would we assume that the Cigar Boys would even be willing to get rid of Mullen at this point -- without forcing the other changes that many see as a large reason Mullen is failing? That doesn't even make sense, and is essentially putting band aids on bullet wounds. THE CB's ALL realize the same issues that we do -- they aren't deaf, blind, and stupid.

Fact of the matter is -- if a head coaching move is made, there will be a housecleaning in the department giving the best possible chance to be successful longterm. I'm not saying that Hudspeth would get Stricklin fired necessarily -- but it's real easy for us to set them up as what is essentially partners in control of the football program instead of boss employee -- and basically take all of Strick's football-related power away. That already happens at a bunch of major football programs anyway...

My point is -- if the money wants Hud to the extent that I think they do -- they are going to make the shit work out to his satisfaction...

vCash
    Benjamin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    an AD whose seat is about as warm as Mullen's
    What makes you think Stricklin's seat is in any way warm?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Why would we assume that the Cigar Boys would even be willing to get rid of Mullen at this point -- without forcing the other changes that many see as a large reason Mullen is failing? That doesn't even make sense, and is essentially putting band aids on bullet wounds. THE CB's ALL realize the same issues that we do -- they aren't deaf, blind, and stupid.

Fact of the matter is -- if a head coaching move is made, there will be a housecleaning in the department giving the best possible chance to be successful longterm. I'm not saying that Hudspeth would get Stricklin fired necessarily -- but it's real easy for us to set them up as what is essentially partners in control of the football program instead of boss employee -- and basically take all of Strick's football-related power away. That already happens at a bunch of major football programs anyway...

My point is -- if the money wants Hud to the extent that I think they do -- they are going to make the shit work out to his satisfaction...
    if they clean up the Admin & if CDM leaves, we'll be in the game for Hud. Otherwise, we won't. that's a lot of churn that would have to happen and I just can't see that big of a shakeup coming at the end of this season. I just don't think Strick's seat is anywhere close to warm.

vCash
    Hack, if it isn't warm then it needs to be. I think we may need a forward bulldawgs to gets that incestous Bryan building cleaned out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Hack, if it isn't warm then it needs to be. I think we may need a forward bulldawgs to gets that incestous Bryan building cleaned out
    I'm not disagreeing with you there. I don't necessarily think he's done enough to get fired, but he's sure as hell trending in that direction. I know some of his friends have even lost confidence in him. The basketball search, football scheduling, long standing compliance issues, stadium atmosphere, and his treatment of long time financially invested fans has struck a nerve with some. That last part is probably would could get him on the hot seat, but our boys need to realize that with the SEC money and TV contracts, Birmingham and Bristol are going to have more influence over who we hire and fire than our fans will.

vCash
    As a retired SC coach- he will still have that privelege
    Well then I think he is going to hook up sooner then later.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedawg View Post
    What makes you think Stricklin's seat is in any way warm?
    it started with the way he handled the basketball situation.. I assure you the money men lit his seat on fire the night rick ray was announced!