Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
I don't know why the M-Braves or Shuckers haven't explored doing it. Maybe the flag? Who knows?

But even if it's three mid majors having MSU, Ole Miss, and USM play a triple header on a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday would probably draw at least 8K per game apiece assuming good weather just on the strength of the local teams alone. If I were the Shuckers I would definitely do it since the M-Braves have a stronghold on the Governor's Cup and MSU/USM and Ole Miss/USM. They may have to play a game on Thursday to work around church and curfews on Sunday- but it's definitely very doable.
As a fan, I'd prefer Biloxi. I'm a big fan of the setup down there and would stay 3-4 days and make a quick weekend trip of it. I bet you would get rid of around 20,000+ tickets per day on average. That's 60,000 tickets sold on the weekend.

I think a team like Michigan or Indiana would jump at the chance to play an early March weekend on the MS coast. You can always find a good major too if you that route. That said, I think you could get a big name team or three.