Thread: Thoughts on Dak

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Thoughts on Dak

As we sit here on message boards and bicker about Mullen, Hud, etc.....

Peggy Prescott didn't just up and pass away yesterday, cancer is a cruel and horrible disease. She probably has been in severe decline this fall, and odds are she was in some type of hospice care the last week or two of her life. I know this from my own grandfather and his death.

Boarding the plane for SC, Dak very likely knew his mother wouldn't be here long, and he would likely not get a chance to see her again. That's enough weight on the shoulders of any 20-21 year old kid.

Dak still went with his team, went to a place where a nationally ranked opponent has not lost in 15 straight games, facing arguably the best DL we will see this year, and gave it his best. Did he have a bad game, yes. Did he have every reason in the world to mail it in and not even go to Columbia? Yes.

Dak stuck it out and fought for Mississippi State when 99% of us would have skipped a game. I'll bet he'll be starting on Kyle Field on Saturday too, giving it everything he has. The least we can do as fans is quit bickering and be supportive of the coaches and team for the rest of the season.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slickdawg View Post

Peggy Prescott didn't just up and pass away yesterday, cancer is a cruel and horrible disease. She probably has been in severe decline this fall, and odds are she was in some type of hospice care the last week or two of her life. I know this from my own grandfather and his death.

Boarding the plane for SC, Dak very likely knew his mother wouldn't be here long, and he would likely not get a chance to see her again. That's enough weight on the shoulders of any 20-21 year old kid.

Dak still went with his team, went to a place where a nationally ranked opponent has not lost in 15 straight games, facing arguably the best DL we will see this year, and gave it his best. Did he have a bad game, yes. Did he have every reason in the world to mail it in and not even go to Columbia? Yes.

Dak stuck it out and fought for Mississippi State when 99% of us would have skipped a game. I'll bet he'll be starting on Kyle Field on Saturday too, giving it everything he has. The least we can do as fans is quit bickering and be supportive of the coaches and team for the rest of the season.
    +infinity
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    +infinity
    Great post. Dak is a great young man. The bulldog nation mourns his loss with him. We are with you Dak.

vCash
    Bravo sir !!!

vCash
    Yes, I agree. I can completely understand having a bad game. The guy is a leader. He is going to be as great of a QB as Mullen has had (including Tebow). He is just young now and is still learning. Next year our offense will be outstanding and I am very proud to have Dak as our QB!

vCash
    I totally agree.

I bet the guy who posted "I'm starting to think Dak has an issue between his ears" feels like an asshole.

vCash
    yeah when i read about his mother passing last night, everything about his play from saturday suddenly made a lot more sense.

vCash
    ABSOLUTELY!!

vCash

Preach! My thoughts exactly...

vCash
    great young man-no doubt. terrible for a man to lose his mom at any age. i would like to beat the shit outta anybody that has some shit to say about Dak.

vCash

+amens

vCash
    Best post this site has ever had. Dak deserves a big THANK YOU for his efforts this past Saturday. No one on this board, myself included, could've handled everything the way he did. Dak is going to be the best QB this University has ever seen.
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    Nailed it.

As I stated in a different thread, the fact that he made the trip and played is a real testament to him. Ms. Prescott did her job as mother very well based on Dak's actions this past weekend...