Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil Futures in the negative (and how this relates directly to CFB donations)

Banned
    vCash

Oil Futures in the negative (and how this relates directly to CFB donations)

vCash
    The total collapse of oil prices will hurt Mississippi and other states for a good while. The economic blow-back from this is and will continue to be, significant. Just damn.

vCash
    Oklahoma State is screwed then.

Banned
    vCash
    If you had a place to store a few million barrels, today would be a good day to buy and stock up. Buy a million barrells and they give you 20 million to take them off their hands and they give you the oil. Sounds like a good deal, that is if you can actually take delivery.

vCash
    I thought it was only West texas oil that was down to close to zero but oil on the crude market was up around 26.00.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    If you had a place to store a few million barrels, today would be a good day to buy and stock up. Buy a million barrells and they give you 20 million to take them off their hands and they give you the oil. Sounds like a good deal, that is if you can actually take delivery.
    Nobody anywhere can store it. They don't have the compacidy. They already at 100%. I think the United State goverment could but the money would have to be approved to restock the strategic oil reserve.

vCash
    Cash price of West Texas Crude was $6 last week so most oil guys saw this coming. They have no storage left.

I remember starting a thread on here a few weeks ago about how the economy was going to hurt really bad because of this and getting laughed at by several.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I thought it was only West texas oil that was down to close to zero but oil on the crude market was up around 26.00.
    Feel like WTI is going to relate more to the money guys in college football than the others. Though smart investors diversify their portfolio, Brent "holding" at $26 is still not that great for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Cash price of West Texas Crude was $6 last week so most oil guys saw this coming. They have no storage left.

I remember starting a thread on here a few weeks ago about how the economy was going to hurt really bad because of this and getting laughed at by several.
    I have filled my car up with gas once in four weeks. I usually in that period of time do five fill ups. I have extra money for toilet paper. A lot of good that has done me but I do spend it on take out food to try and help local restaurants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Feel like WTI is going to relate more to the money guys in college football than the others. Though smart investors diversify their portfolio, Brent "holding" at $26 is still not that great for them.
    My cousins husband is a ferry boat captain of a boat that transport oil workers. For years he live an expensive life. He made a ton of money but spent a ton of money. He has been struggling now for a few years. He lives in Houston and that is not a inexpensive place to live.

vCash
    I bought a new truck the end of February and it still has less than 900 miles on it.

vCash
    Nobody anywhere can store it. They don't have the compacidy. They already at 100%. I think the United State goverment could but the money would have to be approved to restock the strategic oil reserve.
    Correct. So why not just leave it in the ground for a while longer?

vCash
    The SPR has been full for a while. There is no place to put the oil or anything else in terms of petroleum products.

vCash
    How much of a barrel of crude is used for passenger vehicles?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    That's certainly going to happen along with a tremendous amount of pain for many, many people. There's going to be a depression in the oil section of the global economy. Deflation is a nightmare scenario.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redstickdawg View Post
    The SPR has been full for a while. There is no place to put the oil or anything else in terms of petroleum products.
    I am no expert.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    It's cheaper to do what they are doing that to stop production. Stopping pumping takes a lot of money.

vCash
    Without comment.

http://dlvr.it/RV7Z9K

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    It's cheaper to do what they are doing that to stop production. Stopping pumping takes a lot of money.
    Aren't they going to have to shut down here shortly to switch to summer blend? Something they seem to do every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    Without comment.

http://dlvr.it/RV7Z9K
    What that idiot does not understand ...the price of oil just made the green economy even less economically viable than it already was... and she has a degree in economics..