Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is plan B if HUD says no thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    SC has reached out to his agent- Spurrier is getting out this year or next it is believed. That's the only one I have heard about so far. NC, Virginia, Iowa are teams that may be looking. Minnesota also.

I think Hud would take the MSU job over all the ones mentioned. It's not like Hud should be mad at MSU. MSU has done nothing that should've pissed him off, and I'm sure he'd rather recruit MS, LA, and AL while the coach at MSU than have to recruit areas he has never lived.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think Hud would take the MSU job over all the ones mentioned. It's not like Hud should be mad at MSU. MSU has done nothing that should've pissed him off, and I'm sure he'd rather recruit MS, LA, and AL while the coach at MSU than have to recruit areas he has never lived.
    over SC? Seriously?

A state with more talent
    A school with more money, an 80K stadium they pack, and they compete in the East- the easier side of the SEC?

He MIGHT choose State to be closer to home- but if he wants to win a title of some sort- he is going to go to SC over State
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    over SC? Seriously?

A state with more talent
    A school with more money, an 80K stadium they pack, and they compete in the East- the easier side of the SEC?

He MIGHT choose State to be closer to home- but if he wants to win a title of some sort- he is going to go to SC over State
    You make good points, but I look at SC as a replicable situation. That job is easier than MSU, because its a little closer to recruits and on the easier side of the conference, but your still fighting an uphill battle.

SC wouldn't hire Hud, because Spurrier has built that job into a desirable one that current major college football coaches like, Whittingham, Rich Rod, Gundy, etc. would probably have interest in.

Just don't see SC offering the job to Hud without having to be turned down by 5 or so higher profile coaches before.

Banned
    vCash
    SC has reached out to his agent- Spurrier is getting out this year or next it is believed. That's the only one I have heard about so far. NC, Virginia, Iowa are teams that may be looking. Minnesota also.
    Spurrier will not get out until after next year at the earliest. SC is the only one of the ones mentioned that would have any appeal to Hud.

Banned
    vCash
    agreed

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wrb7480 View Post
    Petrino????Really???? WOW!! He has left a mess everywhere he has been. If you're a real preacher, I would think you would have higher standards than Petrino. However, I know a few preachers that are dead-beats themselves.....won't pay bills, etc.etc.etc!!
    man I happen to believe in second chances... You know the whole, Mercy and Grace thing... I think Petrino learned a valuable lesson and is the much better man for it.

vCash

Just don't see SC offering the job to Hud without having to be turned down by 5 or so higher profile coaches before.
    Well, he is on their radar because they have made contact. Is he the only one? Of course not. But SC would easily hire a good young coach like him over a more established coach. Depends on their views of the program

Banned
    vCash
    i'd hate to know I would have to follow spurrier at SC because 1) you aren't going to do any better 2) your are probably gonna do worse.

vCash
    Charlie Strong.

Hud won't move for less than 2.7 is what I've been told, plus his buyout in Lafayette, plus the sale price of his home, plus moving his wife's business. That said, money won't be an issue on our side of things if we think he's worth that kind of investment.

he's more than likely not coming barring some changes to the administration though.

vCash
    I'd take it over MSU. Based on our track record, he would be lucky to last more than 5-6 years. Either end up losing like Mullen or do well and get put on probation. Not a woe me statement, just our history. I do want Hud BTW, I just can't see him turning down a job like that for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Charlie Strong.
    Was offered Saban money on Rocky Top last year and turned it down. Currently makes $3.7mil base with almost $600k in performance bonuses.

Hud won't move for less than 2.7 is what I've been told, plus his buyout in Lafayette, plus the sale price of his home, plus moving his wife's business. That said, money won't be an issue on our side of things if we think he's worth that kind of investment.
    Sounds largely like agent-speak and negotiation to me. I don't believe any coach has ever come out of the Sun Belt making anywhere near that initially. Malzahn was only worth $2.3 starting out...

he's more than likely not coming barring some changes to the administration though.
    Agreed. I'm not the least bit sure that he couldn't get his demands met thought... With every win, he builds tremendous power over us...

vCash
    Might as well make it Saban. Mullen is here another year at the very lest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Spurrier will not get out until after next year at the earliest. SC is the only one of the ones mentioned that would have any appeal to Hud.
    As long as he gets the free Augusta National membership as head coach, he is not leaving SC until he is dead.

vCash
    Hud's ex and my ex have been friends for 35 years. Hud's ex thinks there is a chance he could be in SC next year. Baby Mama makes sure she knows where that support check is gonna come from and where her kids will have to travel to
    Last edited by Coach34; 11-06-2013 at 08:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    As long as he gets the free Augusta National membership as head coach, he is not leaving SC until he is dead.
    As a retired SC coach- he will still have that privelege

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Was offered Saban money on Rocky Top last year and turned it down. Currently makes $3.7mil base with almost $600k in performance bonuses.

Sounds largely like agent-speak and negotiation to me. I don't believe any coach has ever come out of the Sun Belt making anywhere near that initially. Malzahn was only worth $2.3 starting out...

Agreed. I'm not the least bit sure that he couldn't get his demands met thought... With every win, he builds tremendous power over us...
    talking heads in Birmingham actually said that he'd likely be more interested in State than USCw. I found it surprising too, but their proximity to the SEC office would lead me to believe that they know Strong's long term plans include being a head coach in the SEC. I don't have any knowledge that would be he care but found it interesting that they'd throw it out there.

As far as UT goes, their potential sanctions we're still looming if I'm not mistaken and a lot of people anticipated a possible bowl ban and more scholarship losses. Plus some people see UT as a sinking ship. they don't have the national appeal they once did, split in state talent with a once defunct Vandy, have a small African American population, and very little high school talent and have no in-state Jucos to support the school. Plus, they've got a pretty clearly documented financial problem that they're currently digging out of. In the SEC, that's going to eventually ruin you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    man I happen to believe in second chances... You know the whole, Mercy and Grace thing... I think Petrino learned a valuable lesson and is the much better man for it.
    I'm certainly a proponent of mercy and grace.....were it not for grace......
    But....grace isn't a license to continue in sin.....

Has Petrino learned from his mistakes? Not for me to say...... But he is way beyond a second chance!

As for preachers who lie and cheat and not pay their bills, they will ultimately be exposed!

vCash
    MIKE BOBO

vCash
    Ellis Johnson***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Charlie Strong.

Same exact info I was told yet old Engie seems to know everything.

Like I said in my original post HUD isn't a Stricklin fan