Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looks Like Kiffin Isn't A Big Plumlee Fan....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    67% completion percentage, 2941 yards, 25 TDS to 7 Ints and a 156 passer rating last year. It's hard to compare stats with Plumlee who was a part time player (in large part because of his limitations as a passer) but he had a 53% completion percentage even with the threat of him being a runner, only 4 TDS to 3 Ints, and a 108 rating.

I'm not saying Trask is the greatest passer in the league, just that he's a MUCH better passer than Plumlee. I don't see how that's debatable.
    He's also a good bit older than Plumlee. I'm not a huge Trask fan.

I think he's "adequate" and really does nothing to give Florida an advantage against UGA
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    67% completion percentage, 2941 yards, 25 TDS to 7 Ints and a 156 passer rating last year. It's hard to compare stats with Plumlee who was a part time player (in large part because of his limitations as a passer) but he had a 53% completion percentage even with the threat of him being a runner, only 4 TDS to 3 Ints, and a 108 rating.

I'm not saying Trask is the greatest passer in the league, just that he's a MUCH better passer than Plumlee. I don't see how that's debatable.
    Shotgun, don't let your opinion get in the way of the facts. Trask is maybe above average, Plumlee below average. Trask is better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Shotgun, don't let your opinion get in the way of the facts. Trask is maybe above average, Plumlee below average. Trask is better.
    One is 2 years older than other & plays with far more talent around them.

I'm looking at the talent of the two players, not stats.

Sorry, stats are only a peice of the puzzle. Sorry if you think stats are the end all be all of evaluation. That's pretty ignorant

vCash
    That's right! Stats are one thing but Shotgun's eye for talent is on a whole other level!

IMO, Trask saved Mullen's season because he is clearly better than Franks. But Mullen being Mullen started Franks over him.

vCash
    Trask is the better QB

Plumlee is the better athlete, but not a QB. Ole Miss took him as a QB just to get him. Plain and simple. He is very very fast, that?s the only thing that saves him.

He is a hell of a pinch runner in baseball also, but not a D1 baseball player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    That's right! Stats are one thing but Shotgun's eye for talent is on a whole other level!

IMO, Trask saved Mullen's season because he is clearly better than Franks. But Mullen being Mullen started Franks over him.
    Trask is better than Franks, but I've never been a Franks fan either.

Mullen is a damn good QB coach. I think it's reasonable to believe that Plumlee would be better at most things with Mullen as his coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Trask is the better QB

Plumlee is the better athlete, but not a QB. Ole Miss took him as a QB just to get him. Plain and simple. He is very very fast, that?s the only thing that saves him.

He is a hell of a pinch runner in baseball also, but not a D1 baseball player.
    Trask has more NFL potential than Plumlee as a QB, however, Plumlee is way more explosive. I think it's reasonable to believe that if Florida took Plumlee & adjusted their offense ot fit his skill set, Florida would be a better team & have a greater chance of beating UGA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    You could also say Dylan Favre was way more explosive and dynamic than Chris Relf. Granted this isn't a great example since Trask obviously isn't the runner Relf was in any form, but I think there's a clear, longstanding pattern that shows Mullen is uncomfortable playing undersized QB's, regardless of their top end playmaking ability in his offense.
    Probably scarred from Tyson Lee vs LSU. Like the rest of us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    You could also say Dylan Favre was way more explosive and dynamic than Chris Relf. Granted this isn't a great example since Trask obviously isn't the runner Relf was in any form, but I think there's a clear, longstanding pattern that shows Mullen is uncomfortable playing undersized QB's, regardless of their top end playmaking ability in his offense.
    maybe he never got over the disappointment against LSU in his first year here ... 4th & goal from the 1 yard line and a 5'-10" QB tried to do a jump pass .....................................

ETA - posted before seeing Todd's post ... and yes, I'm def still scarred from that play .... If I remember correctly I think we had 1st & goal from the 3 yd line - Ralph, Dak, or Fitz gets us in
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 04-23-2020 at 07:24 AM.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    maybe he never got over the disappointment against LSU in his first year here ... 4th & goal from the 1 yard line and a 5'-10" QB tried to do a jump pass .....................................

ETA - posted before seeing Todd's post ... and yes, I'm def still scarred from that play .... If I remember correctly I think we had 1st & goal from the 3 yd line - Ralph, Dak, or Fitz gets us in
    Even worse- Dixon gets in on that play too.