Thread: Where will you draw the line....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    I'm pro flag change. I agreed the Minneapolis cop needed to be fired and prosecuted for the George Floyd death.

However I ran across a few tweets by three of our players that didn't support MHP Troopers. That really bothered me. That's the line for me. You have to understand not all Troopers and the state of MS is bad. I won't buy a ticket nor attend a football game this fall.

With that said, I was already on the fence about attending a game this year. Covid. Cohen's Gameday incompetency. Rising ticket prices and moving games for TV.... also knowing the outcome of most big games already..... I was not coming anyway unless there was a free ticket.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 06-19-2020 at 02:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I'm pro flag change. I agreed the Minneapolis cop needed to be fired and prosecuted for the George Floyd death.

However I ran across a few tweets by three of our players that didn't support MHP Troopers. That really bothered me. That's the line for me. You have to understand not all Troopers and the state of MS is bad. I won't buy a ticket nor attend a football game this fall.

With that said, I was already on the fence about attending a game this year. Covid. Cohen's Gameday incompetency. Rising ticket prices and moving games for TV.... also knowing the outcome of most big games already..... I was not coming to any this year anyway unless there was a free ticket.
    The escalation and combining unrelated issues in this post is fascinating.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    So what you are saying is that a few bad apples spoiled the bunch for you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dparker View Post
    So what you are saying is that a few bad apples spoiled the bunch for you.
    Ha. Irony I'm aware.

But the tweet they retweet/comment in.... the MHP did nothing wrong. The tweet thread is doxing the Troopers.

All 3 starters. 2 are stars.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 06-19-2020 at 02:37 PM.

vCash
    Ha. Irony I'm aware.

But the tweet they retweet/comment in.... the MHP did nothing wrong. The tweet thread is doxing the Troopers.

All 3 starters. 2 are stars.
    Not defending doxing - because I am against that -

But, we also have no idea what those players frame of reference is regarding their interactions with MHP. Their only interactions might have been with an a-hole MHP officer. Hell, you've seen the way Starkville Police ticket athletes left and right, it wouldn't surprise me if they have had bad encounters with MHP, or that a number of our players have only had bad experiences with any LEOS. Trust me, having a bad police encounter will change your opinion real quickly. It's hard to get over, and hard to trust LEOs after it happens.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Ha. Irony I'm aware.
    No worries. Glad you caught the irony in it.