Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of the half debacle yesterday....

vCash

The end of the half debacle yesterday....

I cannot stop thinking about that cluster **** of a last minute we had yesterday just before halftime. To me, it was a perfect example of Mullen as a coach. I haven't found the words to post my thoughts on it, but then I read where tcdog posted about it and it mirrored my thoughts completely.

So, tcdog, I stole this from you because it was a good post. Thank you.

Just how many things went wrong in the last 30 seconds.

1.Dak takes a sack.
    2.we call back to back time outs. I wonder what the hell they discussed in those timeouts?
    3.with 13 seconds left a long FG or a hailMary would have been way better.
    4. A8 yard curl, are you 17ing kidding?
    5. An asst Coach and a HC not knowing what the hell is going on. Running a fg team on the field with 4 seconds.wonder how long they have been practicing that.
    6. Dan gets Mad at Dak and then the asst Coach, Dan all that shit is on YOU.
    7. Have we had a cluster before every halftime this Year?
    8. Our self destructions before halftimes this year just sets the stage for awful third quarters

If you can't read that and see that we have a major coaching problem right now.....then you are just trying not to see the obvious. It is time, Gentlemen.

vCash
    One of the most baffling things to me is that Dan chewed Dak's ass about burning that last timeout, and then proceeded to call a pass play that was an 8 yard curl that he KNEW would run out the clock if caught. What the hell was he thinking? I'm serious when I say that it may have been the worst coaching I've seen. We took TWO timeouts back to back and still ended up with an 8 yard pass that ran out the clock. Just atrocious.

Now I know that Dak took the sack, and Dak called the timeout. I'm not saying there isn't blame on Dak and others as well, but if you are the head coach, you have to preach not to take a sack...and then once that second timeout is taken you HAVE GOT to either throw an out route, Hail Mary, or just bring out the long field goal attempt.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 11-03-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Ding Ding Ding!!!!!!!! It was terrible. Embarassing. Pathetic. Any other negative term you can think of, that was it

vCash
    You are welcome CD, it is just sad to have to post this shit. A HC getting over 2million, should refund some of the. $. Most good High School coaches would have done a better job..with 2 times out run it call a TO run it call a TO kick the FG, go to half time on an upbeat knowing you get the ball after half.

vCash
    Per Dan's post game inteview, Dak had to call the second timeout because we lined up incorrectly. And also from the postgame interview- and I'm kind of reading between the lines here a little bit- I think what happened was we run the curl and the assistant coach assumed that we wanted to go with a field goal, but Dan wanted to try a hail Mary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    You are welcome CD, it is just sad to have to post this shit. A HC getting over 2million, should refund some of the. $. Most good High School coaches would have done a better job..with 2 times out run it call a TO run it call a TO kick the FG, go to half time on an upbeat knowing you get the ball after half.
    Yep. That's the thing all of these Mullen defenders don't want to understand. None of us want Mullen to fail....we just see the terrible coaching being displayed, the poor play calling, and the fact that we aren't adjusting, etc. instead of choosing to ignore it and turn a blind eye like the Mullen guys do. They see it, but I think they are just wanting so badly for us to not have to make a coaching change, that they aren't letting themselves believe it. I've been there, that's why I respect their opinions...but they will see it soon enough. I just hope the ones making the decisions don't allow it to snowball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Per Dan's post game inteview, Dak had to call the second timeout because we lined up incorrectly. And also from the postgame interview- and I'm kind of reading between the lines here a little bit- I think what happened was we run the curl and the assistant coach assumed that we wanted to go with a field goal, but Dan wanted to try a hail Mary.
    Wow, so again, all of those were on coaching. Color me shocked.

vCash
    I have to disagree w/ #'s 2,4, and 5. The back-back timeouts had everything to do w/ Dak not getting our guys lined up correctly. If you look at the routes we were working the sidelines, again another bad decision by Dak. Lastly if our Ass.'t coach doesn't know the situation there then he doesn't need to be on the sideline. The entire sideline was yelling and signaling clock it. I don't think all blame can be placed on Dan there at the end. After all it was his play calling that got us in the situation to possibly score just before half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAWG8 View Post
    I have to disagree w/ #'s 2,4, and 5. The back-back timeouts had everything to do w/ Dak not getting our guys lined up correctly. If you look at the routes we were working the sidelines, again another bad decision by Dak. Lastly if our Ass.'t coach doesn't know the situation there then he doesn't need to be on the sideline. The entire sideline was yelling and signaling clock it. I don't think all blame can be placed on Dan there at the end. After all it was his play calling that got us in the situation to possibly score just before half.
    What? The team being lined up wrong is not on Dak. And if you really think we could have spiked it before the clock ran out, you're crazy. The screw up was the play call. And how are we working the sidelines by running an 8 yard curl in the middle of the field? It all goes back to coaching. And the assistant on the sideline that was confused....is Dan's employee

vCash
    The Saints JUST came out of a timeout and didn't get their play called on time. FIRE SEAN PAYTON

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    The Saints JUST came out of a timeout and didn't get their play called on time. FIRE SEAN PAYTON
    Ha, the Saints are playing great football lately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You got it part right

We lined up wrong- Dakota called the wrong formation. Dakota made the mistake
    So, because of Dakota's mistake- we had to call our last time-out.
    The Assistant coach knew we were trying to get in position for the FG
    We threw the curl to get in position for the FG and to try and get the 1st down or at worst clock the ball- because now we were out of TO's
    The dumbass Assistant sent the FG team out- not realizing we didnt have a time-out left. Or he had no idea of the time left.

