As we sit here on message boards and bicker about Mullen, Hud, etc.....

Peggy Prescott didn't just up and pass away yesterday, cancer is a cruel and horrible disease. She probably has been in severe decline this fall, and odds are she was in some type of hospice care the last week or two of her life. I know this from my own grandfather and his death.

Boarding the plane for SC, Dak very likely knew his mother wouldn't be here long, and he would likely not get a chance to see her again. That's enough weight on the shoulders of any 20-21 year old kid.

Dak still went with his team, went to a place where a nationally ranked opponent has not lost in 15 straight games, facing arguably the best DL we will see this year, and gave it his best. Did he have a bad game, yes. Did he have every reason in the world to mail it in and not even go to Columbia? Yes.

Dak stuck it out and fought for Mississippi State when 99% of us would have skipped a game. I'll bet he'll be starting on Kyle Field on Saturday too, giving it everything he has. The least we can do as fans is quit bickering and be supportive of the coaches and team for the rest of the season.