Thread: Mississippi State needs to come out with Eric Moulds highlights

vCash

Mississippi State needs to come out with Eric Moulds highlights

Some of my favorites are the video above which was his signature game. He had another incredible TD in this game and converted a two point conversion. And then there are:

1994 Tennessee- Moulds made the key leaping catch on a long fourth down conversion to set up the game winning TD.

1993 Ole Miss- scored on a BEAUTIFUL flea flicker from Todd Jordan

1994 Arkansas- scored on a hitch where he spun around and caused a guy from Arkansas to fly by him and then juked out the next guy. Scored another TD later in the game too.

1994 LSU- scored on a kick return. Moulds was one of the best kick return guys we have ever had. After this no one kicked to him again.

1994 Tulane- scored on a post on Derrick Taite's then record setting day.

I believe he scored a TD against Florida in 1993 on a deep pass play and against Kentucky in 1994 but I may be incorrect. If those are true they would be good to include.

He also had a couple of TD's called back because of holding on our offensive line against Auburn in 1994 and LSU in 1995. He had a big day against Tennessee in 1995 as well although we got blown out.

vCash
    The catches vs Bama and UT..... amazing to see in person and in real time.

All good memories that you mention.

I forget the year..... but home opener vs Memphis. First play of the game..... Memphis had 1 on 1 coverage with Moulds. Taite audibles to a quick pass to moulds. The Memphis defender never had a chance. TD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    The catches vs Bama and UT..... amazing to see in person and in real time.

All good memories that you mention.

I forget the year..... but home opener vs Memphis. First play of the game..... Memphis had 1 on 1 coverage with Moulds. Taite audibles to a quick pass to moulds. The Memphis defender never had a chance. TD.
    1995 Memphis- I shouldn't have left that out.

vCash
    Eric was something! I wish he could've played in a real passing offense, no telling what kind of stats he would've put up. If he played for Leach he might put up numbers that would stand for a long long time!

vCash
    What a damn stud. It's hard to believe that we haven't had anybody like him in all this time.

vCash
    Eric was one of those "did you just see that" type of players! Still talk to him on occasion.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Eric was something! I wish he could've played in a real passing offense, no telling what kind of stats he would've put up. If he played for Leach he might put up numbers that would stand for a long long time!
    Moulds is probably the best WR to ever play at MSU. He was unstoppable. Great KR guy too. I remember teams double and triple teaming him to try and stop him. He was a physical guy at WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Moulds is probably the best WR to ever play at MSU. He was unstoppable. Great KR guy too. I remember teams double and triple teaming him to try and stop him. He was a physical guy at WR.
    Big, strong, fast, quick and agile and could jump out of the gym! I miss watching the guy play! He was something!

vCash
    Rumor was he had a basketball scholarship to Kentucky. He was a hell of an athlete. 40+" vertical jump.

vCash
    Was there any truth to the Tate, Moulds and Jackie's daughter rumors?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Rumor was he had a basketball scholarship to Kentucky. He was a hell of an athlete. 40+" vertical jump.
    That play he made against bama in the end zone. He was double covered the throw was high and he looked like he had springs on his shoes! He just jumped and snatched that ball out of mid air with 2 defenders just standing there flat footed staring. It was awesome!

vCash
    That play he made against bama in the end zone. He was double covered the throw was high and he looked like he had springs on his shoes! He just jumped and snatched that ball out of mid air with 2 defenders just standing there flat footed staring. It was awesome!
    He bailed out Derrick Taite so many times it was ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Was there any truth to the Tate, Moulds and Jackie's daughter rumors?
    The rumor I heard was that Moulds and Taite were mad at each other over a girl and that's why Taite wouldn't throw the ball to Moulds in the 1994 Peach Bowl which we should have won.

Not sure who the girl was but I kind of doubt it was Jackie's daughter.

vCash
    I'll never forget it. I thought Taite was throwing it out the back of endzone. Then Moulds leaped 12 feet in the air. The most athletic play by anyone..... that I've seen at Scott Field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The rumor I heard was that Moulds and Taite were mad at each other over a girl and that's why Taite wouldn't throw the ball to Moulds in the 1994 Peach Bowl which we should have won.

Not sure who the girl was but I kind of doubt it was Jackie's daughter.
    I heard it was Jackie's daughter.