Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
Marquis Spencer is a good college DE and is strong against the run. He, however, is nothing close to Preston Smith and cannot rush the passer very well. Spencer will be lucky to make to an NFL roster.

We will not be very good on D in 2020. This is a fact many of you will learn just as I told you about the big drop we would have in 2019 that many of you insisted wouldnt happen.
We'll I never said we were going to be great on D. We were not good last year and we lost talent. Point of my post is there is potential not that we are going to be great on D. I don't have to learn anything to see what talent we have or don't. My observation was based on one game - egg bowl. A game where our team seem to come out with good effort. That is where I see potential. Bowl game was a joke.

Spencer, agree he is better in run support but again he rushed and got to QB in egg bowl as good as Preston did his junior year. Preston went from meh to NFL in one year. Will Spencer do it? Don't know but he has the potential if he works hard and gets his head on right. Now he doesn't have the help Preston did which will probably hurt him.