Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
Brunswick. I just got back from Cherry Log, Ga. Took my wife, 2 daughters and son-law. We rafted the upper and middle Ocoee River which we have done a bunch of times. We hiked many trails with water falls all around Blue Ridge, Ga, such a peaceful beautiful area! If I knew how to show some pics on ED I would! We had the best guide ever on the Ocoee, we watched as the guides when showing up and my family were wishing or hoping who would be our guide. This one dude who was barefooted and had the "Mountain Look" walks up and I tell them I hope he is our guide. He was and he made life easy going thru class 3 & 4 rapids!
The Blue Ridge area is awesome. I go there every autumn for a weekend of hiking, brisket, whiskey, and football and have yet to be disappointed. Amazing cabin scene, solid restaurants, apples orchards out the wazoo, and lots of good hiking and paddling. If anyone's ever thinking about a cabin trip to the Gatlinburg area that doesn't involve Dollywood or the Smoky Mountain National Park, I'd recommend Blue Ridge as an alternative 10 times out of 10.

We did a kayak trip down part of the Toccoa River a few years back. The water never approached anything beyond Class 1+/2-, but that was just enough for me to get some controlled chaos mixed in my relaxation. With the Sequatchie, Hiwassee, and Ocoee rivers so close, I really need to get more into paddling.