The Assistant completely ****ed it up. Remember, you get what you pay for in assistant salaries.

It all falls back on Mullen ultimately- but you had Dakota mess up the formation making us unable to run the play called- then an assistant doing something incredibly stupid.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Cadaver, you've made up your mind that Dan should go. I don't know if anything we do wrong will be anyone other than Dan's fault. Players are the ones executing plays, not coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    exactly- our fans just see us make mistakes and never watch any other teams play apparently. Teams do stupid shit in every game- every week.

We are a 10 point favorite over Kentucky-win by 6- our fans go nuts and say Mullen didnt have the team prepared or coached
    Hud is a 32 point favorite yesterday and is down 2 TD's at half. Wins by 13 or 14- but he is the mf'ing man. Even if his team underperformed much worse.

Fans are fanatics for a reason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    exactly- our fans just see us make mistakes and never watch any other teams play apparently. Teams do stupid shit in every game- every week.

We are a 10 point favorite over Kentucky-win by 6- our fans go nuts and say Mullen didnt have the team prepared or coached
    Hud is a 32 point favorite yesterday and is down 2 TD's at half. Wins by 13 or 14- but he is the mf'ing man. Even if his team underperformed much worse.

Fans are fanatics for a reason
    Wow, comparing us to the Saints? But we're just "fans being fanatical". Then you must be delusional.

I'm at a loss for words at how sheepish you have become over Mullen. It's like he has pictures of your wife naked. Nobody said Hud was the man yesterday....instead it was actually one of you Mullen defenders that said "Oh Noz!!1!1 the legend is trailing to 1-6 New Mexico State!!1!1!1 I thought he was the savior!!1!!" And then he proceeded to score 35 2nd half points and make that look dumb as shit. But now you spin it into people saying Hud is a God because he won by 14. What a joke.

And actually, if you truly think we could have spiked the ball in time to stop the clock after that curl, you're clueless. There was no chance. The ball was caught with 6-7 seconds left and the officials wouldn't have even spotted it in time to spike it. Regardless of the Assistant (who is Dan's employee) ****ing up...Dan ****ed up by calling that play regardless.

My God, you people trying to defend Mullen are ridiculous. We all want Mullen to succeed....but when he's screwing up why can you not just call a spade a spade? Why try to spin it and defend him like he's your child. He makes pretty damn good money...I would think he could come up with a better play call after 2 timeouts. Maybe I'm expecting too much from a guy that obviously is a child that needs protection.

vCash
    You got it part right

We lined up wrong- Dakota called the wrong formation. Dakota made the mistake
    So, because of Dakota's mistake- we had to call our last time-out.
    The Assistant coach knew we were trying to get in position for the FG
    We threw the curl to get in position for the FG and to try and get the 1st down or at worst clock the ball- because now we were out of TO's
    The dumbass Assistant sent the FG team out- not realizing we didnt have a time-out left. Or he had no idea of the time left.

The Assistant completely ****ed it up. Remember, you get what you pay for in assistant salaries.

It all falls back on Mullen ultimately- but you had Dakota mess up the formation making us unable to run the play called- then an assistant doing something incredibly stupid.
    Yes, the assisstant screwed up, but that is completely irrelevant. The drop back pass call was dumb in that situation and led to the sack. We came out in the wrong formation out of a TO, and that is on coaching. But worse, there is no way you get a second play off after an 8 yard curl there. That call is just stupid. I thought that's what Dan was chewing the assisstant out for, it just makes it worse that it wasn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAWG8 View Post
    Cadaver, you've made up your mind that Dan should go. I don't know if anything we do wrong will be anyone other than Dan's fault. Players are the ones executing plays, not coaches.
    Actually I want the son of a bitch to succeed, but I'm not going to spin his mistakes into blaming others, when the buck ultimately stops with Mullen. I actually saw some good things yesterday. We made several personnel moves like Sobiesk, Shump, JRob, etc, that we're great. However, me and several of our fans have been calling for those obvious moves for 7 weeks or more...so I'm not going to give the coach a blow job for making obvious moves 7 weeks too late! If anything he should be criticized even more for taking so damn long to do obvious Things. At this point in his career, he shouldn't be making boneheaded coaching moves that put his teams in a bad spot like it is year 1...but we are seeing rookie mistakes and no adjustments. I'm sorry that I am expecting more than what he is delivering. I respect your opinions on Mullen, but I don't have to agree with them. And it definitely doesn't make me wrong.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 11-03-2013 at 01:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Yes, the assisstant screwed up, but that is completely irrelevant. The drop back pass call was dumb in that situation and led to the sack. We came out in the wrong formation out of a TO, and that is on coaching. But worse, there is no way you get a second play off after an 8 yard curl there. That call is just stupid. I thought that's what Dan was chewing the assisstant out for, it just makes it worse that it wasn't.
    I totally agree on the bad playcall that led to the sack- it goes back to my RTGDB motto. Run the ball- get 4 -5 yards and get ourselves into position for the FG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Exactly. It's even worse to know that Dan thought the curl was the right call.

Again, Several players messed up yesterday, and Dak turned it over too much. But to act like that debacle at the end of the half wasn't Mullen's fault is just trying to deny the obvious.

vCash
    I totally agree on the bad playcall that led to the sack- it goes back to my RTGDB motto. Run the ball- get 4 -5 yards and get ourselves into position for the FG
    Yep. The RTDB quote is the ultimate answer to yesterday. There are several issues, but that issue was the biggest