1. I'm not surprised KT is transferring. Definitely disappointed, though. I was hoping he'd stay and play WR. He'd be one of our best WRs immediately with his speed and hands. But if he's hellbent on being a QB, it wasn't ever going to happen for him at State. He'll have 2 to play 2 somewhere after redshirting last year. Good luck to him.

2. Leach loves pro style, pocket passer QBs. He's one of the best QB coaches in the nation and THE guru of the Air Raid Offense. If that's what he thinks will make his offense most effective, then he should go all in with it. And that's exactly what he's doing with Costello, the ESPN 300 QB that's committed, etc. I'm interested to see how it works for him and us. That said...

3. I still think it's dumb to try to have pocket passing QBs at MSU. Virtually every good QB we've ever had was a mobile, dual threat type: Bond, Felker, Don Smith, Sleepy, Madkin, Omarr, Relf, Dak, Fitz. Conversely, some of our biggest busts or terrible QBs were pocket passers: Todd Jordan, Taite, Fant, Henig, Tyler Russel, etc. Why is that? IMO, it's because our OL and WR talent is too inconsistent. We can never seem to have all 3 positions be SEC quality at the same time. Sometimes we were lucky if just one of the three positions were SEC quality. For instance: I'll always believe Fant was good enough, but our OL wasn't even JUCO quality when he was here, so he took beating after beating and eventually developed QB PTSD. Tyler Russell didn't really have the WRs he needed to be successful. I could go on and on.

But bottom line IMO is that MSU needs a QB that can make plays with his feet to keep the chains moving when play breaks down. Hope like hell I'm wrong and Leach & Co can consistently recruit some badass pass protecting OL and SEC caliber WRs. We know he'll take obscure QBs and make them look all-world. Hope like hell I'm wrong about all this and we enter a golden age of MSU football success as an Air Raid team. And honestly, if anyone can find the guys he needs to make it work, it'll be Leach. I'm really, really interested to see how it all plays out over the next 3-4 years as we transition away from the spread option. And I hope Leach makes it work so he can stick it to Lefty Spineless Bastard when the time comes (don't even get me started on that assclown right now).

Anyway, as always, feel free to agree or disagree. Hadn't posted in a while, had these thoughts rattling around, and thought I'd share while it was on my mind. Hope everyone is staying safe and we can #ReopenAmerica soon.

Hail State!